Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Victims of Ike need plants

Posted by wildflowers4me 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 14, 08 at 16:04

As the organizer of the Galveston County Plant Swap, I have recieved emails from our loyal swappers in need of plants, since their plants were taken by hurricane Ike. They lost most all of their plants or a good percentage of them. I would like to put out a plea to everyone and ask that if you can help in any way donate some of your extras in your yard to these unfortunate victims, please let us know on this thread. The Mercer Swap (in North Houston) is November 8, so if you can get the plants to the swap, we can help to distribute them. Or if you can't make it to the swap but would like to donate some extra plants, let us know here. I will direct them to this website and they can contact you or me. Gardeners are such good people and have really jumped in at times of need for people. I know, I was one of those needy last year, and my committee came to my rescue. I can't tell you how appreciative I was. They were so caring and unselfish....and they are just really really good good friends. Thank you for any help you can provide. ~Mary Ellen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Victims of Ike need plants

• Posted by alley 7b Ft. Worth, Tx (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 14, 08 at 17:46

I'm in north texas and can't make it to the swap. How about some seeds?

o

I have plenty to share. Anyone in need of plants/cuttings/seeds can contact me thru email and I will be glad to take them with me to the Mercer Plant swap for distribution.
molly

o

Alley, seeds will be gratefully accepted. If you want to email me, I can give you my address and you can send to me. I live down by Galveston, so wouldn't be able to come and get them. I will be happy to take them to the Mercer swap.

Molly, you're the best! See you at Mercer!

o

• Posted by alley 7b Ft. Worth, Tx (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 25, 08 at 8:55

So sorry I'm just now getting back. I couldn't see how to email you. There wasn't a link. You can email me if you want. I think there is a link on my page, but just in case, take out any spaces and use the @ and . my addy is
alison sheets at sbcglobal dot net

o
Anyone going to the swap, or to Galvaston

may have cuttings of my roses, Little White Lies, Golden Century, and Little Buckaroo (all climbers.)
Just pass on by . . . .
sarah

o

I'm late to this, but I do have some plants I would love to send. Actually, I'd need some basic information on how to dig them up, or take cuttings, but I would be more than happy to do the work and pass them along. I've got crepe myrtles and mahonia bealei. Oh, and some sort of clumping bamboo.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here