Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Garden close-out (moving out & can't take it all)

Posted by Storey z8b/9a TX (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 26, 05 at 21:43

Hi Everyone,
Well the good news is I'm finally graduating. The bad news (for me anyway), I have to move all of the plants in my garden. Here is the list of what I will have available:
Passionflower
Lavendar native (Maypop; Passiflora incarnata)
Yellow native (P. citrina)
Red tropical (P. coccinea)

Roses (rebloomer = blooms all season)
10gal 'Giggles' miniature pink rebloomer
30gal 'Marie Daly' short mid-pink rebloomer
30gal 'New Dawn' climbing light pink rebloomer
30gal Chestnut rose (Rosa roxburghii) pink rebloomer
30gal 'Seven Sisters -Red' climbing darkpink/red spring bloomer
30gal 'White Dawn' climbing white blend rebloomer

Cannas (from mixed bed - pot luck on color/hybrid)
Indian shot(6ft, red bloom), 'Florence Vaughn (4ft, yellow/orange blooms), 'Miss Oklahoma' (4ft, watermelon blooms), 'Pink Futurity' (5ft, pink blooms), 'Yellow Futurity' (5ft, yellow blooms), 'Yellow King Humbert' (4ft, yellow blooms), 'Omega' (10ft, yellow? blooms), canna musifolia (12ft, yellow blooms)

Trees
30gal peach tree (seed grown), 'Alma' fig (2 year-old plant in 30gal container), Royal Poinciana (Delonix regia - 3 year-old seedling), Floss-silk trees (Chorisia speciosa - 3 year-old seedlings), jujube tree (ziziphus jujuba - 5 year-old clump), loquat (Eriobotrya japonica), trifolate orange (Poncirus trifoliata)

Water plants
Waterpoppy (Hydrocleys nymphoides), native Cabomba caroliniana, horsetail (Equisetum hyemale), umbrella palm (cyprus alterifolius)

Other
paperwhites ('Ziva' and unnamed types), chasteberry tree (Vitex agnus-castus), honey leaf (Stevia rebaudiana), 'Rosborough' blackberries, prickley pear (one w/ mid-sized pads, spines, and yellow flowers; one w/ mid-sized [5-7in] pads, only tiny spines, and yellow flowers; one w/ large [7-12in] pads, spines, and yellow flowers), unnamed fruiting banana, upright clock vine bush (Thunbergia battescombie erecta)

I would like to make larger trades. I go to most of the central Texas plant swaps so a face-to-face trade this spring (without monsterous postage changes) is definitely prefered. I'm looking for antique roses (fully double, scented, and relatively disease-free a plus), bonsai-able trees (small leaves, 1-2 inch trunk caliper), or something unusual. If you're interested in just about anything, just let me know.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving,
Stephen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Garden close-out (moving out & can't take it all)

Hi Storey,

Would love to get your P. coccinea and thunbergia clock vine but don't have any of your wants.
I do have some white fragrant crinums, yellow flag iris, blue/purple with yellow beardless iris, red pine cone ginger, EE "Chicago Harlequin" and amaryllis, not Red Lion, but they are dark red. If you want more cannas, I have tall yellow with orangy splashes around throat, perhaps "Richard Wallace".

Thanks,

Betsy

o

If you have any of the yellow passion vine left i would love some cuttings would be fine. Look at my list when you get time. I will post later for the swaps in the spring. missed you at the Fort Bend Co fall swap. Where are you moving? Shannan

o

I had given up on this post, but perhaps all is not lost.
I know it's late and I'm too far away, but would it be possible to get cuttings of Giggles and Marie Daly. I have Monsieur Tillier or maybe an Archduke Charles that were rooted in Sept. that I would consider a trade. I also have Belinda's Dream--a workhorse bloomer. e-mail me if a trade is possible.
Weldon

o

Is it too late to get any of your Yellow native (P. citrina),
Red tropical (P. coccinea) and the water poppy.
I will be at the Ft. Bend plant swap if you want to avoid mailing.
Rick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here