Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Orphan's Table & Directional Sign for Ft Worth Swap

Posted by sylviatexas z8a Tx (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 20, 09 at 17:09

Last week-end, I dug up a whole bunch of 4 o'clocks & tall purple Mexican petunias & packed them as densely as possible into a couple of pots & added enough soil to keep the roots from drying out.

Since I don't have a *good* idea as to how to make it easy for people to take them home, I'd like to suggest that everyone try to bring enough extra bags or boxes or even newspaper for their own use.

Anyone else have some plants lined up for the Orphan's Table?

& while I'm asking, does anyone know how to make a sign, like a garage sale sign, to put at the corner of Colonial & University to direct people to the swap?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Orphan's Table & Directional Sign for Ft Worth Swap

I will have some plants for the orphans table.

I will also make the sign and put it out. So do we want it to say "Plant Swap" or maybe something more cryptic like FWGW with a big red arrow? I would not like to have a bunch show up like a couple years ago when they just wandered through the group and helped themselves.

Any suggestions?

Cheryl

o

How about "Texas Forum Garden Meeting"?

o

You got it. The signs will be 24' X 36" on foam core board. They will have a green border, purple letters and red arrow. You ought to be able to see them from about 100' away, except that the traffic may be in the way. I will try to post them high enough for most folks to see them over the cars, but I can only reach so high. Cheryl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here