Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Plant Swap in Belton this Saturday!

Posted by xtal z8 Temple. TX (cfisher@earth-comm.com) on
Wed, Sep 27, 06 at 20:20

EVENT: Fall Plant Swap
DATE: September 30th
TIME: 8:30 till 1:00pm +
PLACE: Bell County County Extension Agency

This Saturday is our Fall Plant Swap. We'll be meeting at the most awesome site... behind the classroom of the Bell County Master Gardeners and next to the Greenhouse. (Next door to the Scott & White Clinic)

Providing that you bring a chair, we'll be sitting behind the classroom and using their tables for our plants. Although this is not a Master Gardener event, many will also be coming, so bring your gardening questions at the same time.

This is a pot luck plant swap... so bring whatever you have. Please bring rooted plants and label them to the best of your ability so you know what you're trading. You'll be the expert on that plant since it grows in your own yard. You'll be sharing that information with others there.

Don't have any plants? Don't let that stop you... bring some good potting soil, pots, seeds, tools and anything else that would cause a gardener to want to trade a plant for you item.

If you want to continue the visiting through lunch, bring something to add to the table: casserole, dessert, drinks, napkins, and so forth. Bring your good books on plants for Central Texas so everyone can look through them.

We'll start setting up at 8:30am and probably start winding down after lunch around 1:30pm.

By all means, bring a friend or kids. We'll have access to see the Demonstration Vegetable Garden and check out the Master Gardener's Greenhouse while you are there.

You'll want to plan on coming back on October 21st to the Fall Plant Sale if you see something you want. Time is short so get busy potting up those plants.

Most everyone that is coming have never come to a plant swap before. So, let's show 'em how to put one on.

Here is a link that might be useful: Directions to Belton's Master Gardener Greenhouse

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Plant Swap in Belton this Saturday!

Yay!

It was so hot this summer that we didn't have our August get-together, & I'm starvin' for a gardening fix!

I'll bring caladiums (you can keep them inside in pots for the winter, or, I'm told, lift them & store in sawdust or the like), coleus, sedum, Indian Chief historic iris, canna Richard Wallace, canna Conestoga, cast iron plant (aspidistra).

will have to look to see what else!

o
RE: HAVE: list of haves

Ok, please let me know if you're going to be at the swap & if you want anything in particular off this list, 'cause I don't have much time to dig it up!

Louisiana iris, bright purple
White butterfly ginger (only a little bit)
mauve 4 o'clocks
white datura or moonflower
Autumn Joy sedum
unnamed sedum that's really pretty
coleus cuttings in pots, they root easily & I'll only bring the ones that look perky.
lamb's ears
blue mist flower: let me know asap on this, as I may have to get some from a neighbor.
cannas: orangey/coral species type, yellow Conestoga, orange with purple bloom stalks, think it may be Roi du Soleil, & Canna Indica Indian Shot
liriope
purple Moses in the Boat, may have to take cuttings but, again, it roots easily.
orange trumpet vine
chives. Please. Have some chives.
privet shrub.
historic iris Indian Chief, mauve standards, burgundy falls.
not the very first to bloom, but probably the second.

o
RE: HAVE: Plant Swap in Belton this Saturday!

Well, it was a blast!

got to sit in the shade, had tables & chairs from the Master Gardeners, got a guided tour of their greenhouses, found homes for all my plants, & brought home a bunch for my own garden & some for the FW swap on Nov 1.

Thanks, Crystal, for organizing this!

can't wait til the spring swap!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here