Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have: have: trimmings to root and seeds

Posted by kateyes z9 Baytown (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 20, 05 at 16:15

I am in the process of my annual fall pruning and winter bed prep. I will have lots of blue ruellia cuttings(both short and tall species), maroon-stemmed elephant ears, swedish ivy, lazy daisy, candlestick plant seeds, esperanza cuttings, camphor tree saplings, mother-of-millions "pieces", and a few other odds and ends. I will make a complete list on my "rounds" tomorrow of what will be cut/uprooted.

I collect salvias, agaves and succulents, elephant ear varieties, hibiscus, and "exotics/tropicals".

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have: have: trimmings to root and seeds

Hello:

I am very interested in the elephant ears. Is there anyway you could send me a picture of them so I can see what they look like cause I've never seen this one? Also can you tell me how big they get height and width?

I have many salvias, one of my faves is the Henry a blue salvia it bloomed all summer long like gang busters for me and it attracts bumble bees and hummers. I have a total of 10 different salvias that I can send you seeds of if your interested.
I also have a desert rose pink and white very pretty flowers, Umbrella plant.

Thank you, Barb

o

There may be a few maroon-stemmed elephant ears. I believe the ones I keep to be 'Alocasia plumbea'. It grows to about 5ft, leaves can get large (2ft x 3ft maybe more), erect maroon-colored stems later drooping a bit, heavy-drinker of course, offsets after a while.

flowers are faint yellow, vertical, and shell-shaped.

o

I am interested in your Elephant ears. If you have any left I would be willing to trade you. I have several Hibiscus and I also have seeds for the Giant Elephant Ears (Alocasia Odora) Please email me if interested.
Thanks,
Cathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here