Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have: many plants in coppell (dfw)

Posted by achang89 NJ Z6b (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 12, 05 at 21:36

This is what I posted to North Texas Garden Club.

All, we are moving to the east and I'll certainly miss the nice folks here, also the wonderful swaps. With the change from Z8 to Z6, I had to give away all my tender plants. Melva has been helping me handling out the figs, sweet olive, banana shrub and other goodies. Here are what I have remaining:

1. Star jasmine "Madison", the sought-after hardy one perfectly for Dallas. I get about 8-10 of them, in 1-gallon pots. But they have grown for more than 1 season and some have spread out. They send out wonderful fragrant white flowers.

2. Banana shrubs, 2 of them, in pots, but have firmly rooted into the soil. About 1' tall.

3. Pomegranate "Wonderful". One about 7' tall and the other 5.5' tall. Both were in pots, but have firmly rooted into the soil. Both have fruited this summer and fruits are wonderful.

4. Figs. I think I have two more left. About 1' tall, in pots.

5. Strawberry. I had them as my ground cover, and still have some left. They are the edible ones and are easy to get established.

6. Crepe Myrtle "Bayou", dwarf type pink color. 2 plants, each about 2' tall.

7. Jasmine Sambac, or Arab J. 2 plants, 2-3' spreading, in pots.

8. Gardenia "August Beauty". about 1' tall, in pot.

This is about all I have remaining. I'd like to offer them in exchange for:

Quantity of seeds: meadow, wild flower, annual, perennial, vege, tall grass, etc.

Bulbs: hardy bulbs for Z6, tulips, daffodil, others.

Garden small hand tools.

Garden book and magazines.

Any other garden items you can spare.

Anything left will be given away. My only requirement is "bring with you garden soil and mulch to refill the holes, restore the garden to nice looking shape, or plant annuals if you get any."

Let me know if you are interested. We are in Coppell area. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have: many plants in coppell (dfw)

Hi sweetie. I have profusion zinnia (orange) that is wonderful and a tall red celosia (36") that I'd love to send your way. I also have four o'clocks and morning glories. I'm sorry that you are having to move but you might find it an interesting journey and get to grow things that don't survive down here. ;) If they are still available I would really like to have some jasmine, or the crepe myrtle or pomegranite.
PLMK, Christina

o
oops

I forgot to tell you I could also send you with some lamb's ears pups to your new place. :) Hugs!

o

I am interested in several of your plants. I live in Denison and am willing to drive there to get them. If you have these I am interested in
Star jasmine "Madison",
Banana shrubs
Crepe Myrtle "Bayou",
Jasmine Sambac
Gardenia "August Beauty
I have lots and lots of seeds and plants on my list. Check it out and see what you might want or I could pay you for them if you want. PLMK
Thanks,
Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Cathy's Trade List

o

Some plants have been spoken for. Still have figs, pomegrantes. Thanks.

o

Still available:

Star Jasmines "Madison"
Jasmine Sambac
Gardenia

The figs, pome and dwarf crype myrtle are promised, but not taken yet.

Let me know if still interested. Thanks.

o

• Posted by rema z7tx (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 25, 05 at 1:28

hi,
i am interested in all three but dont have anything to trade.so if you dont get any takers i am ready to give them a home.so please let me know.
rema

o

Before you move, be sure to give members of the Coppell PD a hug.
They are an outstanding bunch of folks, look at what they did:
Police Helping Police
Best of luck with your move and be safe!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here