Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: head count for lunch/oct 24/fw swap/forest park pavilion

Posted by barefoot_in_texas Texas Z8 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 9, 09 at 16:54

I know it's a bit early (only 15 days away), but we need to start getting a head count for lunch/drinks, etc. Let me know how many in your party: kids, spouses, dogs/cats, etc. The pavilion is reserved for 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Ruben and I usually get there around 9:30 or so and start getting ready. Also, I've had the surgery on my arm and they didn't take as much muscle as they had originally thought they would have to. So, I might be tempted to take a couple plants to a new home. But, I'm not going to try to keep up with arranging anything prior to the swap. See y'all soon.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: head count for lunch/oct 24/fw swap/forest park pavi

There will be just one of me - again. And I'll bring you something that will be easy to plant. Cheryl

o

Phyllis & I will probably come together.

I'll bring sumpn good for your garden!

o

Hey there - I'll be attending by myself, and will find something you might like :)

Lin

o

It'll just be me.

o

My wife and I will be there for sure. My Aunt and Uncle may attend and possibly one other. I will try to let you know for sure a couple of days prior. We will also bring a covered dish or two to share, trade, give away or whatever. It just dawned on me that I sort of invited myself and being new to this forum, I should have asked first, let alone inviting others. Forgive my forwardness and please let me know if I stepped out of bounds. I promise I will not be offended. Cheers!! Bill

o

Muddauber, We welcome you and your family,friends whoever with open arms. The more the better,can't wait to meet you all.

o

Thank you phyllisb. I am looking forward to meeting you all as well. I will be easy to spot. I'll be one with muddy hands and feet and grinning like an idiot! Bill

o

Hi People I know this sounds dumb, but where is this swap at? City? I just mught ask to be invited!Thanks, Marcie-New

o

Hi, Marcie, the "fw" stands for Ft. Worth. There are directions to the park in another thread.

o

Just saw this post. Not sure how I missed it. There should be 2 of us.

o

Two of us also, I plan on bringing a pasta salad.

o

Brenda,
I won't be able to make it to the swap this year. I will be working all day Saturday.
I hope to see you in the spring.
Debbie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here