Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Summer Blooms!

Posted by phyllisb2008 8 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 3, 09 at 15:41

What do you have blooming in this hot sunny Texas? I have Zinnia's,Hibiscus,Celosia and Black&Blue Salvia.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Summer Blooms!

• Posted by ruthz 8a D/FW Texas (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 3, 09 at 17:53

I have Rose of Sharon, Tithonia, Zinnia's, Roses, Mexican Petunia, Butterfly Bush, Butterfly weed, Rudbeckia, Coneflower, Esperanza, Impatients, Cosmos, Crepe Myrtle, Cannas, Datura, Lantana, Hyacinth bean, 4 O'Clocks, Plumeria, Salvia's and Morning Glories.
Of course this is as long as I water every other day.

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a D/FW Texas (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 3, 09 at 18:39

I remembered a few more.
Petunia, turks cap and veronica.

o

ruth, good list I need to come to your house. I do have crepe's and rose of sharon I forgot them. I had cosmos,but gone to seed already cut my 4 O'clocks back they were ugly looking and the plumeria has never bloomed. Don't have any luck with petunias

o

I have the general crepe myrtles, 4 o'clock, hibiscus, knock out roses, hyacinth bean, Esperanza, Mexian petunia, brugmansia, white datura, lantana and flox. My Plumeria came back from last year, but never bloomed.
This year has been goof to brugs; there is more raining days and has got cooler earlier!

o

hey fortune gardener, how are you? will you be at the swap this Year? My brugs have never bloomed.

o

My pink plumeria has bloomed it's little heart out, but nary a bloom on the yellow one. And I totally agree that this was a BAD brug year ...... the worst I have ever had. Mine have bloomed but not the normal flushes I usually have. Some of the inground ones have not even "Y'd" yet, so of course they haven't bloomed. Such a strange year for me.

o

Hey Carrie,My Plumeria is about 3ft. tall and looks healthy,but no blooms on that one either. My Banana tree has done very well in this heat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here