Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xtal_gw

have: a big thumbs up to sylviatexas!

Woohoo! Did we ever have fun when sylviatexas came to the Plant Swap in Belton/Temple today!! This gal is unbelieveable. Her car was so loaded with plants that her chasis was dragging. We thought that all four of her tires must have needed air.

She turned out to be sooo much fun. I'm envious of you guys up there that get to swap with her more frequently. No wonder her posting has sooo many responses.

I enjoyed showing her a couple of places and bringing her back to my home to continue digging up plants. Girlfriend, you come back now anytime. Ya hear!

Xtal

Comments (3)

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Sylvia is a great lady. She is friendly and warm and loves giving plants away. She is always loaded down at every swap she goes to. She has helped fill my yard with beautiful plants. I got an iris last spring can't wait to see it bloom but may have to wait another year (sigh).
    I wished I was able to have gone to ya'lls swap maybe next spring I can.
    We use to drive through Belton when my daughter lived in Killeen.

• venessa
    17 years ago

Isn't she wonderful. Such a sweetheart. I can never figure out how she gets all of the things in that car that she does. And where on earth does she find the energy. If you think she's fun at plant swaps you should see her when we get together just to visit and talk about our gardens. She's a blast.

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

Awww, y'all makin' me blush...

(& I paid them hardly anything at all!)

snork.

The Belton swap was a blast!

The swap was loads of fun, the people were friendly & outgoing, the site was on the east side of the building under trees, the Master Gardeners loaned tables & chairs-
    & took us on a greenhouse tour that was just mind-boggling!

found homes for every one of my plants & most of the seeds in the famous seed box, & came home with a carload of wonderful stuff, some for my own gardens & some that I'll bring to the November swap in Ft Worth.

Belton's just at the south edge of Temple, about a 2 hour drive from just south of DeSoto, easily do-able for most of us.

(& the route goes *right past* the outlet mall in Hillsboro!)

& for those who want to stay the night to prowl Salado's to-drool-for antique stores, one of the master gardeners & her husband have a bed & breakfast on wooded acreage...with gardens to make your mouth water!

The accomodations are self-contained storybook cottages with their own baths & kitchenettes, just adorable, with metal roofs, big porches, all-weather fireplaces, big hydro-tubs, etc.

Thanks, guys, looking forward to your spring swap!

Sponsored