Salvia Black & Blue

pigeonberry

may have Dynamite crepe myrtle for special trade

Iris Indian Chief,
a historic iris with mauve standards & burgundy falls

iris mixed colors

can get if someone wants it:
white cemetary iris

I know there's more stuff out there, I just can't think of it unless I'm looking right at it!

Wants:

butterfly, bee, & hummingbird plants

hummingbird & bird feeders

garden "stuff" such as plant stands, work tables, pots larger than 1 gallon

good shovel & garden fork

(some people are hard on shoes, I'm hard on shovels & garden forks!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Post 'Em Here: Your Haves & Wants for Ft Worth Autumn

I'll have:

Light Blue Passion Vine
Orange Daylilies
Spring Blooming Violets
Red Monarda
Redbud Seedlings(possibly)
Shasta Daisy Clumps
Inland Sea Oats
Garden Pots and Seed Starting Flats
Distinctive and Memorable Garden Junque:
Painted Flower Pots
Glass Totems
Seed Envelopes

Wants:
Shade Blooming Perinnials

Cheryl

o

Hey there, Cheryl, I was wondering if I was the only one here!

I can bring you some Turk's cap, Cashmere Bouquet, & pigeonberry if you like;
they all do well in bright shade.

I can use a couple of flower pots for the things I was supposed to have had in clay pots all these years.

o

I should be back this year, just trying to see what I have left after a move in July.

I sure wish you could edit the post on here so I could add things to the list as I collect them.

Mike

o

I usually walk around & make a list & post that, & then if I need to add or subtract I do it on the forum.

Then a few days before the swap, I either post what I have written down for haves & wants & pre-trades, or I email each trader.

but...
you can go to your member page & edit, & on the forum just post a link to the member page.

o
Here's my exchange page

good thing you mentioned it;

I hadn't looked at it in ages!

Here is a link that might be useful: sylvia's exchange page

o

I'll have:
Light Blue Passion Vine
Orange Daylilies
Spring Blooming Violets
Red Monarda
Redbud Seedlings(possibly)
Shasta Daisy Clumps
Inland Sea Oats
Painted Flower Pots
Glass Totems
Seed Envelopes
Society Garlic

Wants:

Actually Syl, I have plenty of turks cap and cashmere bouquet. Not sure what pidgeon berry is, I'll have to google it. Also I'm going to need some roses, if you have any rooted cuttings that would be fine. I have had NO luck (as in zero, zilch, zip, nada) rooting cuttings.

I'll be sure to bring some good sized painted clay pots, I won't have very many this time though.

Mike I'm really glad you're going to be able to join us again.

Cheryl

o

Cheryl,
No luck with the roses? I thought you were the rose queen. I will get with you on my hush hush way of rooting the little thorney beast so get some getting ready and I will get the other stuff to you in a day or so.

Thanks for the welcome back.
Mike

o
Haves & Wants for Ft Worth Autumn Swap

Cheryl, I know I have white Lady Banks, Martha Gonzales, & Betty Prior, & I'll look to see what else is out there that hasn't lost its label!

o

OK, well, maybe I'm just the queen of store-bought, and catalog-purchased, already rooted and growing roses. My mother and grandmother could both root roses, but for some reason I have had no luck with them. I can root lots of other things. And I tried the rock-wool-in-the-dark-with-the-water-spritzer-and-gel-rooting-medium way and got a lot of dead sticks. It was so depressing I cried myself to sleep for a week, but that didn't help so I switched to a daily dose of chocolate and 10 mg of Lexapro and that works much better. hehe

o

Cheryl, I'm intrigued:

please give detailed instructions on how to root roses with chocolate & Lexapro.

snork!

found a Mrs B R Cant.

o
Cheryl, I have rooted cuttings from last fall/winter

They're small due to the extremely cold winter & the extremely hot & dry summer, but they did root:

White Lady Banks
Demitasse
Martha Gonzales
Betty Prior
Mrs B R Cant

o

Well, those sound lovely, I'd like to have them all. I'll bring you some painted pots, I might have a plant stand or something else you need. I also go though digging forks like a kid goes through tennis shoes. I'm really hard on gloves too, especially the right ones. I have a pile of gently used left gloves. Guess I ought to bring them in case we have a southpaw who could use them. Need any society garlic? Do you like Glass garden totems? I have a few that I recently made.

And here's how that lexapro and chocolate works: you take the lexapro and it makes you happy, then you eat the chocolate and you don't care if the roses don't root. You just take more lexapro and eat more chocolate. And buy bigger pants.

o

Sylvia - I need Cashmere Bouquet. I had my baby ones in pots and they froze over the winter.

o

You got it, girl!

o

Hey guys, we did a lot of garden clean up this year and are starting over. Since we are planning to move in the next year or so, we are wanting to cut down on supplies and plants. I have a lot of pots and compost that I need to give away or trade to people who could really use it.

Haves - This weekend I am going through everything and should have a better list next week...

Nursery Pots of various sizes all less than 5 gallons.

Flats with 4 inch pots.

Lots of 4 inch pots.

Trellis Scraps of shades and sizes.

Homemade compost almost ready to use. needs to site in the compost pile and cook for a few more months to sterilize any seeds that may have gotten into the compost. about 40 lbs I think.

Wants
House plants for low light
Turks caps
Hardy Hibiscus (reds and pinks)

o

Element, please do not bring trellis scraps or other trash.

o

Sylvia,
I wasn't planning on it unless someone wants some. Some of them are actually pretty large and can be used in a Container garden. Only reason I mentioned it on my list is because, someone took some from my scrap pile last month. As for trash, I wouldn't dream of bringing any...

o
Ft Worth Autumn Swap Date

Is the Autumn Swap already over? If not, when and where? I never seem to find the link to the calander. Thanks!

o

It's coming up on 30 October, just 3 weeks away. Time to starte getting ready.

Element, how large are the trellis pieces? I have some small turks caps, and might be interested in some bits of trellis if they're still sound.

Cheryl

o

Cheryl (seamommy) they are all sizes, they range from almost a full sheet down to two feet wide by four feet wide. If you can give an average size you want, I will go out this weekend pull them out and see if I have something close to what you want.

If I have something you want, then trading for the turkscap(s) will be great...

o

Is this an open event? If so, where and what time? I'm busy that morning, but free later on.

I have lots of Century Plant babies. My mama century plant is very prolific. I just bought a new house and can't identify a lot of the plants here, but might be interested in giving some of them away. I also have a groundcover at the old house that I'd provide to anyone interested, but not sure what it is.

I really like variegated plants as long as they don't contain yellow, different varieties of Sage shrubs, hostas, hydrangea, and hardy hibiscus. My most recent favorite is pyracantha.

o

Welcome, armbarangel!

The FW Swap is something of an institution here;
I think we've been meeting every spring & autumn for maybe 5 or so years.

There are several other threads on this page that spell out details such as location & directions, suggestions & hints, etc.

I'd love to have some century plants, will be happy to bring you anything on my list that you'd like.

o

I also have some hybiscus, Red Texas Star and another that I think is called Sunset. Texas Star is hardy and the Sunset re-seeds itself every year. They both do equally well in sun or shade.

Armbarangel, if you bring some cuttings or good clear photos of the plants you can't identify we might be able to help you figure out what they are.

Cheryl

o

Okay, here is my pitiful list. Hopefully, I can add to it as I see what else is growing wild in the yard:

St. John's Wort
Green Runner Elephant Ears
Ajuga (purple)
Jewels of Opar
Salvia Volcano
Castor Bean (red)
Sedum - Balticum
Opuntia Pads
Inland Sea Oats
Night-Blooming Cereus cuttings (white)
Rock Rose
Lion's Tail
Chives

Assorted nursery pots

Darlene

o

Darlene, is St John's Wort hard to grow?

I tried it once & failed, but I do love that plant & would like to have some if I can grow it.

Please see what I can bring you!

o

Hi Sylvia ~

Actually, I dug up most of my St. John's Wort and took it to one of the swaps about two years ago. I was hoping to have gotten rid of all of it, but it seems that didn't happen. I will be happy to bring you some. I'll dig it this weekend, so it may look a little puny on the 30th, but it should spring back to life.

I would like some of your cashmere bouquet if you have extra. If not, any of your mints would be fine. Thanks.

Darlene

o

I was thinking of bringing some painted pots:
Flag and Grapes
Orchids and Pansies
Photobucket

That is, if anyone is interested in them. I like them, but don't want to try to pawn off any junk on anyone. the pots are not new, most have been extensively used, and then just painted. cheryl

o
Haves & Wants

• Posted by ruthz 8a D/FW TX (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 15, 10 at 12:48

I can bring any of the following:

Asarina 'Bridal Bouquet'
Cestrum nocturnum 'Night Jessamine'
Solanum Seaforthianum ‘Blue Potato Vine’
Vigna Caracalla ‘Corkscrew Vine’
Mystic spires salvia
Gold Tropicana canna
Tropicana canna
'Luna Moth' ginger
Variegated Duranta
Purple Flash pepper
Black Pearl Pepper
Japanese Morning Glory seeds (check with me on names)

I'm looking for:

Daylilies NAMED only - 5" or larger (not solid yellows)
rooted Belinda's Dream rose
Rangoon Creeper vine
Queens Wreath vine
Hamelia Patens (prefer variegated)
Shrimp plant red variegated
Varigated Turks Cap

o

Glad to see more people posting. Hoping we have a good turn out. Sylvia - are we going to do a door prize drawing? Darlene - glad to see you're coming!

o

oops, forgot about the prizes.

will make post.

thanks!

o

I'm almost through converting my lawn to a 95% native trees, shrubs and plants yard and was excited to learn about your group.

These are my autumn offerings:

hummingbird shrub
Eve's necklace (1)
stawberry fields
lyre leaf sage
frost weed
boneset
gulf coast penstemmon
cowpen daisies
bay tree (approx 2' tall)

I have several unidentified plants given to me by the birds and will wait to see if they come back next year.

o

Welcome, running gardener!

What kind of things are you looking for?

If you don't see anything on my list above that you like, I can bring blue mist flower, which takes full sun & is a genuine butterfly magnet.

o
Cheryl, if you have enough of that oakleaf hydrangea...

If you have enough oakleaf hydrangea, I'd like a couple of small ones, or cuttings, or whatever.

When my co-worker Jane & I went on a garden tour last spring, we both were smitten with oakleaf hydrangea.

o

I will come!

I am also looking for dwarf mondo grass.

I also have holly, but not sure what type.

o

Sylvia,

If you have the mauvy pink 4 o'clocks, I'd like some of those. I have a blue mist plant. I'm looking for flowers and/or shrubs that can tolerate the miserable summer we just experienced.

What is the location and time for the event on 10/30? I'm running a 5K in the Trinity Park area and hope to be leave there by 10:00 am.

o

Do I have 4 o'clocks, snicker.

I am the *Queen* of mauvy pink 4 o'clocks!

We'll be at the pavilion in front of the zoo;

Go south on University to the entrance to the zoo, seems like it's Colonial, but there's a post on here somewhere with exact directions.

Turn east (left) & follow the trail around a few curves.

We're at the back of the parking lot in front of the ball fields on the right.

Creative artist Cheryl always posts her very nice Plant Swap sign where you need to turn in to the parking lot.

o

Dang it! I just found out yesterday that my son's pee wee flag football team made it to the playoffs. Not sure how that happened, being they only won 2 games! So, I'm going to have to back out of the swap. That's the same reason I didn't make it last year. I was so sure his last game was the 23rd! He's going to be disappointed too. Sylvia, I have already dug the St. John's Wort. Do you live anywhere near me? I live in the Mesquite/Pleasant Grove area? If so, would you be up for an in-person trade? If not, I would be happy to mail some St. John's Wort to you.
If his first playoff game is in the afternoon, I might be able to make it early morning. I'll just have to wait and see the schedule. I'm so disappointed.

Darlene

o

Dang indeed, Darlene, I'm sorry you can't be in 2 places at once!

I'm probably about 25 miles from you, but I'll likely be in the Bristol area within about a week, so we can make the trade then.

Just let me know.

You can email me at sylviaboardwalk@aol.com if you wish.

o

Revised List:

Light Blue Passion Vine
Spring Blooming Violets
Red Monarda
Shasta Daisy Clumps

Painted Flower Pots
Glass Totems

Wants:
Roses

Remember, Brenda brings the refreshments in exchange for plants, so bring her something nice!

I'll put out the signs at about 0900 for anyone who hasn't attended in the past. But if you want to get the best parking spot you gotta get there before ME!!! MWaahahahahah
Cheryl

Cheryl

o

Ruthz, I am interested in the luna moth ginger. Please look over my list and if there is anything you like for a trade let me know. Cheryl

o

Not much on the list since I moved in July and things got a little crazy and mixed up moving plants into pots. It sure is hard to pack a yard in the middle of summer and move to a new place with no beds prepared.

Seeds I have to trade:
Daffodil bulbs
Texas Star Hibiscus (red)
Iris (unknown color at this time)
Rock Rose (light pink with a dark pink center)

Plants I have to trade:
Gerber daisies
Cast Iron Plant
Amaryllis (red)
Blue Agave (pups)
Columbine seedlings (unknown color)
Banana Tree
Day Lilies (Tiger and unknown since they got all messed up in the move to a new house.)
Red Hot Poker
Rock Rose Seedlings (dark pink)

Plants I am looking for:
Confederate Rose
Day Lilies
Hardy Hibiscus (Pink & White)
Just about anything shade or sun.

o

I have: 35 qt size Red Yucca plants (4th yr. from seed),
Crinum (fall bloom), wood fern, med. ht. sedum, 1 gal starter Oakleaf hydrangea, Mexican Stonecrop sedum.

I want: Bamboo Muhly grass, Bamboo Muhly grass, Bamboo Muhly grass; society garlic, John Fanick phlox.

Did I mention Bamboo Muhly Grass??

Dorothy B.

o

Revised list:

Haves:
Nursery Pots. Most less than 5 gallons.
- 6 Flats with 4in pots - great for seed and plant starting
- 10 1 gallon pots
- 10+ 1 inch pots

3 small Taros (elephant ears) Can be planted in the water or in a moist flower bed.

Adora Brug cuttings - very small about 1 ft cuttings. I could pot them this weekend if you want, they might even be rooted by then.

Trellis Pieces - I will only bring these if someone wants one. These range from almost a full sheet to ones that are 2 or 3 ft wide and about 4 ft tall. The smaller ones make great mini trellis' for container and new plant supports.

about 40lbs of homemade compost. Its nice and black.

A lot of seeds

Wants:
House plants for low light.
Turks Caps
Hardy Hibiscus (reds and pinks)
Blue Agave

o
Mike - Confederate Roses

Mike,

I might be able to get you some Confederate rose cuttings for you. Call me or send me an email so we can talk more about it.

o

Element, looks like I won't need those trellis after all, DH went out and bought new ones for me yesterday, sorry.
I do have some hardy hibiscus, but they are yellow and orange, called Sunset. I'm bringing a few of them.

Dorothy, I have a grunch of society garlic for you.

I am looking for the plastic plant markers that come with plants that you buy from stores like Lowes, HD, Walmart, etc. I need the ones that have the pictures of the plants on them. Any size is OK, up to about 3". I'm doing an art project and could use any that you care to part with. If they are too old and brittle to cut with sissors I can't use them, but if they are only a year or two old, they will be fine. I will have a lot of miscellaneous small plants, pots and stuff to trade for them.

Mike B, I wasn't going to bring the orange daylilies, but I will dig them if you want that color. How many would you want? I only have about 4 gozillion...and one shovel.

Sylvia, I will have some special painted clay pots for you in trade for those roses. Is there anything in particular that you are looking for? Color themes are optional, otherwise I just paint what strikes my fancy at the time that I put the pot on the table.

Cheryl

o

Cheryl, no color scheme in mind, but I do like greens & aquas & bright colors.

Mike, I can bring pigeonberry & Turk's cap, both shade-ish plants.

I like daffodils & iris, if you have enough.

o

Mike - could I please, please, pretty please get some Red Hot Poker from you? It has been on my wish list for a lonnnnng time.

o

Bare Foot- I will bring you some poker.

Sylvia, I will bring you iris and dafs, got lots of both. I have turks cap but would be interested in pigeonberry.

Cheryl, orange is great as I love day lilies, I know you have explained a gozillion before but I don't have that much room so maybe 1/2 a gozillion. I have some of plant markers I will bring you.

o

Daylilies it is, Mike.

Sylvia, I love aqua too. I brought in a big pot last night and was looking at it and thought, this one would look good in aqua!

Element, I would love an Adora brug cutting. I have a great houseplant that does very well in low light.
Cheryl

o

Hey Everyone, Hope the swap goes good and the sun keeps shining for ya'll. I won't be attending this year because of foot surgery that will not heal.

Cheryl, If you send me an address I will send the Hollyhock seed I promised.

Brenda, I never did have any frogs this year first time ever but when Sylvia spotted the snake we figured they got ate. The snake met a fatal accident so maybe next Spring they'll be back.

I have seeds of Yellow an Pink 4 O'clocks,Cherry Cleome,Purple,pink White Larkspurs. for anyone who wants them. Just send me a address and what you would like.

Have fun!

o

Brenda, I forgot that you wanted frogs. I have tadpoles and have a lot of little frogs too. I'll try to catch some frogs if I can, but I know I can catch the tadpoles so I'll bring you some if you would like them. Cheryl

o

Okay! I just got word last night that the Mesquite Pee Wee Football League made a mistake! We didn't make it to the playoffs after all. I get to come to the swap!! Yeah!!

Okay, here's my wish list:

Element: I'm interested in one of your adora brugs and some of your trellis pieces for pots. See my list above and see if anything interests you.

Mike: I'm interested in your banana tree. Please see my list above and see if I can bring you anything from it.

RunningGardener: I'm interested in your hummingbird shrub, eve's neckalce, and cowpen daisies. What are you looking for? Please also see my list above.

Ruthz: I'm interested in your blue potato vine. Can I bring you something from my list?

Thanks!

Darlene

o

Yay, Darlene!

I'll bring you a Cashmere Bouquet for St John's Wort!

o
Reminder

just a reminder...

Please read the other threads about rules & etiquette.

We want everyone to have a good time, & we do *not* want anyone to be taken advantage of.

If your trading partner does not bring you what you thought you were getting or does not bring you anything at all (we've had trouble in the past with claims of total gadren failure by the same person for several swaps in a row), you do *not* have to hand over your nice plants.

You can say sorry, no thanks.

If the person wanted to be fair, he/she would let you know in advance & offer you an alternative, such as brownies or flower pots or tools.

o

The key word here is brownies - I'm pretty sure Sylvia will trade you her car for a pan of them, and maybe some good coffee to go with it. And come to think of it, I'm quite fond of brownies myself.

I'm really looking forward to this swap. I will actually have more painted pots than I was expecting to have. Should have at least one for everyone in attendance. I will also be bringing more plants than I thought I would have.

Mike, I thinned my daylilies yesterday and filled a half-bushel basket for you. You may not want that many so I'll bring some grocery sacks so you can pick out the ones you want. I actually only thinned one 12' flower bed but they were very thick. You're gonna want to plant them about 1' apart.

Need to start thinking about a door prize too. Remember you have to bring one if you wanna get one. I've noticed that the quality of prizes has gotten better each year. First couple years there were some dusty old macrame yarn plant hangers and embroidered owl pictures. Last year there were some really nice goody bags with balms, soaps, gloves, garden totes and small garden hand tools.

Cheryl

o

Thank you, Sylvia! Cheryl, I'm interested in your red monarda and shasta daisies. Is there anything from my list above that interests you. If not, I might can dig up some noid variegated ginger for you for shade. Just let me know. Thanks!

o

I'm a new gardener and don't have a lot to trade. So I will be bringing:

Brownies
Purple Wandering Jew
Lavender Iris

o

dcarpenter -
I can get a couple of brugs for you. They will be less than 2 feet long w/o a branching. Its about to blush again :) I will cut them and put them in water tomorrow. As for the green running elephant ears. Are those the greens one that are sometimes called taros? What size trellis pieces are you looking for? I would like to trade for the Rock Rose...

Seamommy -
Thats great the whole ones might do better for you. As for the hardy Hibiscus sunsets, sound like a great plant. Are they plants, cuttings or seeds?I can trade those for the brugs. How many are you wanting?

o

Cheryl - I'll bring you plant markers (or ?? from my list) in exchange for the society garlic you mentioned.

Have had no other responses to my "have" list - so will just bring a variety for "on site" trades.

Brenda - did you see anything on my list you want??

Dorothy B.

o

welcome Sigrid_r,
Look over my list and see if there is anything I can trade you for some brownies, I love brownies.

Darlene I got the banana tree for you, got my eye on the Green Runners or the salvia volcano.

Does anybody have any Tall Blue Mealy Sage? Mine passed away during the move.

o

Here are the trades that I would like to have, if everyone approves/agrees/concurs:

MikeB - Orange Daylilies for Gerbera Daisies

Dirtmomma(Dorothy) - Society Garlic and ??? for Crinum

Element - Hardy Hibiscus and Houseplant for Adora Brug and Confederate Rose cuttings

DCarpenter(Darlene) - Monarda and Shasta Daisies for NOID Variegated Ginger

Sylvia - Painted Pots and Plant Stand for Roses and maybe a tiny sprig of Apple Mint too please? (BTW, you got me confused with Dirtmomma about the Oak Leaf Hydrangea, but if she already promised it to someone else, I will gladly bring you some cuttings)

Brenda - Tadpoles

Armbarangel - Hardy Hibiscus for Baby Century Plant

RuthZ - ??? for Luna Moth Ginger

My Revised List is:

Light Blue Passion Vine
Spring Blooming Violets
Red Monarda
Shasta Daisy Clumps
Hardy Hibiscus
Painted Flower Pots (terra cotta)
Glass Garden Totems (For a sunny location)

I won't have any seeds this time.

Cheryl

o

So far only 5 people have posted on the head count thread. If you haven't done so already, please post to let me know who is coming and how many in your party. Chery - I would love to have tadpoles.

ruthz - if you have enough japanese morning glory seeds, I would like to have some in exchange for lunch.

Anybody I haven't agreed to a swap with yet, I'll probably just wait till the swap. I have trouble keeping up with the posts sometimes. Guess I'm gettin senile in my old age.

Sylvia - Ruben wants some choclate mint. Silly man loves that stuff.

o

Element, the brug cuttings sound good to me. I will also bring you the rock rose. Not sure about the green runner elephant ears. I just know they get huge and run like crazy! I need some trellis pieces for vines that I have growing in pots, so whatever size you think would be okay. I'm not picky.

Mike, green runner elephant ears and salvia volcano it is! Thanks.

Seamommy, I'll dig the ginger tonight and see how it goes. It's so pretty.

Thanks.

I also have the following to add to my list:

variegated morning glories
sunchokes
umbrella palm
green perilla
purple perilla
horsetail rush
lemon balm
variegated carex (I think that's what it is)

o

Mike,
I would like to try the red hot poker (that sounds kinda naughty). I would also like some day lilies. How many brownies can you eat??

Everyone else,
I guess I fibbed about my purple wandering jew. I started them several weeks ago but only two of them actually have rooted. I borrowed them from a neighbor and I'm sure if I went back I could get some if anyone would like.

I'm still good for brownies and Lavender Iris'. I also have two tiny red buds. When I say tiny I mean they are about 3 inches tall.

o

I have a couple of 6' Texas native redbud trees that DH wants to move or cut down. Not sure if we could dig them out but if we can I will bring them. Cheryl

o

dcarpenter, I didn't get the cowpen daisies transplanted before they got too big. I do have lots of cowpen daisy seeds. I will bring the hummingbird shrub and Eve's necklace for you. The Eve's necklace is 2 years old and is still very small.

At this moment, I have no specific wants other than something that doesn't need a lot of TLC and can handle the heat.

I also have some creeping phlox (blue), a native phlox that blooms in the spring - common name bouncing Betty and a guara. If anyone is interested I have some compass plant and liatrus seeds along with a few West Texas yellowbell seeds.

If I can summon the strength, I can separate a couple of forsythia volunteers from the mother shrub if anyone wants them.

o

Running Gardner: Cowpen daisy seeds will be just fine. Everything on my list doesn't require a lot of TLC and can handle the heat. Just pick whatever you like. I think I would also like to try some of your compass plant seeds. Thanks!

o
Haves & Wants for Ft Worth Autumn Swap 10 30 2010

Dorothy, please look over my list & let me know what I can bring you for a red yucca if you have enough.

Sigrid, I'd love some brownies! & lavender iris if you have enough. Please let me know what I can bring you.

Armbarangel, if you have enough century plant, please let me know what I can bring you.

Pre-Trade list, please let me know if I've forgotten anyone or anything (I always do):

to Cheryl:
5 roses
apple mint
From Cheryl:
pots & maybe plant stands
oakleaf hydrangea cuttings

to Brenda:
Cashmere Bouquet
chocolate mint

to Darlene:
Cashmere Bouquet
mints
from Darlene:
St John's Wort

to Running Gardener
4 o'clocks
things that can handle the heat
from Running Gardener
I'm going to bring a lot of heat-tolerant plants;
if you can use any or all of them & if you still have Eve's necklace bay tree, & boneset, I'd love to try any or all of those.

to Mike:
pigeonberry
from Mike:
iris & daffodils

to Sigrid
Please let me know what I can bring you.
from Sigrid
brownies!
lavender iris
if you have enough & if you can use any of the plants I have.

Dorothy, I'd love red yucca, please let me know if I have plants that you'd like in exchange.

armbangel, I'd love century plant, can bring salvia Black & Blue or a light red or hot pink salvia greggii if you want.

Here's my updated "have" list:

lemon mint
apple mint
peppermint
spearmint
4 o'clocks
tall purple Mexican petunias
wandering Jew
iris Indian Chief (a historic with mauve standards & burgundy falls)
phlox, don't know its name, orchid flowers, spreading habit
tall white yarrow
Louisiana artemesia
Golden rain tree
Turk's cap
soapwort

o

My new revised list is
Purple Heart, 12 3" pots rooted, I forgot I had these
Light Blue Passion Vine, rooted young plants, not cuttings
Spring Blooming Violets, divisions
Red Monarda, plants not cuttings
Shasta Daisy, divisions
Hardy Hibiscus, young plants not cuttings
Painted Flower Pots (terra cotta)
Glass Garden Totems (For a sunny location)

Cheryl

o

Wed, Oct 27, 10 at 17:04

seamommy, do you still have society garlic
for Luna Moth ginger

dcarpenter, do you have enough variegated ginger
for blue potato vine

barefoot in tx, Will bring a few different kinds of Japanese Morning glory seeds for lunch

dirtmomma, can I bring you something for your 1 gal starter Oakleaf Hydrangea

running gardner, is your hummingbird shrub Hamelia Patens?
If so, I would like it if I have something you want

Sylviatexas, I'd like Black & Blue salvia if you have enough and I have something you'd like

mike1206, I have Congederate Rose cutting if you still need them. Blooms white then turns pink.

Updated Have list

Asarina 'Bridal Bouquet'
Gold Tropicana canna
Tropicana canna
Variegated Duranta (1 potted)
Purple Flash pepper (1 potted)
Black Pearl Pepper (1 potted & smaller seedlings)
Japanese Morning Glory seeds (check with me on names)
Cuttings
Some type of Joseph's Coat I think (2 cuttings)
Coleus Peter Wonder (2 cuttings)
Coleus Alabama Sunset
Confederate Rose -Double white turns pink

I'm looking for:

Daylilies NAMED only - 5" or larger (not solid yellew)
Phlox - John Fannick or Victoria
Rangoon Creeper vine
Queens Wreath vine
Hamelia Patens (prefer variegated)
Shrimp plant red variegated or green
or check my want list

o

Hi Ruthz. I can certainly bring you some variegated ginger. I dug up two last night. I'm also interested in one of your Coleus Peter's Wonder cuttings. Can I bring you something else from my list?

o

Wed, Oct 27, 10 at 18:46

Does anyone have Japanese Aralia (Fatsia japonica)?
I'd like to try cuttings or seeds.
I bought a good sized one in spring but lost it in July.

o

Ruth, I'm sure I have more Salvia Black & Blue;
I'd love to have Tropicana Canna!

o

Seamommy, my hummingbird shrubs are Flame Acanthus.

Sylvia, I'll bring the small bay tree and boneset for you. If you have a spare pigeonberry, I'd love one.

o

Wed, Oct 27, 10 at 21:45

I tried to find a name for the Joseph's Coat cuttings.
It's possibly Pink Splash Joseph's Coat Alternanthera species

o

updated list

Cheryl - 3) 2 ltr. crinum & plant markers for you - society garlic for me

Ruthz - I'll bring the 1 gal oakleaf hydrangea - don't see anything on your list - we'll work out something Sat.

Sylvia - I have THIRTY-FIVE (qt sz) healthy red yucca plants - I had hoped to find a trade for bamboo muhly grass - how many are you interested in?

I'll check back on this site late Thursday.

Dorothy B.

o

Thu, Oct 28, 10 at 10:42

dirtmomma, if you can trade the oakleaf hydrangea for something you want, please don't hold it for me.
I probably won't bring much other than pre-trades, unless it's already potted.

o

dcarpenter -
I will bring what I can for the Trellis and brugs. Okay I think we may have the same stuff. I am trying to get rid a couple of that I potted up over the summer. Are you in an SUV or a Truck?

Cheryl -
I went out and checked on the Confederate Rose and none of the plant's branches are ready to be used as cuttings. To small and thin. If you want to try I could cut some, but I doubt they will take root. I am hoping to to get more cuttings from the original Plant in Nov. If it hasn't died back from Winter Frost. Check back with me in the Spring... Sorry about that.

So it looks like will only be trading the brug cutting for the Hardy Hibiscus.

o

Thu, Oct 28, 10 at 13:28

I just went outside and dug/potted a few things if they survive:

ajuga (2)
tall bearded iris (3 small)
lavender grape scented bearded iris (1 small)
baby 4:00's probably light orange (2)
Ming Toy daylily (1)

If requested, I can dig or repot

NOID pink Brugmansia (1)
NOID yellow daylily (1)
NOID yellow/red daylily (1)
Lady in Red savia

o

OK, here's my revised trades list:
MikeB - Orange Daylilies for Gerbera Daisies
Dorothy - Society Garlic for Crinum
Element - Hardy Hibiscus for Adora Brug
Darlene - Monarda&Shasta Daisies for Variegated Ginger
Sylvia - PPs, OLHCs and PS for Rs and AM
Brenda - Tadpoles for lunch (sounds yummy)
Armbarangel - Hardy Hibiscus for Baby Century Plant
RuthZ - Society Garlic for Luna Moth Ginger

Also, Ruth, if you have a spare confederate rose cutting I would love to have one. I can bring you some pretty painted flower pots or another type of plant in trade for it. Cheryl

o

Element, I drive a truck.

o

Here is what I have:
Seamommy - Gerber Daisies for Day lilies
Sylvia - Daf and Irises for Pigeon Berry
Bare Foot - Red hot Poker for lunch
Darlene - Banana Tree for Salvia Volcano and running elephant ears
Sigrid_r - Brownies for a Red Hot Poke

Ruthz I can bring you a named day lily for some confederate Rose Cuttings.

I sure I will have tons of other things, just got to get after it tonight and get it all together.

o
Haves & Wants for Ft Worth Autumn Swap

Dorothy, I don't have the bamboo muhly grass, BUT...
I just got a whole bunch of some kind of ornamental grass that grows to about 3' or maybe 4'.

o

Fri, Oct 29, 10 at 14:49

My updated list

seamommy - society garlic & a plant or painted pot for Luna Moth Ginger & Conf. Rose cutting

dcarpenter - variegated ginger & ?? (anything is fine) for blue potato vine & Peter Wonder coleus cutting

barefoot in tx - Lunch for various Japanese Morning glory seeds

dirtmomma - 1 gal starter Oakleaf Hydrangea for ??

Sylviatexas - Black & Blue salvia for Tropicana canna

mike1206, - named daylily for Congederate Rose cutting

Please let me know if I missed anything or if there are any other requests

o

Here is what I have:

Mike B - green runner elephant ears and salvia for banana tree

Seamommy - variegated ginger for shasta daisy and monarda

Element - rock rose and ??? for trellis pieces and brug cutting

Sylvia - St. John's Wort and ???? for cashmere bouquet cuttings and mint

Ruthz - variegated ginger and ???? for blue potatoe vine and coleus cuttings

Running Gardner - ????? for cowpen daisy seeds, eve's necklace, and hummingbird shrub

Barefoot - I'll see you bright and early and you can have first pick from my table!!

Did I miss anyone? Looking forward to tomorrow.

o

Darlene, I'd love elephant ear if you still have some (or one).

Here's my list that I hope is correct;
if not, please let me know.

for cheryl 5 roses & an apple mint
from cheryl pots & maybe a hydrangea or cutting

for brenda cashmere bouquet & chocolate mint

for armbarangel I found a hot pink salvia greggi.
from armbarangel century plants

for darlene, cashmere bouquet & mints
from darlene st john's wort & elephant ear if you have enough

for ruth salvia black & blue
from ruth cannas

for running gardener 4 o'clocks & pigeonberry
from running gardener bay tree & boneset

for mike pigeonberry
from mike daffs & iris

for dorothy ornamental grass
from dorothy red yucca

for sigrid?
from sigrid brownies & lavender iris

for butterflyfan 4 o'clocks, apple mint, turk's cap, salvia B&B
from butterflyfan frogfruit, fennel, passionflower, rue

I hit the jackpot on ornamental grasses & will bring some of those as well as the phlox, Indian Chief irises, lemon mint, peppermint, apple mint, & miscellaneous stuff.

will bring a "prize", hope we have enough participation!

(but if we don't, I got stuff I like!)

Get your plants watered & sorted & go to bed early tonight so you'll be bright-eyed tomorrow, & remember your Sharpies, notepads, & your little red wagon if you have one!

o

Hi Sylvia,
Do you have enough Indian Chief and Turks Cap that I could have some?

Seamommy,
Could I interest you in some brownies or lavender Iris'? I would like to take some of your gozillion day lilies.

Or maybe some pumpkin muffins?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here