Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Lilacs

Posted by marcie_new z8 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 21, 09 at 1:21

I was wondering the Lilacs how well do they do around here? Anyone out there with cuttings seedlings that would like to trade? I am willing to pay postage if noting else. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Lilacs

Hi Marcie. I've always thought, and have heard the same, that lilacs won't do well here, and most of us plant a vitex instead, called a Texas Lilac. However, because of your question I did a search and found this post on GardenWeb. Look it over for some information on a species that might do well for you.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/txgard/msg0321565018344.html

patty

o

marcienew, I am the person in that post that has one that bloomed in March. I have never seen seedlings around it, but will certainly give you cuttings. Email me please if you are interested.

o

Hi thanks for responding, I am very interested, I will e-mail you tomorrow for today is already kind of late,but tomorrow I will do the e-mailing during the day Thanks again Marcie. Patty Thanks for looking up this site is great Thanks Marcie.The vitex will be o.k. too.Since I am in between Austin and Houston with the temperatures somewhere in between, sometimes we don't get rain but Austin does or Bryan or Brenahm, or La Grange. Now the cold arctic freeze or freezing temps now those we do get when Austin gets them and it seems we also get cold temps with Bryan, so I will spend some time at this site you found and see what kind os ideas I get Thanks. Marcie.

o

I've got a Miss Kim in a pot, bought it a Lowe's on clearance a few years back. Bloomed for the first time last spring. I was in lilac heaven!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here