Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Desert Willow Seeds

Posted by lmieke Central TX (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 6, 07 at 11:08

I've started these before but all have died after they get about a foot tall. Don't know what I've done wrong, but I'd like to try again. I live by Bastrop.
Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Desert Willow Seeds

I have some.

o

What do you have to trade?

o

See my trade list on My Page. I would pay postage if you don't see anything you want.

o

I have both Desert Willow & Esperanza seeds, I'd love to trade for some Castor Beans.

o

Hi Linda,
I just wanted to pop in and say "hi" when I saw your name. I swapped with you long ago at one of our first central texas swaps. It may have been at Zilker park, or another one of our locations. You gave me a citrus that is still doing well. Your name is on it, so I think of you often and have wondered where you ended up. We don't see you at the swaps anymore, so maybe we're too far away. Anyway, I'm glad to know that you're still playing in the dirt ! ;-)

Patty
Castroville

o

Hey, Patty! After I got in with the Texas Rose Rustlers, I had to cut back on the other swaps, I was going to four meetings a year with them. But didn't I get cuttings of a rose you said was like Eglantine? (among MANY other things) Well, that thing is HUGE!!!!! I love it and took cuttings with me when we moved up to Tennessee. Now I have one in both places. I think it was at one of the San Marcos swaps that I got my first Desert Willow seeds. I gave a bunch of seedlings away after that and I guess I should have kept two for myself. Looks like I can make two swaps here.
See ya!
Linda

o

new_in_texas, I would love some desert willow seeds and can trade some Mexican bird of paradise (casealpinia gilleisii) seeds. This is a desert plant and has yellow blooms with red (I call them tendrils). Maybe the link below will work to let you see a pic. WELCOME TO TEXAS!! and a long and loving marriage.
Weldon

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Fabaceae/Caesalpinia_gilliesii.html

o

I had planted some seeds from "Bubba". Then, was told that they might not come true since Bubba is more than likely a cross. So, I dug them up and gave them away.

So now I'm looking for 8 "Bubba's". I need them for $10 or less. Anyone have any suggestions of where I can get them?

Thanks for any tips you can offer.
Xtal

o

I had planted some seeds from "Bubba". Then, was told that they might not come true since Bubba is more than likely a cross. So, I dug them up and gave them away.

So now I'm looking for 8 "Bubba's". I need them for $10 or less. Anyone have any suggestions of where I can get them?

Thanks for any tips you can offer.
Xtal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here