Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmieke

WANTED: Desert Willow Seeds

lmieke
16 years ago

I've started these before but all have died after they get about a foot tall. Don't know what I've done wrong, but I'd like to try again. I live by Bastrop.

Linda

Comments (10)

• tey157
    16 years ago

What do you have to trade?

• lmieke
    Original Author
    16 years ago

See my trade list on My Page. I would pay postage if you don't see anything you want.

• new_in_texas
    16 years ago

I have both Desert Willow & Esperanza seeds, I'd love to trade for some Castor Beans.

• castro_gardener
    16 years ago

Hi Linda,
    I just wanted to pop in and say "hi" when I saw your name. I swapped with you long ago at one of our first central texas swaps. It may have been at Zilker park, or another one of our locations. You gave me a citrus that is still doing well. Your name is on it, so I think of you often and have wondered where you ended up. We don't see you at the swaps anymore, so maybe we're too far away. Anyway, I'm glad to know that you're still playing in the dirt ! ;-)

Patty
    Castroville

• lmieke
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey, Patty! After I got in with the Texas Rose Rustlers, I had to cut back on the other swaps, I was going to four meetings a year with them. But didn't I get cuttings of a rose you said was like Eglantine? (among MANY other things) Well, that thing is HUGE!!!!! I love it and took cuttings with me when we moved up to Tennessee. Now I have one in both places. I think it was at one of the San Marcos swaps that I got my first Desert Willow seeds. I gave a bunch of seedlings away after that and I guess I should have kept two for myself. Looks like I can make two swaps here.
    See ya!
    Linda

• weldontx
    16 years ago

new_in_texas, I would love some desert willow seeds and can trade some Mexican bird of paradise (casealpinia gilleisii) seeds. This is a desert plant and has yellow blooms with red (I call them tendrils). Maybe the link below will work to let you see a pic. WELCOME TO TEXAS!! and a long and loving marriage.
    Weldon

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Fabaceae/Caesalpinia_gilliesii.html

• Xtal in Central TX, zone 8b
    10 years ago

I had planted some seeds from "Bubba". Then, was told that they might not come true since Bubba is more than likely a cross. So, I dug them up and gave them away.

So now I'm looking for 8 "Bubba's". I need them for $10 or less. Anyone have any suggestions of where I can get them?

Thanks for any tips you can offer.
    Xtal

• Xtal in Central TX, zone 8b
    10 years ago

I had planted some seeds from "Bubba". Then, was told that they might not come true since Bubba is more than likely a cross. So, I dug them up and gave them away.

So now I'm looking for 8 "Bubba's". I need them for $10 or less. Anyone have any suggestions of where I can get them?

Thanks for any tips you can offer.
    Xtal

• Bee Awesome
    8 years ago

tey157 do you still have desert willow tree seeds? Could I get some for postage? Thanks B

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner