Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: A great time at the Ft. Worth swap

Posted by phyllisb2008 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 2, 08 at 10:05

I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR SUCH A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE AND CAN'T WAIT TILL THE NEXT ONE. IT WAS A PLEASURE MEETING ALL OF YOU. SYLVIA HAVE YOU SET THE DATE FOR THE NEXT SWAP?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: A great time at the Ft. Worth swap

Hah!

I'm still draggin' from loading/unloading/watering/scooting pots into shade, etc!

It *was* a great swap, & I was gratified to see so many "old reliables" as well as so many newcomers.

we usually have the Spring Swap in the first to middle part of April, late enough to miss that famous late freeze & early enough to get things settled in for the long growing season.

Have fun & get those cuttings started for April!

o

My son and I also had a wonderful time. Can't wait for the Spring swap.

o

I really enjoyed meeting everyone at the swap. I didn't have much to trade but did end up with some nice plants to bring home. It was so nice to see the genuine generosity that eveyone had. I would like to say thank you to eveyone that shared their plants, cuttings and seeds with me and also to everyone that offered to share. I was excited to get all of them and they will be nice additions to the garden. I was offered so much more, but had to decline on so many because I have either killed them in the past or they were shade loving plants and my area is full sun. I saw so many plants I had never seen or heard of before which was exciting to learn about new plants. I hope to have more to share at the spring swap and am looking forward to attending that one and visiting with you all again.

Happy gardening,
Deb

o

Oh my gosh..where's my head? I forgot to say thanks to some people.
Sylvia-for planning the swap
Mommyfox and Element-for the helpful FW swap site
And also thanks go out to Brenda and Ruben for feeding the whole lot of us. :)
Also I need to say thanks to Ruben for helping me unload the truck when I got to the swap. Save me a lot of foot steps.

If I forgot anyone, please forgive this old lady, I really appreciate all the effort and hard work you all put into making this a very successful swap.

To all I wish a blessed holiday season and hope everyone has a great winter and will see ya'll at the Spring Swap.

Deb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here