Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sylviatexas1

Ft Worth Swap: Post Haves & Wants Here

sylviatexas1
15 years ago

hope this doesn't double post;

I just tried to post & it vanished!

Since it seems that we haven't had time for everyone to become comfortable with the swap site, (naming no names, & I'll start!), please post your haves & wants here & arrange pre-trades if you like.

My Haves:

pink 4 o'clocks

tall purple Mexican Petunia

fragrant phlox, orchid-colored flowers

English ivy, mostly rooted cuttings

Tradescantia (Wandering Jew) for outdoor gardens

1 hanging basket with variegated airplane plant

2 metal trellises with hummingbird motif for special trade

sedum, some rooted, can take cuttings

dwarf cannas, yellow edge, orange center

seeds:

Partridge pea

morning glory, sky blue & red/purple, mixed

small globe allium

red yucca, simply tons!

My Wants:

leatherleaf mahonia

pomegranite

evergreen anything

Since my garden is pretty full, & I eat but do not cook, homemade bread, brownies, etc are always welcome trades.

& I received some *wonderful* lotion at a previous swap, seems like it contains goat's milk & shea butter.

If anyone has that, I'll trade just about anything for it!

Comments (110)

• alley
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Sherman,
    Do you have the jasmin spoken for? And if not, would there be anything on my list that you would trade it for? My most current list is on the fort worth swap forum

• debbiedo7
    15 years ago

Sherman,
    If you have extra jasmine I would love to get some, also I'll take a try at rooting some gardenia. I'm sure you'll give me directions.

Thanks,
    Debbie

• Deb Chickenmom
    15 years ago

I am planning to bring to the swap:

Iris-mixed colors/(no names-from my Grandmother) peach, pink, pale blue (small flower), yellow/white

Cannas-regular sized, yellow

Crinim bulbs-solid white, large bulbs, "cemetery, churchyard" old fashioned type. Lots of flowers that last only one day.

Turk's Cap, red. A few small plants dug two weeks ago from flowerbeds. Could bring cuttings.

Oxalysis bulbs

Brazilian Verbena (Verbena bonariensis) Tall, "see through" purple flowers that attract butterflies, bees and hummingbirds. Have several rooted plants that I cut back and potted a few days ago. Full sun, blooms mid-summer through fall. Drought tolerant, re-seeds itself.

Sansevieria, Mother-in-Laws Tongue. Several newly potted plants.

Mexican petunia. Low growing with purple flowers. A few potted plants.

Duranta (Skyflower). Clusters of small blue flowers edged in white. Can make a few cuttings. It is supposed to be easy to root from cuttings. I haven't tried yet.

Esperanza. Can bring a few cuttings.

Crape Myrtle. A couple of plants dug and potted a week ago. Watermelon pink?

Seeds from wildflower, Mealy Blue Sage. Original plant came from Bosque County. Very tall, blooms late summer. Lots of blue flowers on spikes. Very attractive to butterflies, bees and hummingbirds. May be too lanky for your taste, but I think the color of the blooms and attraction is worth their tendency to droop.

Seeds. Narrow leaf, Crystal White Zinnia. Not the tiny flowers, about 1 1/2" blooms. Does well in heat. Good for borders.
    Seeds. Veronica. Speedwell.

Seeds. Moonflower, just a few

Seeds. Italian sweet basil. Also a few plants.

Seeds. Dill. A few small plants.

Seeds. Zebrina hollyhock, AKA French Hollyhock (Malva Sylvestris) 24-36", sun to partial shade. No pest problems, heat and drought tolerant. Light lilac blooms with darker veins in throat. Have some seeds and may be able to bring a few small plants. Reseeds and you can move small plants easily to wherever you want them.

Seeds. Purple hyacinth vine. A few.

Seeds-Hardy Ageratum.

Pond plants- Iris (blue), Horsetail. (I also have some umbrella plants and white water lilies, if anyone is interested--I will have to get serious about collecting these.)

Can bring cuttings of Artemisia, Powis Castle

Possibly Red hot poker & American Beautyberry; small plants. (I will know for sure by Monday evening; These are coming from a friend.)

I'm still digging around to see if I can find anything else.

Wants: Four o'clocks, Hollyhocks, Snapdragons, violas, alysium, Bells of Ireland, Coreopsis or?? No food please-I eat it instantly. Also,the tall Mexican petunias sound interesting.

• phyllisb2008
    15 years ago

Hi chickenmom, I would be interested in the oxaylis bulbs,brazillian verbena and the dill seed. I have pale pink,cherry pink and yellow 4 O'clocks I might have some irish bells seed but not sure I will look for them. any or all would be fine.look on my list and see if your interested in anything. let me know. thanks

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    15 years ago

Hi Chickenmom -

I would love some of your cemetery Crinums. I don't have anything on your want list, but I thought i might be able to tempt you with either some Oxblood lily (rhodophiala bifida) or a pink turk's cap (rooted, blooming, in a 1-gallon pot).

Please let me know yay or nay :)

Thanks!

Lin
    Barkingdogwoods

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

can't believe I'm saying this but...
    I'd like to trade for some of your historic iris!

(Addiction can be an enjoyable thing!)

& white crinum if you have enough & if I can bring you enough to make the trade equible.

I have approximately 7000 more 4 o'clocks than Phyllis, but mine are all the light, mauvy pink.

& I can bring you Zebrina hollyhock & tall purple Mexican Petunia.

If there's anything else on my list that tickles your fancy, just let me know, & I'll bring it!

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I cleaned out (sort of) just one overgrown flowerbed yesterday, & I have a couple of boxes of iris, historics in mixed colors (they were too crowded to bloom last year, & I can't remember from the year before) & mauve 4 o'clocks.

& I picked up a bunch of begonias from a gardener who was ripping them out & throwing them into black plastic trash bags.

After planting as many as I had room for, I still have bunches;
    Phyllis has had good luck overwintering begonias by keeping them well-watered & well-mulched.

If you'd like to try any of these, bring some boxes or bags or newspaper wrappings!

• Deb Chickenmom
    15 years ago

Hi Phyllis, I'll be sure to have oxaylis bulbs, verbena and dill seed for you. Four o'clocks would be great; I may need instruction on where to plant them. I just remember a big bush of them growing when I was small.

Barkingdogwoods-I'll have the cemetery lillies for you and would like to try the pink Turks Cap.

Sylvia-You must be addicted to iris if you just dug up a big bed and want more! Wish I could identify the individual corms. There is a very pretty pink and a yellow with lower petals which are white edged in yellow. Also there are peach (they seem to be the most dominant-since they are my least favorite color) and some blue that have small flowers. I have several of the white cemetery lily bulbs and will be sure you get some. I'd like to swap for your tall Mexican petunias and maybe some phlox. Don't know much about either of them, but I assume instruction and advice are included with all exchanges. Right?...

Should I bring all that other stuff along? Is there usually a fairly good sized group, so I can hope to get rid of, uh..pass along a lot of things? Or should I leave the plastic tub of cannas here and try to give them away on Craig's list or something? I'm looking forward to the get together.
    Thanks!!!

• phyllisb2008
    15 years ago

Thanks Chickenmom. Can't wait

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    15 years ago

Hi Chickenmom- the pink Turk's cap now has your name on it. I'll be there early but will need to leave around 11, as I have to go to Dallas for a Greyhound meet-and-greet with my 2 foster dogs. Hope I can hook up with you - otherwise I'll try to find someone who will keep my plants for me...

The pink Turk's cap seems to me to come out a little later than the red, but boy the blooms are so soft and delicate!

Can't wait to see y'all!

Lin

• dcarpenter
    15 years ago

Okay, I know it's a little late in the game, but here is my list:

Plants for Trade:

Ajuga (purple)
    Artemesia (Oriental Limelight)
    Cactus - Opuntia (pads)
    Castor Bean (red)
    Cypress Vine (red)
    Hollyhocks (pink)
    Horsetail
    Inland Sea Oats
    Lemon Balm
    Mexican Petunias (Pink)
    Orange Bulbine
    Queen Anne's Lace
    Salvia (Volcano)
    Sedum - Autumn Joy
    Sedum - Balticum
    Sedum - Golden Acre
    Umbrella Plant
    Watch Chain Plant
    Winecups
    Yarrow (white)

Cuttings:

Lemon Verbena

Seeds:

Ageratum
    Blackberry Lily - Pink/Yellow
    Bouncing Bet
    Chili Pequin
    Clara Curtis Daisy
    Cosmos - Sensation
    Eyeball Plant
    Gallardia
    Gomphrena - Purple
    Hyacinth Bean - Pink
    Hyacinth Bean - Purple
    Hyssop
    Lavender
    Lemon Balm
    Liatris - Purple
    Marigold - Moonlight
    Monarda
    Purple Majesty Millet
    Purple Parasols Stokesia
    Sea Holly
    Sedum - Frosty Morn
    Sunflower - Italian White
    Texas Star Hibiscus - Pink
    Texas Star Hibiscus - Red
    Zinnia - Candy Cane
    Zinnia - Mix
    Zinnia - Tall Mixed
    Zinnia - Shades of Pink

That's all that I can think of right now, but I may add more as the week goes on and I take things into the greenhouse.

My passion is tropicals, succulents, and cacti, but I am open to just about anything. I have plenty to share :) Thanks!

• debbiedo7
    15 years ago

Chickenmom,
    I would love to have some of your Red hot poker & your grandmas iris
    I have dark pink Four o'clock seeds

Dcarpenter
    I would like some of the Mexican Petunias (Pink) are they the tall or short variety?
    Blackberry Lily - Pink/Yellow seeds, Eyeball Plant (maybe they can watch my garden haha) Hyacinth Bean Pink & Hyacinth Bean Purple
    Could you look at my list & see if I have anything your interested in trading for.

Sylvia,
    Id like some of your trash to treasure begonias

6 days to go Woo Hoo
    Debbie

• dirtmomma
    15 years ago

I know I'm late with this posting -
    dcarpenter - I'd love some horsetail and ajuga --if I have anything on my list you'd like to trade.
    I'll bring what I have Saturday along w/door prize and some food to share.

Have
    airplane plants
    crinum (fall bloom)
    cypress vine seed
    garlic chives
    maiden grass
    rain lily
    red geraniums
    white geraniums
    sedum Kamtschaticum ?(floret) (yellow bloom)
    sedum chrysicaulum (yellow blossom)
    turks cap

Want
    ajuga
    horsetail
    JOHN FANICK phlox
    pastel day lilies
    society garlic
    yard amaryllis

• alley
    15 years ago

chickenmom,
    How about some coreopsis (tickseed) for brazilian verbena?

• Deb Chickenmom
    15 years ago

Hi Ally-Brazilian verbena plants for coreopsis sounds great! I think you will like this plant-it is different, very reliable and really attracts butterflies. Kind of blends in with its long stalks.

Debbie-I'll have plenty of Iris for you and will bring red hot poker.

Dirt Mama- Could I bring horsetail for you and get white Geranium?

Element-I have Mother-in-laws tongue for you. Do you still have any yellow columbine seeds?

D. Carpenter-I would love your hollyhock if you still have any. Do I have anything you might want to take in trade?

Barkingdogwoods-I will plan to be at the swap no later than 10:00 (unless I'm wandering around the park looking for the group!) I have a friend with a rescue greyhound and she is the sweetest dog--so calm and just so smart!!

Thanks, all.

• phyllisb2008
    15 years ago

Hi Dcarpenter I would like some hyacinth bean vine pink and purple liatris. please look on my list and see if there is anything we can trade. Thanks

• joie33
    15 years ago

Oops! I have my whole list at the FTW Garden Swap site. Let me know if you need me to reproduce it here. I'll just post my pre-trades below. Please let me know if I've missed anything.

Pre-trades (please confirm)

Yellow Rain Lilies
    debbiedo7 -
    sylviatexas - 4 o'clocks & confetti lantana
    alley - vanilla ice sunflower seeds
    tropicgirl - purple datura
    liz_h -

Red Cannas
    alley - vanilla ice sunflower seeds

Stevia
    Mommyfox - butter and egg wildflowers
    debbiedo7 -

Orange Mint
    sylviatexas - 4 o'clocks & confetti lantana

Bee Balm
    alley - Pomegranate

Has anyone said what the price range is for the drawing table? This is my first time and I don't know what to expect.

• dcarpenter
    15 years ago

Debbiedo, the Mexican Petunias are tall. I would be happy to bring the petunias, blackberry lily seeds, eyeball plant seeds, and the pink and purple hyacinth bean seeds in exchange for some pumpkin bread and white cat whisker seeds.

Dirtmoma, I would love to bring you some horsetail and ajuga in exchange for some turks cap if you still have it available.

Chickenmom, I would love to share my hollyhocks with you. Do you happen to have any duranta/skyflower left or maybe red hot pokers (if you're friend came through)?

Phyllisb2008, I will bring you some pink hyacinth bean seeds and liatris - purple seeds. I would love anything baked that you have.

Thanks!

I also found some nursery pots in one gallon sizes and smaller and some plastic decorative (sorta) pots if anyone is interested in these.

• phyllisb2008
    15 years ago

Thank you Dcarpenter

• barefoot_in_texas
    15 years ago

DCarpenter I would love to have volcano salvia in trade for lunch. Chickenmom - if you happen to have an extra red hot poker I would love it. Everybody be sure and post on the head count. Thanks. See you on Saturday. Also, if anyone wants my cell phone number in case of getting lost please e-mail me and I'll send it to you. bjmots2001 at sign yahoo.com

• debbiedo7
    15 years ago

Thanks dcarpenter it's a trade see you Saturday
    Debbie

• dcarpenter
    15 years ago

Mommyfox, if you still have your red double hibiscus available, I have large green elephant ears, shrimp plant (yellow) and wine cups (or you could check my list). Thanks!

dcarpenter

• element321
    15 years ago

Getting ready to get my trades ready. Tell me if I am missing anyone or if you want something or have something to trade. Thanks.

Have:
    * Purple Cone flower seeds : mommyfox (3 + seed heads), Winerdogg (at 3 seed heads), liz_H( 3 heads), barefoot_in_texas
    * Winter Squash seeds
    * Yellow Columbine seeds
    * Light Pink Oleander Cuttings
    * Purple Crepe Myrtle - seeds
    * Crepe Myrtle seeds -unknown color and size
    * Pineapple Sage Cutings
    * Lady in Pink Saliva seeds
    * Milkweed cuttings - Maybe: barefoot_in_texas
    * Rooted Red Oleander - none left
    * Rooted Light Pink Oleander Cuttings
    * Purple Crepe Myrtle Cuttings
    * Espranza Seed Pods 5 left.
    * Desert Willow seeds, these need to be potted up soon, the are about 3 weeks old

Wants:
    * Dwarf Banana
    * Clematis : mommyfox (unknow) - Still looking for more :)
    * Daylilies
    * Ginkgo Biloba
    * Wood Fern
    * Japanese painted wood fern
    * Fig
    * Large Elephant Ears
    * Meyer Lemon Tree
    * Water Plants
    * Cast Iron Plant: sylviatexas(maybe), I still need as many I can get.
    * Parlor Palm
    * Low and medium light indoor plants
    * Gold Fish Plant
    * Mother-In-Law Plant or snake tongue
    * Snake Plant
    * Nursery Pots -Any size but prefer 3 gallon and larger
    * Planters
    * Fancy pots of sizes, shapes, and colors
    * 5 gallon buckets - Liz_H
    * 35 and 55 gallon plastic drums
    * Pathos: mommyfox
    * Pride of Barbados
    * Turk's Cap
    * Desert Willow
    * Blue Agave
    * Century Plants
    * Succulents - I have almost to much Aloe.
    * Small Cacti for tabletop gardens

Trades and receives:
    mommyfox: pathos and clematis for purple coneflower seeds
    sylviatexas: Cast Iron Plant, water plant (umbrella), Confetti lantana
    Weenerdogg:PFC, sage Milkweed (or cuttings) seeds for spearmint, apple mint and some Trumpet vine pods
    Liz_H: PCF
    barefoot_in_texas: Lunch for Coneflower seeds and (or) milkweed seeds
    Furtunegardener: brug cuttings, daylilies. want: Purple Cone flower seeds
    Seamommy: pineapple sage and rooted red oleanders for . I will swap the orange daylilies for the oleanders.
    sshuang :Texas Everbearing Fig/ Petite Negri Fig cuttings, backberry and pomegranate cuttings
    planopondnut: Cerulean Blue passion vine for esparanza seed pod
    debbiedo7: Pineapple sage cuttings for mother-in-law plant

Edit: Updated wants - 10/10/08
    Edit: Updated Receives, trades and haves - 10/01/2008
    Edit: Trades ands receives - 10/14/2008
    Edit: Updated haves - 10/21/08
    Edit: Updated haves - 10/22/08
    Edit: Trades and receives - 10/24/08

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    15 years ago

Hi Element -

I have some blue agave or century plants for you (I don't know the diff) - some from my place, some from a vacant lot.

I also found out today that I'm doing a Greyhound event on Thursday evening so I'll be free to stay awhile on Saturday. Yippee!!!

Lin

• sandy_8b
    15 years ago

Hi dcarpenter, you have some neat stuff.

My: Pacific Chrysanthemums, bunch of coleus cuttings, and hummingbird Plant cuttings, plus more plants and seeds of choice: Are you interested in any of the selections have set aside to send to swap listed below?

For: Inland Sea Oats, Artemesia , Sedum(Golden Acre), Hollyhocks(pink), Winecups - seeds: Sunflower, Red Texas Star Hibiscus, Gallardia, Hyacinth Bean Pink, Lavendar.

My Extra Plants: Angel Leaf Begonia plant, lovely low light inside in winter, patio in summer; hardy fern small plant; pink garden cress(delicious) plant; gill ivy rooted great fragrant winter groundcover, horseherb yellow flower ground cover rooted.

Big tubers of:The native 4 oclock magenta.

My Extra Seeds: showy edible amarathus, rockrose great under roses, Gold Milkweed, French Market Dandylion, looks like a big fern - doesnt reseed. Vines: blue pea - exquisite blue color, bittermelon - yellow flower, fast grower, passionflowers(cuttings, seeds, blue/purple/white fragrant). Shrub/trees seeds: Chaste Tree purple fragrant, Redbud Tree, Altheas 4 colors, Cassia(Senna) beautiful yellow blossoms now. (these trees all are small fill in trees, do well under big trees).

I have a small garden, so dont need a lot.

Please let me know, am packing up individual swaps now. Glad you got in touch. Thanks, Sandy

• dcarpenter
    15 years ago

Hi Sandy. I would be happy to bring everything you asked for. I would love some Angel Leaf Begonia, hardy fern, gill ivy, and seeds for rockrose. If you see anything else, please let me know. I have plenty of seeds and plants! Thanks.

• sandy_8b
    15 years ago

dcarpenter, sounds terrific to me. My swaps will be with Elements123 as can't ride in a car just yet due to accident.

Enjoy the SWAP, thanks sandy

• mommyfox
    15 years ago

dcarpenter, sounds good to me!

• dirtmomma
    15 years ago

The only trades I see for me are: chickenmom trading horsetail (me) for white geranium (her)
    and
    dcarpenter: horsetail (me) - turks cap (her)

If I've overlooked anyone please alert me - or look at my trade list.

Dorothy B.

• joie33
    15 years ago

Sherman, I would like some of your luffa seeds.

sandy_8b, I would like some of your Passionvine Fruit, seeds, cutting, whatever. I'm not picky!

Please review my list to see if there's something you want. :-)

JK

• mommyfox
    15 years ago

Hey dirtmomma! I don't have anything on your wants list, but I do have a lotta stuff, maybe you'll see something that appeals to you! Let me know if you do. I'm interested in rain lilies and turk's cap.

• Deb Chickenmom
    15 years ago

D Carpenter- I will have red hot poker and cuttings from the duranta for you. Looking forward to Saturday! Chickenmom

• mikeb1206
    15 years ago

Haves:
    PLANTS

Mexican Petunia
    Purple Wondering Jew -Element
    Plenty of Mystery plants that I have no Idea what they are. - Barefoot
    Various pots of different shapes and sizes -Sally
    2 Indoor plants given to me, I know 1 is a lily, the other one?
    Monkey Grass (Lirope clumps)
    Umbrella Plant that has been growing in water. They will also grow in dirt
    Horsetail Reed (has been growing in water) - sally -Seamommy
    2 pots of Crotons I rooted out over the summer.
    2 small Conifers
    2 Amaryllis Red

SEEDS
    Purple Cone Flower seeds
    Cypress Vine Seed
    Zina Seeds (purple)
    Rain Lily bulbs and seeds (white) - Liz - Alley-Sylvia
    Marigold seeds
    Spider Flower seeds
    Moonflower Seeds

Wants?
    I am not picky. I love bulbs or just about anything that grows.
    Rose cuttings any color
    Shade Plants
    Mike

Element Purple wondering Jew ------ Columbine seeds for Mike
    Liz_H Rain Lily Bulbs ----- Cosmos Seed for Mike
    Barefoot_in_texas Plant of choice --- Lunch for Mike
    Alley Rain Lily Bulbs -------- Ginger for Mike
    Sylviatexas Rain Lily Bulbs ------- Rose cuttings and Red spider lily for Mike
    Barkingdogwoods - Conifer ------ Rose cuttings for Mike
    Seamommy - Horsetail Reed ------ Rose Cuttings for Mike
    Planopondnut Pots and Horsetail reed ----- Cast Iron for Mike

• dcarpenter
    15 years ago

Chickenmom, can I bring you something else in addition to the hollyhocks? Thanks.

Mike, I'm interested in a croton and a conifer. Do I have anything that you might like? Please check my list and let me know. Thanks!

• sshuang
    15 years ago

Phyllisb2008,
    I could get you some Texas Everbearing Fig cuttings and larkspur seeds.

I would like to try the blueberry muffins if you have some.

Sylviatexas,

I'll bring you Wonderful Pomegranate cuttings. They are easy to root but takes patience. It takes about

2-3 months to root with the cuttings in bright light (not direct sun) and temps around 70-80 degrees.

Cooler temps and lower light may require even longer for rooting. They need to be kept at near 100%

humidity while rooting.

I'll also dig up a thornless blackberry plant for you.

firebird1,

I'll bring some larkspur seeds and some pomegranate cuttings.

weenerdog,

I'll bring one tansy and one thornless blackberry plant. I'll bring you some wonderful pomegranate

cuttings and the garden fork. I'd like to try the lemon balm. The one I had a few years ago died.

debbiedo7,

I'll bring some pomegranate and Texas Everbearing Fig/ Petite Negri Fig cuttings. I'll also dig up some

blackberry, jasmine, and strawberry plants too.

barefoot_in_texas,

I'll bring you some pomegranate and thornless blackberry cuttings for lunch and drinks.

liz_h,

I'll bring you the empty milk jugs and soda bottles. I'll also bring some everbearing strawberry

plants. I can try some of your homemade bread.

sandy_8b,

I'll bring you blackberry, fig, and gardenia cuttings for some peppermint.

element321,

I can bring you some Texas Everbearing Fig, Petite Negri Fig, thornless blackberry, and pomegranate

cuttings.

alley,

I'll bring you some jasmine. I get access denied when I try to access your list.

dcarpenter,

Can I get some lavender from you? That is the only thing I'm really looking for this plant swap. You

can check my list (3rd post) to see if there is something you want.

joie33,

I'll bring some luffa seeds for you.

All,

I can also get gardenia and rose cuttings. I don't know the rose types but one is fragrant and pink.

The other one is red but is not fragrant. Both roses are susceptible to blackspot unfortunately. I

also have jasmine. It has small white fragrant flowers and is a small bush. It seems to be zone 9 so

needs some protection from Dallas winters, at least for the first winter. I'll also bring some

thornless blackberry cuttings since that is very popular and I don't have that many extra plants.

I'll probably show up around noon since we have piano lessons until 11am.

Sherman

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

dirtmomma, I have schoolhouse lilies, which are a smallish early-fall-blooming amaryllid with red flowers, that I can trade you for a crinum.

Chickenmom, I have you down for tall Mexican petunias & phlox for historic iris & white crinum.

joie, I have you down for 4 o'clock (feel pretty crummy about this, since I now have a huge box of 4 o'clocks, but I'll bring you something more if you like!) & Confetti lantana for orange mint.

alley, if you have enough oleander & coneflower, I can use them, & you can have first crack at my "seed box"!

elememt, I'd be happy to get fresh oleander cuttings *if you have time*.

firebird, I'm bringing the trellises for the crinum & bouganvilla, & it's fine with me if your friend brings trellises or flyers or business cards!

fortunegardener, I have you down for white rose, possibly Ducher, & cuttings for Seven sisters, in return for amaryllis & brugs if you have enough.

Imabirdnut, I have your name on my only butterfly bush (think it's purple but won't swear to it), for white salvia & blue La iris.

sandy, I'll bring you some cannas, can dig up the dwarf & regular types.

• joie33
    15 years ago

Sylviatexas, I didn't quite understand if you were saying that you did or didn't have much of the 4 O'Clocks. Someone else is also bringing me 4 O'Clocks so if you don't have much don't worry. I don't need much anyway. I have a small yard. It's all good!

• sandy_8b
    15 years ago

Sherman,

Just sent you an email.

Sandy (Organic Gardener)

• sandy_8b
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone!!! for the swaps (my swaps will be with Element) (have found lots of extras to send too)

Here is Thursday's Update, please if missed anyone or any item let me know, am packing up the white plastic bags for each today and tomorrow. Or if want anything else stuck in. email addy is on members page or go to swap site below.

Elements: *My Citrus, *Golden Candlestick Plant, *Dallas Fern, *Japanese Fern, *Big Pots, *Low light indoor plants, *Passion Vines rooted and rooting cuttings, *Starts this winter in greenhouse of Roses, Cestrum Nocturum, Gingkos, Firecracker Vine, Magenta Oleander, etc. *for graciously trucking my swaps and your web work here. And a little pineapple sage start.

Sylvia: My *Heirloom Tomato Seeds *with extras for corralling this shindig, *Taro, *Pink and White Salvia plant and seeds, *Quaker Lady iris bulbs/plants, *Mme Alfred Carriere cuttings, *"Gardening in the South" Book(still looking for this in my bookshelves, if cant find it what else might you like?) Just took some more big Angel Wing Begonia cuttings.
    For your *Mulch, *Culinary Sage, *Garlic, *Thyme, *Dwarf Cannas and maybe reg. ones, *low growing landscape Rose, *Red Salvia struck cutting.

Mommyfox: *White crepe myrtle. *Yarrow, *Violet Althea, *Quaker Lady Iris, *Ferns *for your web work.

Sherman - My *big potted mint for your *blackberry seedling?/cuttings and cutting of your *two varieties of figs. And your marvelous *gardenia cuttings.

Liz_H: My *seeds - Nueves Azorean tomato, flamme, French Dandelion, Amaranth, salvia, balsam impatien - *plants - gill ivy, horse herb plants - *cuttings - coleus - *domes, trays & WS containers - *Herbal book.
    For your: *Homemade bread. Plants: *pansies - *Seeds: Agastache anisata, Blanket Flower Goblin, Nasturium dbl glean, Snapdragon Royal Bride, arugula, cucumber Eureka, Spinach palco, Scallion ishikuro, Cat Mint, B.Dill

Alley: *Guernsey lilies for *Banana Baby

Fortunegardener: My cuttings of *Mme. Alfred Carriere Rose for your *autumn joy sedum plant and *brug cuttings (yellow and pink ones)

Seamommy Cheryl: My* Anacharis , * Hardy Pink Lily, * Cuttings Mme. Alfred Carriere and *rooted pacific chrysanthemums for your * potted white or yellow Brugs and * red bee balm, * seeds of *Society Garlic and *Cannas.

Planopondnut: My *Flamme and *N. Azorean toms seeds, *parrot feather, *french dandelion seeds and *angel wing begonia pot or cutting, *Mme A.C Rose cuttings, *Vegatable Amaranthus seeds. FOR: a *bunch of leaks and a couple of *curly spider plant starts, *Red Cannas, *Granny's Walking onions.

Barkingdogwoods - Lin: My *guernseys, *French Hort. Dandilion, *Vegatable Amarathus and *extras too. For: your *oxbloods and your marvelous *Rusty Blackhaw cuttings, *Virburnum Burkwoodi too.

Phyllisb - My *Angel leaf begonia in pot - *Heirloom Tomato seeds - *Purple cone flower seeds - *Yarrow seeds - *Garlic pepper spray
    For your *banana-nut muffins, *cilantro plants 4in, *cucumber and *red salvia seed, poppy seeds, and *pepper plants or seeds.

Weenerdog: My *Gourmet French Market Dandelion, *Flamme tomato seeds, *Passion fruit - for your *Apple Mint.

Debbiedo: My *Iris selection *Purple Cone Flower Seeds,*veggie amaranthus seeds, *Blue Morninglory rooted divisions, *Cestrum Nocturum cuttings, *Pacific Chrysanthemum rooted divisions or cuttings, Passies: *C.E fruit, *Blue Crown fruit, *Incense cuttings - Your *Pumpkin Bread, *Brownies - *Cats Whiskers Seeds - *Artemisia Limelight cutting- *White Flag Iris

Gerry: My Tomatoes, Guernsey Lilies, Iris, Passion Fruit, *Cassia seeds, cutting and seedling - For your blackberry starts, dwarf cannas(Tropicana), Walking Onions, bird of paradise

dcarpenter: My Pacific Chrysanthemums, coleus cuttings, hummingbird cuttings, Angel Leaf Begonia, gill ivy, fern - and rock rose seeds. For: Sea Oats, Artemesia, Sedum(Golden Acre), Hollihocks (pink) Winecups. Seeds: Sunflower, Hibiscus(red), Gallardia, Hyacinth Bean (Pink), Lavender

• mikeb1206
    15 years ago

dcarpenter,
    I will set one of each of the croton and conifer aside for you and we can work out a trade Saturday for something if that is ok.

Mike

• sandy_8b
    15 years ago

Sylvia, On my working card for you, have you down for Incense Passion Vine Cuttings too. Will send. With some evergreen passion vines seeds too.
    Also have gold milkweed seeds. Evergreen wax leaf ligustrums in small pots. Do real well as a screen shrub for me.

Don't have to let me know will just put all in and you can trade off if dont need. Still looking for that book, hope it will appear somewhere. If you see anything else want, let me know

Know ya'll are going to have a great time. Thanks Sandy

• weenerdogg
    15 years ago

Thanks again Sandy and get well soon!

• alley
    15 years ago

Sherman--I don't know why you'd get an access denied. Try www.ftworthgardenswap.com

All--How badly would it mess things up if I didn't come til after about 12:30? I've changed my plans and am not doing my afternoon thing and my kids have soccer games in the morning. I was going to miss them, but if I come later, I can go to them. I know there is a greyhound thing (can't remember who had to leave early and if I traded something with them--let me know).
    I don't know what I'm doing. I may just miss the games anyway (I usually spend more time talking to parents anyway).
    alison

• mommyfox
    15 years ago

Here's my trades list - check it over and make sure I've got it right!

Element - American Wisteria, pothos and clematis for purple coneflower seeds and for helping me with this website!
    Barefoot - ???? for lunch
    Cheryl - grape hyacinth for larkspur seeds
    Liz - pots and confetti lantana cuttings for snapdragon seeds
    Sylvia - algerian ivy, bat-faced cuphea, alyssum, passion flower for hardy hibiscus seeds, Pride of Barbados seeds, turk's cap, comfrey, shrimp plant
    Joie - butter and eggs wildflowers for rainlily seeds
    Ally - dwarf columbine seeds for ginger, vanilla ice sunflower seeds
    Weenerdog - blue salvia and wild violets for rosemary
    Sally - grape hyacinth for creeping fig cuttings
    Fortunegardener - salvia for orange mum and amaryllis
    organicgardener - White crepe myrtle. *Yarrow, *Violet Althea, *Quaker Lady Iris, *Ferns *for web work.
    Chickenmom - ???? and butter and eggs for red hot poker and verbena
    imabirdnut--butter & eggs, BF plants for 4 strawberry begonias & 4 blue katie ruellas
    Phyllis- Purple alyssum for pink larkspur
    Joie - Lirope and salvia for Dwarf Maiden Grass, purple Bee Balm
    MAYBE: Dirtmomma - rain lilies and/or turk's cap for ... ?
    Dcarpenter - double red hibiscus for elephant ears, shrimp plant or wine cups

Alley - I think it would be just fine if you didn't get there until 12:30.

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    15 years ago

Hi all -

First of all I did my Greyhound Meet-and-Greet last night at the Quarterback Bowl in Ft. Worth so I'll be able to stay at the swap - HOORAY!

Secondly, I have some small starts (4" pots) to offer:

: Flame acanthus - hummingbirds love these! pretty red-orange colors
    : Texas Star Hibiscus - single flower, star-shaped (see link)

Please LMK if you're interested.

Lin

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

alley, we always "swap til we drop"...
    which is around 2 PM!

so you'll have plenty of time to browse & visit & swap & such.

• dcarpenter
    15 years ago

My computer is broken down and I'm at the library now using theirs :(

sshuang, I have you some lavender seeds already packed up. You can just give me anything that you want.

Mikeb, sounds like a plan to me.

For everyone else that responded, I have your plants and seeds all ready to go and will see everyone in the morning!!!!

• barefoot_in_texas
    15 years ago

mommyfox - we were trading Blue Henry Duawhatever Salvia for lunch.

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

chickenmom, 'scuse if someone's already answered but, *yes*!, bring *all* that stuff, plastic tubs & soda bottles & hamburger containers from the fast food places for winter-sowing enthusiasts, cannas, nursery pots, any- & every-thing.

(I once came home from a swap with 40 lbs of sheep manure!)

momfox-
    You & I have such a large swap going that I've lost track, but if you have an extra tropical hibiscus, I'd sure love to have it.

Last winter, I think the hibiscuses (hibiscii?) kept me alive just by beaming on me with their bright & smiling flower faces!

• mommyfox
    15 years ago

Barefoot,
    I put a message on your list on the ftworthgardenswap.com page - I overcommitted the salvias, and a couple of them pooped out; I asked if you'd take anything else for lunch. I figured since I hadn't heard back from you, you could just pick whatever you wanted out of my stash at the swap. :)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus