Carfree Beauty

{{gwi:1322377}}

Archduke Charles

{{gwi:1322378}}

Comments (8)

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

Your need ID plant is oxalis.

Everything looks wonderful. I have Arch Duke Charles. I really like the triclor it produces.

Kathy

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    12 years ago

Indu, your roses are de-luscious! I love your Golden Celebration. It's an Austin that I'd love to have someday. I have blooming cilantro too. I've actually used it as a filler in rose arrangements! However, not everyone would appreciate the scent ... lol.

Thanks for posting. Your garden is coming along extremely well for being fairly new. I see lots of great companion plants among the roses. I love oxalis. It's a plant I remember fondly from my grandmother's garden.

• ibheri
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Kathy & Roselee..
    I don't recall planting oxalis, maybe it came along with some of the other seeds or maybe the birds did their magic.They are so dainty, liked them a lot. They open up by mid morning and close out in the eve like they are done for day !!
    I am trying to learn as much as possible about companion plants.. thanks to all of you.

• bossjim1
    12 years ago

Wow, Indu! Your roses are looking great! That Golden Celebration is just loaded with blooms and buds. You have the garden headed your way for sure.

Jim

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    12 years ago

Oxalis comes by itself. If you do not want it everywhere, I would carefully yank it making sure you have everything. In a clay based loam , it became totally infected. I liked it with my wandering jew because it would be very nice in late winter before the wandering Jew had taken off and then it would get rust and die off abve ground and the WJ would be there ready to take over the job of taking over the space. Only problem was it tpook over everything in the front yard. This one is a native . also called wood Sorrel. Eatable in sallad too. A tart taste.

• chickadee_42us
    12 years ago

Nice roses. I love the oxalis, it brings memories of my Grandmother's flower beds and my cousin's and myself nibbling away!

• PKponder TX Z7B
    12 years ago

The roses are so beautiful! Don't you just love the nasturtiums? The leaves are as neat as the bloom! I've been harvesting and drying my cilantro because I expect that it will bolt soon here too.

Thanks for sharing your blooms!

• ibheri
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all !!
    pkponder: yes, I love the nasturtiums, this is the first year I am growing them. I am still amazed at the diferent colors it puts out, orange and yellow.. so pretty !!
    How do you dry your cilantro? Will you be able to use it in your cooking whyn you dry it and will it have the same flavor? I never knew we could dry cilantro.