Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Plant swap Lewisville

Posted by ondrea_carina_leaf 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 24, 06 at 13:36

Just a reminder/ Please Let us know if your planning on attending.

FALL PLANT
SWAP
At Lewisville I.S.D.s Outdoor Learning Area
Saturday, October 28th, 2006, 9 am 2 pm
What happens at a swap... A few tables are usually provided at most spots swaps are held, but it's ALWAYS a good idea to bring your own along with some chairs in case those few are already taken.
The common practice is to set the plants you are trading on top of your table in full view. Plants you are keeping back for someone or that you are taking home are put under the table.

Now comes the fun part ~ looking at everyone else's plants and TRADING! Don't be shy! That's all there is to it! Well... that, eating, meeting new gardening friends, talking plants and fun, fun, FUN!

What to bring to swap with.
Plants: Most anything you think someone would want
Seeds: Again, most anything you think someone would want ~ packaged in easy-to-hand-out, labeled envelopes is best.
Cuttings: Make sure they are fresh and have at least two nodes on them ~ keep them wrapped in moist (not wet) paper towels in a Ziploc bag in a cool place 'til you trade them .
Bulbs, corms, rhizomes, etc.: Try to have them dried and cleaned of most garden soil ~ if you can't, no biggie! Just put them in paper bags so they're easier to handle.
(OVER)
A few things that are handy to bring besides plants, seeds and food are.
* printed descriptions & care instructions for your plants/seeds
* ziploc bags and paper towels to moisten and keep cuttings fresh
* pen and paper to write down notes and e-mail address.
* chairs and tables if you have any handy
* boxes ~ lots of boxes! You'll need them to carry your things

Other things that are okay to bring.
* gardening buddies ~ The more swap partners, the better!
* spouses ~ Even if he or she isn't really into gardening.

Some things not to bring (or ask first) 
* small children ~ Some plants at the swap are poisonous
* beer and booze ~ always welcome at my place for dinner, but..
* pets ~Lots of people and confusion, dont add to it, leave fido.

The Pot Luck at Noon
Bring just enough for your family, but to share with everyone. Paper plates, plastic forks, and a beverage is provided.

Directions.
LISDs Outdoor Learning Area is off business 121 east of I35. Located on Fish Hatchery Rd. turn north just east of where the Trinity River crosses business 121, it is located between Lewisville and the Colony, below the Lake Lewisville dam. The road is across the street from a large Fina gas station.

For More Information.

Email Steve Spurger at spurgers@lisd.net or
Terrie Cotter at terrie_cotter@hotmail.com

More info
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/listbydiscussion.cfm?GID=3058034

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Plant swap Lewisville

I won't be able to attend this Fall Swap but wanted to let you guys know:

I have several HUGE black pots to pass on. These are tree sized. 25" across and 19" tall. I've used one to plant a Brugmansia in and it is very happy in that huge pot.

I also can provide the world with cuttings of Silvermound Artemisia. I can get them started anytime you want them.

You can email me through my profile if you are interested in either.

Melvalena

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here