Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Houston exchange

Posted by nikolabc 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 24, 09 at 15:55

I have:

Two sago palms, both growing happily in 1 gallon pots. ~5-7 fronds, planted about 2 years ago from pups, 4-6" diameter.

One red oak and one black oak in rootballs, each is about 2-3 feet tall and dormant. These could probably ship bare-root.

Shasta Daisies in pots, biennials bloomed last year and should grow in 2010 for 2011 bloom. ~4-6" tall now, lots of new growth.

Pine tree, unsure of exact species (red pine?)...~2' tall in 5 gal pot.

Mint: aggressive evergreen ground cover with purple flowers.

Unidentified evergreen ivy, grows aggressively and has nice purple flowers in spring and summer.

Okra seeds, plants grew to 12 feet tall this summer. I usually plant Okra in March or April.

I am looking for Texas Gold and/or Hinckley's Columbine, Bird of Paradise, Lakos Bamboo, and/or evergreen shrubs/hedges such as gardenia, holly, boxwood, etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Houston exchange

I have mexican bird of paradise pride of barbedos (seeds).

o
RE: HAVE: Houston exchange

nikolabc
How big do you want the box wood plants and how many ?
I have pulled several 4-6 inch ones out of my flower beds and thrown them in the trash. The birds plant them for me.
I could possibly dig up some in the 3-6 ft height range. They are trying to take over my garden area. I cut off a 5 ft stick from one last year (Spring) and stuck it in the ground to support another plant and the darned thing rooted. If you are interested LMK and we could meet half way. I live in belton, thats next to Temple TX
Thanks,
princealbert

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here