Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Garden Views for Carrie ...

The roses are not in full flush, and the bougies and phlox are not in bloom yet, but here are a few garden views as requested by Carrie ...

{{gwi:208166}}

I love the purple hues of The Prince. Plus it smells like a red rose should ...

I'm enthralled at the mass of large blooms on Mrs. R. M. Finch. I think it's due to the wet spring ...

{{gwi:208164}}

You don't hear much about Marie D'Orleans, but it is an excellent rose in it's good health and bloom frequency ...

We've used leaves of the purple kale for green smoothies all winter and it still looks nice ...

WAY too much of a good thing: six ft. larkspurs! But I can't bear to pull them ...

Hope I'm not posting too many photos, but thanks to the rain this spring I'm really enjoying my yard and can't stop taking pictures.

Comments (11)

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Roselee, I am soooooo glad I asked for garden view shots. Wow, Jim is right .........it is magic. Thank you so much for taking these shots, it is beautiful.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Carrie. It may not rain in the spring again in my lifetime!

• dcarpenter
    12 years ago

More pictures! More pictures! You can never post enough for me. I love looking at your pictures. More please!

Darlene

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Darlene, I'm laughing! Thank you :-)

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

I'm with Darlene, never enough of your garden.

• ibheri
    12 years ago

Roselee, I can never be tired of seeing u'r garden pics and one day I may end up coming to see it myself. Just beautiful! You have enabled me so much by sharing. Thank you very much.

• bossjim1
    12 years ago

Roselee I never get tired of looking at pictures of your garden. I always search every nook and cranny of every picture where inspiration abounds. Keep them coming, a daily dose would be nice.

If I may borrow a term from my grand daughter, that Mrs.R.M.Finch is 'awesome'!

Jim

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Okay, here's today's dose :-) Backlit Valentine ...

• bossjim1
    12 years ago

Oh, that's pretty! I bought a Valentine this spring. Planted it in what I thought would be light shade, behind Climbing Pinkie, then the French hollyhocks got over 4 feet tall and put it in pretty deep shade, but it's already blooming anyway.
    Jim

• chickadee_42us
    12 years ago

Lovely - love the roses. Your place looks filled up! Congratulations.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Indu, I'd love to have you visit my garden.

Chickadee, thanks for looking and commenting. Yes, the yard is pretty much packed with plants, but it seems there is always room for one more.

Jim, glad to hear you got a Valentine rose. It's a blooming fool, as the saying goes. Mike Shoup, owner of ARE, tells the story of a Valentine rose which was accidentally mowed down and started blooming again when it was two inches high! It's a very forgiving rose. I had it in too much shade for years where it hung on and bloomed, but not as much as it blooms now with more sun.