Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yoyo75052

WANTED: Thank you - Ft. Worth swap

yoyo75052
18 years ago

Thank you everyone for a fun field day at the swap. As always, we wound up with more than expected. Can't wait to see you all again in spring. Stay in touch. TT

Comments (12)

• weldontx
    18 years ago

I too wish to express my gratitude to all at the swap. NO greater bunch ANY WHERE! WARNING!! Thought my throat felt scratchy at the swap. By 6 p.m. Had a temp of 101.5 and ached like a Mac truck had attacked. Get out the saltwater and Listerine!. Sorry
    Weldon

• mikeandbarb
    18 years ago

AWWWW Weldon I'm sorry to hear your not feeling well. hope you get better soon. Weldon Thank you so much for the beautiful Belinda's Dream rose bush.

I'd also like to thank everyone for all the wonderful plants. I came close to not going cause I didn't have many plants to swap out but everyone was great and to my surprise everyone wanted ice plants LOL next time I can bring more. I also didn't think I'd want anymore plant HAHAHA Jokes on me I guess with all the wonderful plants how can you not want one.

Loam Ranger I forgot the name of the long green leafed plant but know I've seen it around but didn't expect to get one what a great surprise. With your soil you would do well with salvias and I might have one you'd like to grow, if you'd like some seeds email me and we'll exchange addy's so I can send some to ya, This salvia did outstanding this summer and I didn't have to water it much. In fact I wasn't even watering it cause it just kept blooming and looking great bumble bees love it. It gets very big 4 foot by 4 foot. I guess mid summer I figured I'd better water it a little more LOL it stayed the same. Color is a blueish/purple.

Yoyo, as always you guy's have lot's of plants and seeds and are so sweet to share them with everyone, thank you for the lemon grass I just figured out where I want to plant it :) Woooooo Hoooooooooo

A big Thanks to Sylvia for getting the swap together and bring her friend to share wonderful plants with us all. I do hope that she enjoyed herself as much as we enjoyed having her and she'll come to our next swap come spring time.

My only problem now is that I have to wait through out the winter to see my pretty plants come spring time bummer man. I love looking at them all.

Barb

• the_loam_ranger
    18 years ago

Hi, Y'all--

I also want to say "Thanks" to everyone for sharing so generously. Like Barb, I didn't have a whole lot to swap, either, but that didn't seem to matter to the other participants. Again, thanks a million!! (Now my main problem will be finding new "homes" in my gardens for all of my new adoptees *grin*. Such a bad problem to have *sigh*.....)

Barb-- you must be talking about the hymenocallis. I can bring more to the spring swap if anyone is interested (and if I "catch wind" of the swap when it is coming up).

Thanks again and best to all,
    Cheryl

• sylviatexas1
    18 years ago

It was fun, wasn't it?

I enjoyed seeing everybody again as well as meeting some new friends!
    I'm thrilled with my new plants...

& I know Bobbie had a blast:

She talked about it all the way home!

I'm wore out today...

but I still can't wait til next time!

Thanks to all who made it a success!

• barefoot_in_texas
    18 years ago

Since this was my first plant swap ever, I really had a blast. My step-daughter even enjoyed it. I can't thank you all enough for your generosity. Now that I know what to expect I'll be much better prepared for the spring swap. It was truly wonderful meeting and talking with you all in person. Again, thank you all.

• konkreteblonde
    18 years ago

Thank you all for all the great things I ended up with! I went empty-handed just to visit but ended up with new babies! And it looks like I'm going to have to learn to Bonsai my new tree and learn to grow loufas too! lol

Barefoot, most (a few exceptions) are very generous and come to the swaps not only to trade but just to visit. Most don't want to take anything that they brought back home either. Hopefully I'll have some things I can divide and share for the next one.

It was fun to see you all again! Thanks Sylvia! See you all in the spring! (we gotta send Cheryl a special reminder)

Paige

• weldontx
    18 years ago

Some good news (hopefully), the sore throat isn't strep.
    Sure hurts like it tho. Yoyo, I appeciate your husband's being at the swaps. Nice not being the only male around.
    reminds me of what I told my mother at age 5 when she asked why I wasn't ready for church: "too many women, they give me a headache." Have to admit, ladies, YOU are not the heacachy kind!
    Weldon

• mikeandbarb
    18 years ago

AWWWW Weldon you sweet talker you. We all just enjoy the same thing Plant's = gardening and getting together to talk plants. We're always ready to listen to anyone that has info about our passion with an added plus of making friends.
    There are some other guy's that garden and come to other swaps so come spring time keep an eye out for more swaps.

Glad to hear your better

Barb

• yoyo75052
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Weldon, my husband was saying the same thing about having you at the swap too. But don't you worry about being out numbered by us women. Think of yourself as a rare plant at the swap and everyone loves the rare one :):). Looking back to every swap that we have attended, there were very few men. Do women like gardening more than men do? I sure wish my husband was into gardening as much as I am but he's getting there (slowly :):).) For now he's good for cheap labor (Carrying plants to the swap and digging holes for the trees :):) Thuy

• barefoot_in_texas
    18 years ago

I've talked about the fun I had at the swap so much this week that my husband can't wait for the spring swap so he can come. He's not as much into as gardening as I am either but like yoyo said, he's good for cheap labor.

• yoyo75052
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Brenda, it was nice seeing you at the swap and funny to find out we are neighbor :) I'm glad to know you and your step daughter had fun that day. And thank you for making the zuchini bread, it was delicous. You gotta post the recipe here for us sometimes. Thuy

• sowngrow (8a)
    18 years ago

Wow it sounds like I missed a GOOD swap. I'll be sure to make it to the spring one.
    Robin

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting