Salvia Black & Blue

pigeonberry

may have Dynamite crepe myrtle for special trade

Iris Indian Chief,

a historic iris with mauve standards & burgundy falls

iris mixed colors

can get if someone wants it:

white cemetary iris

I know there's more stuff out there, I just can't think of it unless I'm looking right at it!

Wants:

butterfly, bee, & hummingbird plants

hummingbird & bird feeders

garden "stuff" such as plant stands, work tables, pots larger than 1 gallon

good shovel & garden fork

(some people are hard on shoes, I'm hard on shovels & garden forks!)

Comments (87)

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Dang indeed, Darlene, I'm sorry you can't be in 2 places at once!

I'm probably about 25 miles from you, but I'll likely be in the Bristol area within about a week, so we can make the trade then.

Just let me know.

You can email me at sylviaboardwalk@aol.com if you wish.

• seamommy
    13 years ago

Revised List:

Light Blue Passion Vine
    Spring Blooming Violets
    Red Monarda
    Shasta Daisy Clumps
    Garden Pots and Seed Starting Flats

Distinctive and Memorable Garden Junque:
    Painted Flower Pots
    Glass Totems

Wants:
    Shade Blooming Perinnials
    Roses

Remember, Brenda brings the refreshments in exchange for plants, so bring her something nice!

I'll put out the signs at about 0900 for anyone who hasn't attended in the past. But if you want to get the best parking spot you gotta get there before ME!!! MWaahahahahah
    Cheryl

Cheryl

• seamommy
    13 years ago

Ruthz, I am interested in the luna moth ginger. Please look over my list and if there is anything you like for a trade let me know. Cheryl

• mikeb1206
    13 years ago

Not much on the list since I moved in July and things got a little crazy and mixed up moving plants into pots. It sure is hard to pack a yard in the middle of summer and move to a new place with no beds prepared.

Seeds I have to trade:
    Daffodil bulbs
    Texas Star Hibiscus (red)
    Iris (unknown color at this time)
    Rock Rose (light pink with a dark pink center)

Plants I have to trade:
    Gerber daisies
    Cast Iron Plant
    Amaryllis (red)
    Blue Agave (pups)
    Columbine seedlings (unknown color)
    Banana Tree
    Day Lilies (Tiger and unknown since they got all messed up in the move to a new house.)
    Red Hot Poker
    Rock Rose Seedlings (dark pink)

Plants I am looking for:
    Confederate Rose
    Day Lilies
    Hardy Hibiscus (Pink & White)
    Just about anything shade or sun.

• dirtmomma
    13 years ago

I have: 35 qt size Red Yucca plants (4th yr. from seed),
    Crinum (fall bloom), wood fern, med. ht. sedum, 1 gal starter Oakleaf hydrangea, Mexican Stonecrop sedum.

I want: Bamboo Muhly grass, Bamboo Muhly grass, Bamboo Muhly grass; society garlic, John Fanick phlox.

Did I mention Bamboo Muhly Grass??

Dorothy B.

• element321
    13 years ago

Revised list:

Haves:
    Nursery Pots. Most less than 5 gallons.
    - 6 Flats with 4in pots - great for seed and plant starting
    - 10 1 gallon pots
    - 10+ 1 inch pots

3 small Taros (elephant ears) Can be planted in the water or in a moist flower bed.

Adora Brug cuttings - very small about 1 ft cuttings. I could pot them this weekend if you want, they might even be rooted by then.

Trellis Pieces - I will only bring these if someone wants one. These range from almost a full sheet to ones that are 2 or 3 ft wide and about 4 ft tall. The smaller ones make great mini trellis' for container and new plant supports.

about 40lbs of homemade compost. Its nice and black.

A lot of seeds

Wants:
    House plants for low light.
    Turks Caps
    Hardy Hibiscus (reds and pinks)
    Blue Agave

• element321
    13 years ago

Mike,

I might be able to get you some Confederate rose cuttings for you. Call me or send me an email so we can talk more about it.

• seamommy
    13 years ago

Element, looks like I won't need those trellis after all, DH went out and bought new ones for me yesterday, sorry.
    I do have some hardy hibiscus, but they are yellow and orange, called Sunset. I'm bringing a few of them.

Dorothy, I have a grunch of society garlic for you.

I am looking for the plastic plant markers that come with plants that you buy from stores like Lowes, HD, Walmart, etc. I need the ones that have the pictures of the plants on them. Any size is OK, up to about 3". I'm doing an art project and could use any that you care to part with. If they are too old and brittle to cut with sissors I can't use them, but if they are only a year or two old, they will be fine. I will have a lot of miscellaneous small plants, pots and stuff to trade for them.

Mike B, I wasn't going to bring the orange daylilies, but I will dig them if you want that color. How many would you want? I only have about 4 gozillion...and one shovel.

Sylvia, I will have some special painted clay pots for you in trade for those roses. Is there anything in particular that you are looking for? Color themes are optional, otherwise I just paint what strikes my fancy at the time that I put the pot on the table.

Cheryl

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Cheryl, no color scheme in mind, but I do like greens & aquas & bright colors.

Mike, I can bring pigeonberry & Turk's cap, both shade-ish plants.

I like daffodils & iris, if you have enough.

• barefoot_in_texas
    13 years ago

Mike - could I please, please, pretty please get some Red Hot Poker from you? It has been on my wish list for a lonnnnng time.

• mikeb1206
    13 years ago

Bare Foot- I will bring you some poker.

Sylvia, I will bring you iris and dafs, got lots of both. I have turks cap but would be interested in pigeonberry.

Cheryl, orange is great as I love day lilies, I know you have explained a gozillion before but I don't have that much room so maybe 1/2 a gozillion. I have some of plant markers I will bring you.

• seamommy
    13 years ago

Daylilies it is, Mike.

Sylvia, I love aqua too. I brought in a big pot last night and was looking at it and thought, this one would look good in aqua!

Element, I would love an Adora brug cutting. I have a great houseplant that does very well in low light.
    Cheryl

• phyllisb2008
    13 years ago

Hey Everyone, Hope the swap goes good and the sun keeps shining for ya'll. I won't be attending this year because of foot surgery that will not heal.

Cheryl, If you send me an address I will send the Hollyhock seed I promised.

Brenda, I never did have any frogs this year first time ever but when Sylvia spotted the snake we figured they got ate. The snake met a fatal accident so maybe next Spring they'll be back.

I have seeds of Yellow an Pink 4 O'clocks,Cherry Cleome,Purple,pink White Larkspurs. for anyone who wants them. Just send me a address and what you would like.

Have fun!

• seamommy
    13 years ago

Brenda, I forgot that you wanted frogs. I have tadpoles and have a lot of little frogs too. I'll try to catch some frogs if I can, but I know I can catch the tadpoles so I'll bring you some if you would like them. Cheryl

• dcarpenter
    13 years ago

Okay! I just got word last night that the Mesquite Pee Wee Football League made a mistake! We didn't make it to the playoffs after all. I get to come to the swap!! Yeah!!

Okay, here's my wish list:

Element: I'm interested in one of your adora brugs and some of your trellis pieces for pots. See my list above and see if anything interests you.

Mike: I'm interested in your banana tree. Please see my list above and see if I can bring you anything from it.

RunningGardener: I'm interested in your hummingbird shrub, eve's neckalce, and cowpen daisies. What are you looking for? Please also see my list above.

Ruthz: I'm interested in your blue potato vine. Can I bring you something from my list?

Thanks!

Darlene

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yay, Darlene!

I'll bring you a Cashmere Bouquet for St John's Wort!

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

just a reminder...

Please read the other threads about rules & etiquette.

We want everyone to have a good time, & we do *not* want anyone to be taken advantage of.

If your trading partner does not bring you what you thought you were getting or does not bring you anything at all (we've had trouble in the past with claims of total gadren failure by the same person for several swaps in a row), you do *not* have to hand over your nice plants.

You can say sorry, no thanks.

If the person wanted to be fair, he/she would let you know in advance & offer you an alternative, such as brownies or flower pots or tools.

• seamommy
    13 years ago

The key word here is brownies - I'm pretty sure Sylvia will trade you her car for a pan of them, and maybe some good coffee to go with it. And come to think of it, I'm quite fond of brownies myself.

I'm really looking forward to this swap. I will actually have more painted pots than I was expecting to have. Should have at least one for everyone in attendance. I will also be bringing more plants than I thought I would have.

Mike, I thinned my daylilies yesterday and filled a half-bushel basket for you. You may not want that many so I'll bring some grocery sacks so you can pick out the ones you want. I actually only thinned one 12' flower bed but they were very thick. You're gonna want to plant them about 1' apart.

Need to start thinking about a door prize too. Remember you have to bring one if you wanna get one. I've noticed that the quality of prizes has gotten better each year. First couple years there were some dusty old macrame yarn plant hangers and embroidered owl pictures. Last year there were some really nice goody bags with balms, soaps, gloves, garden totes and small garden hand tools.

Cheryl

• dcarpenter
    13 years ago

Thank you, Sylvia! Cheryl, I'm interested in your red monarda and shasta daisies. Is there anything from my list above that interests you. If not, I might can dig up some noid variegated ginger for you for shade. Just let me know. Thanks!

• sigrid_r
    13 years ago

I'm a new gardener and don't have a lot to trade. So I will be bringing:

Brownies
    Purple Wandering Jew
    Lavender Iris

• element321
    13 years ago

dcarpenter -
    I can get a couple of brugs for you. They will be less than 2 feet long w/o a branching. Its about to blush again :) I will cut them and put them in water tomorrow. As for the green running elephant ears. Are those the greens one that are sometimes called taros? What size trellis pieces are you looking for? I would like to trade for the Rock Rose...

Seamommy -
    Thats great the whole ones might do better for you. As for the hardy Hibiscus sunsets, sound like a great plant. Are they plants, cuttings or seeds?I can trade those for the brugs. How many are you wanting?

• dirtmomma
    13 years ago

Cheryl - I'll bring you plant markers (or ?? from my list) in exchange for the society garlic you mentioned.

Have had no other responses to my "have" list - so will just bring a variety for "on site" trades.

Brenda - did you see anything on my list you want??

Dorothy B.

• mikeb1206
    13 years ago

welcome Sigrid_r,
    Look over my list and see if there is anything I can trade you for some brownies, I love brownies.

Darlene I got the banana tree for you, got my eye on the Green Runners or the salvia volcano.

Does anybody have any Tall Blue Mealy Sage? Mine passed away during the move.

• seamommy
    13 years ago

Here are the trades that I would like to have, if everyone approves/agrees/concurs:

MikeB - Orange Daylilies for Gerbera Daisies

Dirtmomma(Dorothy) - Society Garlic and ??? for Crinum

Element - Hardy Hibiscus and Houseplant for Adora Brug and Confederate Rose cuttings

DCarpenter(Darlene) - Monarda and Shasta Daisies for NOID Variegated Ginger

Sylvia - Painted Pots and Plant Stand for Roses and maybe a tiny sprig of Apple Mint too please? (BTW, you got me confused with Dirtmomma about the Oak Leaf Hydrangea, but if she already promised it to someone else, I will gladly bring you some cuttings)

Brenda - Tadpoles

Armbarangel - Hardy Hibiscus for Baby Century Plant

RuthZ - ??? for Luna Moth Ginger

My Revised List is:

Light Blue Passion Vine
    Spring Blooming Violets
    Red Monarda
    Shasta Daisy Clumps
    Hardy Hibiscus
    Painted Flower Pots (terra cotta)
    Glass Garden Totems (For a sunny location)

I won't have any seeds this time.

Cheryl

• barefoot_in_texas
    13 years ago

So far only 5 people have posted on the head count thread. If you haven't done so already, please post to let me know who is coming and how many in your party. Chery - I would love to have tadpoles.

ruthz - if you have enough japanese morning glory seeds, I would like to have some in exchange for lunch.

Anybody I haven't agreed to a swap with yet, I'll probably just wait till the swap. I have trouble keeping up with the posts sometimes. Guess I'm gettin senile in my old age.

Sylvia - Ruben wants some choclate mint. Silly man loves that stuff.

• dcarpenter
    13 years ago

Element, the brug cuttings sound good to me. I will also bring you the rock rose. Not sure about the green runner elephant ears. I just know they get huge and run like crazy! I need some trellis pieces for vines that I have growing in pots, so whatever size you think would be okay. I'm not picky.

Mike, green runner elephant ears and salvia volcano it is! Thanks.

Seamommy, I'll dig the ginger tonight and see how it goes. It's so pretty.

Thanks.

I also have the following to add to my list:

variegated morning glories
    sunchokes
    umbrella palm
    green perilla
    purple perilla
    horsetail rush
    lemon balm
    variegated carex (I think that's what it is)

• sigrid_r
    13 years ago

Mike,
    I would like to try the red hot poker (that sounds kinda naughty). I would also like some day lilies. How many brownies can you eat??

Everyone else,
    I guess I fibbed about my purple wandering jew. I started them several weeks ago but only two of them actually have rooted. I borrowed them from a neighbor and I'm sure if I went back I could get some if anyone would like.

I'm still good for brownies and Lavender Iris'. I also have two tiny red buds. When I say tiny I mean they are about 3 inches tall.

• seamommy
    13 years ago

I have a couple of 6' Texas native redbud trees that DH wants to move or cut down. Not sure if we could dig them out but if we can I will bring them. Cheryl

• running_gardener
    13 years ago

dcarpenter, I didn't get the cowpen daisies transplanted before they got too big. I do have lots of cowpen daisy seeds. I will bring the hummingbird shrub and Eve's necklace for you. The Eve's necklace is 2 years old and is still very small.

At this moment, I have no specific wants other than something that doesn't need a lot of TLC and can handle the heat.

I also have some creeping phlox (blue), a native phlox that blooms in the spring - common name bouncing Betty and a guara. If anyone is interested I have some compass plant and liatrus seeds along with a few West Texas yellowbell seeds.

If I can summon the strength, I can separate a couple of forsythia volunteers from the mother shrub if anyone wants them.

• dcarpenter
    13 years ago

Running Gardner: Cowpen daisy seeds will be just fine. Everything on my list doesn't require a lot of TLC and can handle the heat. Just pick whatever you like. I think I would also like to try some of your compass plant seeds. Thanks!

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Dorothy, please look over my list & let me know what I can bring you for a red yucca if you have enough.

Sigrid, I'd love some brownies! & lavender iris if you have enough. Please let me know what I can bring you.

Armbarangel, if you have enough century plant, please let me know what I can bring you.

Pre-Trade list, please let me know if I've forgotten anyone or anything (I always do):

to Cheryl:
    5 roses
    apple mint
    From Cheryl:
    pots & maybe plant stands
    oakleaf hydrangea cuttings

to Brenda:
    Cashmere Bouquet
    chocolate mint

to Darlene:
    Cashmere Bouquet
    mints
    from Darlene:
    St John's Wort

to Running Gardener
    4 o'clocks
    things that can handle the heat
    from Running Gardener
    I'm going to bring a lot of heat-tolerant plants;
    if you can use any or all of them & if you still have Eve's necklace bay tree, & boneset, I'd love to try any or all of those.

to Mike:
    pigeonberry
    from Mike:
    iris & daffodils

to Sigrid
    Please let me know what I can bring you.
    from Sigrid
    brownies!
    lavender iris
    if you have enough & if you can use any of the plants I have.

Dorothy, I'd love red yucca, please let me know if I have plants that you'd like in exchange.

armbangel, I'd love century plant, can bring salvia Black & Blue or a light red or hot pink salvia greggii if you want.

Here's my updated "have" list:

lemon mint
    apple mint
    peppermint
    spearmint
    4 o'clocks
    tall purple Mexican petunias
    wandering Jew
    iris Indian Chief (a historic with mauve standards & burgundy falls)
    phlox, don't know its name, orchid flowers, spreading habit
    tall white yarrow
    Louisiana artemesia
    Golden rain tree
    Turk's cap
    soapwort

• seamommy
    13 years ago

My new revised list is
    Purple Heart, 12 3" pots rooted, I forgot I had these
    Light Blue Passion Vine, rooted young plants, not cuttings
    Spring Blooming Violets, divisions
    Red Monarda, plants not cuttings
    Shasta Daisy, divisions
    Hardy Hibiscus, young plants not cuttings
    Painted Flower Pots (terra cotta)
    Glass Garden Totems (For a sunny location)

Cheryl

• ruthz
    13 years ago

seamommy, do you still have society garlic
    for Luna Moth ginger

dcarpenter, do you have enough variegated ginger
    for blue potato vine

barefoot in tx, Will bring a few different kinds of Japanese Morning glory seeds for lunch

dirtmomma, can I bring you something for your 1 gal starter Oakleaf Hydrangea

running gardner, is your hummingbird shrub Hamelia Patens?
    If so, I would like it if I have something you want

Sylviatexas, I'd like Black & Blue salvia if you have enough and I have something you'd like

mike1206, I have Congederate Rose cutting if you still need them. Blooms white then turns pink.

Updated Have list

Asarina 'Bridal Bouquet'
    Gold Tropicana canna
    Tropicana canna
    Variegated Duranta (1 potted)
    Purple Flash pepper (1 potted)
    Black Pearl Pepper (1 potted & smaller seedlings)
    Japanese Morning Glory seeds (check with me on names)
    Cuttings
    Some type of Joseph's Coat I think (2 cuttings)
    Coleus Peter Wonder (2 cuttings)
    Coleus Alabama Sunset
    Confederate Rose -Double white turns pink

I'm looking for:

Daylilies NAMED only - 5" or larger (not solid yellew)
    Phlox - John Fannick or Victoria
    Rangoon Creeper vine
    Queens Wreath vine
    Hamelia Patens (prefer variegated)
    Shrimp plant red variegated or green
    or check my want list

• dcarpenter
    13 years ago

Hi Ruthz. I can certainly bring you some variegated ginger. I dug up two last night. I'm also interested in one of your Coleus Peter's Wonder cuttings. Can I bring you something else from my list?

• ruthz
    13 years ago

Does anyone have Japanese Aralia (Fatsia japonica)?
    I'd like to try cuttings or seeds.
    I bought a good sized one in spring but lost it in July.

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ruth, I'm sure I have more Salvia Black & Blue;
    I'd love to have Tropicana Canna!

• running_gardener
    13 years ago

Seamommy, my hummingbird shrubs are Flame Acanthus.

Sylvia, I'll bring the small bay tree and boneset for you. If you have a spare pigeonberry, I'd love one.

• ruthz
    13 years ago

I tried to find a name for the Joseph's Coat cuttings.
    It's possibly Pink Splash Joseph's Coat Alternanthera species

• dirtmomma
    13 years ago

updated list

Cheryl - 3) 2 ltr. crinum & plant markers for you - society garlic for me

Ruthz - I'll bring the 1 gal oakleaf hydrangea - don't see anything on your list - we'll work out something Sat.

Sylvia - I have THIRTY-FIVE (qt sz) healthy red yucca plants - I had hoped to find a trade for bamboo muhly grass - how many are you interested in?

I'll check back on this site late Thursday.

Dorothy B.

• ruthz
    13 years ago

dirtmomma, if you can trade the oakleaf hydrangea for something you want, please don't hold it for me.
    I probably won't bring much other than pre-trades, unless it's already potted.

• element321
    13 years ago

dcarpenter -
    I will bring what I can for the Trellis and brugs. Okay I think we may have the same stuff. I am trying to get rid a couple of that I potted up over the summer. Are you in an SUV or a Truck?

Cheryl -
    I went out and checked on the Confederate Rose and none of the plant's branches are ready to be used as cuttings. To small and thin. If you want to try I could cut some, but I doubt they will take root. I am hoping to to get more cuttings from the original Plant in Nov. If it hasn't died back from Winter Frost. Check back with me in the Spring... Sorry about that.

So it looks like will only be trading the brug cutting for the Hardy Hibiscus.

• ruthz
    13 years ago

I just went outside and dug/potted a few things if they survive:

ajuga (2)
    tall bearded iris (3 small)
    lavender grape scented bearded iris (1 small)
    baby 4:00's probably light orange (2)
    Ming Toy daylily (1)

If requested, I can dig or repot

NOID pink Brugmansia (1)
    NOID yellow daylily (1)
    NOID yellow/red daylily (1)
    Lady in Red savia

• seamommy
    13 years ago

OK, here's my revised trades list:
    MikeB - Orange Daylilies for Gerbera Daisies
    Dorothy - Society Garlic for Crinum
    Element - Hardy Hibiscus for Adora Brug
    Darlene - Monarda&Shasta Daisies for Variegated Ginger
    Sylvia - PPs, OLHCs and PS for Rs and AM
    Brenda - Tadpoles for lunch (sounds yummy)
    Armbarangel - Hardy Hibiscus for Baby Century Plant
    RuthZ - Society Garlic for Luna Moth Ginger

Also, Ruth, if you have a spare confederate rose cutting I would love to have one. I can bring you some pretty painted flower pots or another type of plant in trade for it. Cheryl

• dcarpenter
    13 years ago

Element, I drive a truck.

• mikeb1206
    13 years ago

Here is what I have:
    Seamommy - Gerber Daisies for Day lilies
    Sylvia - Daf and Irises for Pigeon Berry
    Bare Foot - Red hot Poker for lunch
    Darlene - Banana Tree for Salvia Volcano and running elephant ears
    Sigrid_r - Brownies for a Red Hot Poke

Ruthz I can bring you a named day lily for some confederate Rose Cuttings.

I sure I will have tons of other things, just got to get after it tonight and get it all together.

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Dorothy, I don't have the bamboo muhly grass, BUT...
    I just got a whole bunch of some kind of ornamental grass that grows to about 3' or maybe 4'.

• ruthz
    13 years ago

My updated list

seamommy - society garlic & a plant or painted pot for Luna Moth Ginger & Conf. Rose cutting

dcarpenter - variegated ginger & ?? (anything is fine) for blue potato vine & Peter Wonder coleus cutting

barefoot in tx - Lunch for various Japanese Morning glory seeds

dirtmomma - 1 gal starter Oakleaf Hydrangea for ??

Sylviatexas - Black & Blue salvia for Tropicana canna

mike1206, - named daylily for Congederate Rose cutting

Please let me know if I missed anything or if there are any other requests

• dcarpenter
    13 years ago

Here is what I have:

Mike B - green runner elephant ears and salvia for banana tree

Seamommy - variegated ginger for shasta daisy and monarda

Element - rock rose and ??? for trellis pieces and brug cutting

Sylvia - St. John's Wort and ???? for cashmere bouquet cuttings and mint

Ruthz - variegated ginger and ???? for blue potatoe vine and coleus cuttings

Running Gardner - ????? for cowpen daisy seeds, eve's necklace, and hummingbird shrub

Barefoot - I'll see you bright and early and you can have first pick from my table!!

Did I miss anyone? Looking forward to tomorrow.

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Darlene, I'd love elephant ear if you still have some (or one).

Here's my list that I hope is correct;
    if not, please let me know.

for cheryl 5 roses & an apple mint
    from cheryl pots & maybe a hydrangea or cutting

for brenda cashmere bouquet & chocolate mint

for armbarangel I found a hot pink salvia greggi.
    from armbarangel century plants

for darlene, cashmere bouquet & mints
    from darlene st john's wort & elephant ear if you have enough

for ruth salvia black & blue
    from ruth cannas

for running gardener 4 o'clocks & pigeonberry
    from running gardener bay tree & boneset

for mike pigeonberry
    from mike daffs & iris

for dorothy ornamental grass
    from dorothy red yucca

for sigrid?
    from sigrid brownies & lavender iris

for butterflyfan 4 o'clocks, apple mint, turk's cap, salvia B&B
    from butterflyfan frogfruit, fennel, passionflower, rue

I hit the jackpot on ornamental grasses & will bring some of those as well as the phlox, Indian Chief irises, lemon mint, peppermint, apple mint, & miscellaneous stuff.

will bring a "prize", hope we have enough participation!

(but if we don't, I got stuff I like!)

Get your plants watered & sorted & go to bed early tonight so you'll be bright-eyed tomorrow, & remember your Sharpies, notepads, & your little red wagon if you have one!

• sigrid_r
    13 years ago

Hi Sylvia,
    Do you have enough Indian Chief and Turks Cap that I could have some?

Seamommy,
    Could I interest you in some brownies or lavender Iris'? I would like to take some of your gozillion day lilies.

Or maybe some pumpkin muffins?