Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sylviatexas1

WANTED: Equity in Trading-Posted in Reference to Ft Worth Swap

sylviatexas1
15 years ago

thought this might be a good time to address the concept of "equity" in trading.

While many of us are delighted to share our *surplus* plants & seeds generously with everybody regardless of what we get or don't get in exchange, most traders don't expect & don't like to be put on the spot by being asked for more than they are offered.

When we are on the "other side of the table" *asking for* something, we need to be reasonable, polite, & respectful.

If you, or I, ask for a particular item, we need to first check our lists & the trader's lists to be sure we are able to offer an equitable trade & one that the trader is likely to want.

Example:

If I want the $75 clivia you've posted, & I only have 2 kinds of seeds & some garlic chives on my trade list, & you haven't expressed an interest in either item, then I need to either email you privately or beef up my trade list, & *not* put you on the spot (& not discourage other traders who might have something comparable to offer you) by asking for it on the forum.

Please think before you post, & be sure you're offering something reasonable in exchange for what you're asking for.

Comments (4)