Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Ft Worth Autumn Swap October 30!

Posted by sylviatexas z8a Tx (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 17, 10 at 14:29

Our Organizing Wizard, Miss Brenda, has reserved the pavilion in front of the zoo for our semi-annual Swap!

Maybe we should call her our Wizard Of Organization & abbreviate it "WOO"???

"Miss Brenda, WOO"!

I like it.

Ahem.

The Swap starts promptly at 10 AM, or whenever the first person gets there, & runs until we go home.

Chef Ruben, esteemed husband of Brenda WOO, grills hot dogs & provides drinks & chips for lunch, so be sure to bring them something "gardeny" in return.

I'll find the threads about Swap etiquette/structure/rules & bring them to the top.

Directions:

From I-30 at the western edge of downtown Ft Worth, go south on University & turn left (east) onto Colonial.

Follow the little road through some curves until you see the ball fields on the right.

The turn-in is just past the ball fields, & you'll find the parking area in front of the pavilion.

If the spirit moves you, bring along something to share at lunch, ie potato salad or cole slaw or whatever dish has made you famous.

I'm excited to see everyone again, & I can't wait to hear how you all have been doing!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Ft Worth Autumn Swap October 30!

He I like WOO. If we call Ruben aka The Cook, Husband of Organizer we could be WOO HOO!

o

There you are Sylvia. I was wondering if you're still hosting the swap. You probably remember my husband and me (Thuy and Anh). We were the only Asian couple (well, before Kay joined us)that showed up on every plant swap in DFW lol. We live in Houston now but I always remember the folks at Trinity park swap. What a wonderful group of peoples! BTW, do you still talk to Bobby these days? How is she? Please send our regards to her.

We're tempted to drive to Dallas for the swap hehehe We'll see.

o

Aaaahhhhhh!

(squealing with delight!)

*There* you are!

Yes, of course I remember you two!

I hope that you're doing well & that you are enjoying Houston.

Please *do* drive up here for the swap;
we'd all love to see you.

o

I live down in Bosque County but wondered if I can attend your plant swap? Can you give me some details so I know what I can bring, ect.

o

Yay! Robin!

Yes, heck yes, & bring everybody you know!

There are 3 or 4 other threads that I brought to the top that explain the ABCs, including suggestions for your own comfort (hats, comfy shoes, chair, etc), for tools & supplies (Sharpies, plant tags, business cards or something with your info on them, etc), & how to prepare your plants & garden things & how to make sure you & your trade partner are "on the same page".

Lots of us do pre-trades, arranging the swap on this forum, but it's a good idea to bring some wonderful things to trade on the spur of the moment, 'cause you never know who's going to show up with something you've been wanting!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here