Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mommyfox

HAVE: Chickens!

mommyfox
14 years ago

Ok, so chickens technically are not plants. However, mine live in the garden, eat bugs, trim the grass and provide me with natural fertilizer, so I consider them garden-related! (They also ate my thyme.)

I have 4 purebred black Ameraucana chicks for sale. These little guys are just a few days old and still in the adorable chick stage. The hens will lay beautiful sky blue eggs. I bought the fertile eggs from a reputable breeder with a beautiful flock. They come from a blue/black/splash flock. I am asking $5 a chick. Cash only, pickup only in Arlington, TX. 9728904592, or email from here. Thanks so much!

-Julie

Comments (10)

• mommyfox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

This round of chicks is sold. But if you want some, I've got an incubator going, and I'm about to add Ameraucanas plus some cute bantams - cochins, silkies, cochin/silkie crosses, and maybe some frizzles or Ameraucana bantams! I have high hopes I will get a splash frizzle Ameraucana, who will make the world explode in a cuteness overload.

• beachplant
    14 years ago

My chicken envy is in full bloom! One of these days I too will have chickens.
    Tally HO!

• mommyfox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Beachplant, chickens are easy! Check out Backyard Chickens; they're a great site! I have 4 in my tiny backyard and they're just spiffy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Backyard Chickens

• mommyfox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I officially have more chicks! So far 1 Turken, 2 might-be-frizzled Cochins, and 2 Silkies.

• muddauber7
    14 years ago

Mommyfox , could you use another incubator? I was gifted one about 7 yrs ago and I never even tried it out. I was raising chickens at the time but gave it up because my chickens developed a mite problem that was overwhelming.When the man gave the incubator to me he said it worked fine. It has been sitting in my barn ever since. I would happily "re-gift it" if you are interested. If so, and if you are coming to the Ft.Worth Swap let me know and I load it up and tote it to ya. Or e-mail me and we can work something else out. Billy

• mommyfox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Heck yeah I want a free incubator! Can I trade you something for it? A salvia? Some artemisia? A rooster? Ha! Call it 7 years storage fee ... :-)

• muddauber7
    14 years ago

Mommyfox (sorry.. typing Mommyfox makes me giggle...) I Will bring the incubator Saturday. I will blow it out with the air compressor but cleaning or paint is on you. :-p I have plenty of salvia, don't much care for artemisia,...a rooster...? Now that might be a trip! I wonder how he'd get along with my pack of chihauhau's? If he was a really "cocky" rooster, that might turn into one heckuva meet and greet. hehehehe But I better say thank ya anyway, it's probably not a good idea. I would be satisfied knowing it was being used for something other a place to pile stuff. It really needs a home. Billy

• beachplant
    14 years ago

Mother Earth had a great article this year too on them. Thanks for the link. Hopefully by next year I'll have a couple of my own chickies. Now to decide which ones!
    Tally HO!

Will trade rooster for incubator. THAT's going to be an interesting swap. :)
    I used to have a patient that brought me eggs everytime she came to the clinic.

• muddauber7
    14 years ago

Mommyfox, I tried to call you today. I blew out the incubator and cleaned it up some. (It has been sitting in my barn for 7 years after all.:-) ) Anyway, I plugged it in and ran it for 5 hours. It seems to be working fine. I also have a couple of waterers for chickens and a feeder or two that I can no longer use. I hope you don't mind me unloading my junk on you, but you aren't obligated to accept what you can't use. They may still make good and unusual planters. See ya Sat. Billy

• mommyfox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry I missed your call; I was out of the house most of the day. I'm sure I can find a use for the feeder and waterers! If I can't use it I am sure one of my "chicken friends" can! Thank you again. See you Saturday! -Julie

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor