Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Old-fashioned Milk and Wine Lillies

Posted by gen6tex 8b Austin (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 9, 11 at 18:30

I would like some of the old-fashioned crinum lillies that grow around old homesteads/cemeteries. They must be so common that nurseries don't carry them. I am willing to pay for shipping or can trade for Martha Gonzales rose cuttings I've rooted.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Old-fashioned Milk and Wine Lillies

i have the old fashion crimm lilies on my place, they grow regardless of conditions.
i would be interested in a trade, let me know what you think.
Glenda Mangan
n. e. tx. zone 7.5 to 8

o

I don't know how far you are from North Texas (Denton area to be exact), but I know there are a number of people in this area who were looking for that particular crinum. They are gorgeous, and I love mine..........this year it should be multiplying.

o

gen6tx, It's a little late, but if you have not found your Milk and Wine crim's, let me know. I have some that grew in my mother-in-law's yard for over 10 yrs with absolutely NO intervention of any kind. I would LOVE some Martha Gonzales.
If still interested, shoot me an email.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here