Carfree Beauty
Photobucket
Archduke Charles
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few pics from my garden

Your need ID plant is oxalis.

Everything looks wonderful. I have Arch Duke Charles. I really like the triclor it produces.

Kathy

o

Indu, your roses are de-luscious! I love your Golden Celebration. It's an Austin that I'd love to have someday. I have blooming cilantro too. I've actually used it as a filler in rose arrangements! However, not everyone would appreciate the scent ... lol.

Thanks for posting. Your garden is coming along extremely well for being fairly new. I see lots of great companion plants among the roses. I love oxalis. It's a plant I remember fondly from my grandmother's garden.

o

Thank you Kathy & Roselee..
I don't recall planting oxalis, maybe it came along with some of the other seeds or maybe the birds did their magic.They are so dainty, liked them a lot. They open up by mid morning and close out in the eve like they are done for day !!
I am trying to learn as much as possible about companion plants.. thanks to all of you.

o

Wow, Indu! Your roses are looking great! That Golden Celebration is just loaded with blooms and buds. You have the garden headed your way for sure.

Jim

o

Oxalis comes by itself. If you do not want it everywhere, I would carefully yank it making sure you have everything. In a clay based loam , it became totally infected. I liked it with my wandering jew because it would be very nice in late winter before the wandering Jew had taken off and then it would get rust and die off abve ground and the WJ would be there ready to take over the job of taking over the space. Only problem was it tpook over everything in the front yard. This one is a native . also called wood Sorrel. Eatable in sallad too. A tart taste.

o

Nice roses. I love the oxalis, it brings memories of my Grandmother's flower beds and my cousin's and myself nibbling away!

o

The roses are so beautiful! Don't you just love the nasturtiums? The leaves are as neat as the bloom! I've been harvesting and drying my cilantro because I expect that it will bolt soon here too.

Thanks for sharing your blooms!

o

Thank you all !!
pkponder: yes, I love the nasturtiums, this is the first year I am growing them. I am still amazed at the diferent colors it puts out, orange and yellow.. so pretty !!
How do you dry your cilantro? Will you be able to use it in your cooking whyn you dry it and will it have the same flavor? I never knew we could dry cilantro.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here