Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Rose Cutting

Posted by mikeb1206 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 1, 08 at 17:58

After years of trying, I finally learned how to propagte roses! And as with most gardeners I want more and more and more.
If you have any rose cuttings I can have, please email me. I will be happy to give some of the plants back to you if I get several cuttings. I live on the west side of Fort Worth and work in the downtown area so any are is not far away.
Thanks
Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Rose Cutting

hi Mike,

I have a rose garden with about 50 roses, all different varieties. You are welcome to come and take any number of cuttings. Many are in bloom right now so you can see what you're getting. I live west of town in Springtown. If you're interested send me an e-mail and I'll give you my address and we'll set something up. Cheryl

o

Cheryl,
Thanks again for the cuttings and the pleasure of meeting the famous seamommy.

o

Mike, on your way home from Cheryl's in Springtown, you can swing on over toward Keller (I'm 3 mi. west) and I can supply you with a good variety also. Remember, when propagating roses, patented roses are protected for about 20 yrs. helpmefind.com\roses will help to ID the ones with patents.
But there are still enough to keep you busy for a LOOOONG time, believe me. BTW the Buck roses are not patented.
Weldon

o

Weldon, thanks for the information and the invitation, I will be glad to take you up on your offer this weekend. I spent last night working on the stack from Cheryl so I should be good to go by Saturday or Sunday, whatever is best for you.

Mike

o

Weldon, thanks for the reminder. I will do a little research and see which, if any, of my roses are still under patent. If so I will let Mike know so he can hide them from the rose police.

I thought you only ran into issues over patents if you tried to sell them. But Mike is propagating for his own enjoyment, so not sure how that shakes out, legally speaking, of course.

Cheryl

o

Mike, I work in downtown Fort Worth and live in west Fort Worth. My collection is made of rare antique roses not usually found in the U.S. Email me if you are interested.

o

If you haven't gotten them yet, I have two heirlooms...a Chestnut/Burr/Chinquapin Rose, and a Martha Gonzales Rose....if you ever get down to Austin.

o

Hi Mike, was just wondering if you were going to the Ft. Worth swap Nov.1St and if so are you bring some of your roses? I'm looking for a pink or white climber for the fence along my drive way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here