Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pkponder2

So, I went to Carrie's house

PKponder TX Z7B
12 years ago

I had such a fun afternoon yesterday! We drank sweet tea (so Texan) under a lovely drooping shade tree surrounded by Carrie's lovely garden! We also petted the donkeys, collected some donkey poo for my compost, harvested fresh asparagus...so yummy, toured the garden and loaded my car down with shade loving plants!

The lilacs are almost done but still smell wonderful!

I haven't had time to download the pictures from my camera but promise to get that done this weekend. Watch this space for some eye candy!

Carrie, I hope you aren't too worn out. I was pooped after leaving but feel energized today just looking forward to planting all of those lovely plants in my front garden tomorrow!

Thanks so much for the invitation! I had a wonderful time!

Pam

Comments (12)

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Got my brugs fertilized and some more potting done today, Pam. Still haven't tackled the willow blooms though..LOL>

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Those crazy beards! I have an epic oak beard blizzard going on here too! And the caterpillars from all those moths are everywhere!

I bet the brugs love you for the spring brunch!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    12 years ago

I'm looking foreward to the pictures! :-)

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here's a lovely crossvine that wants to eat the house!

Don Juan rose...my camera didn't pick up the clear red of these blooms!

A lovely Mock Orange...she has these everywhere

Lilac

Big pond

Dark pink Azalea

Pink Azalea..again, my camera did't capture the color

Variegated lovely...Carrie, I can't remember what this was

Purple Clematis

Lavender Clematis

Firecracker fern from Jim

Bougainvilla that wants to take over the plant room!

Giant split leaf philo

Giant Ginger

The donkeys...I believe this one is Winter

I can't remember this one's name..for shame!

I couldn't get them all in one picture but here are 3 big donkeys rescued from New Mexico

Munchie time!

This is *something* on a stick! Carrie, help me out with this one :-)

All in all there was much more to see but the camera was forgotten in my pocket. I'll do better next time!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    12 years ago

A dream garden it is with such a sense of place. It's wonderful to see such gorgeous mature plants that have had room to really show their stuff. The mock orange, the cross vine, the roses, the tropical foliage plants ... all of it!

I loved seeing the garden room with Carrie's personal touches and of course the donkeys. I can tell they are beloved pets; pets that probably pay their way in fertilizer.

The varigated plant looks like a varigated artemesia that Shirley gave me a start of yesterday. Is that what it is? I'm excited about getting it.

Pam, you took some great pictures! I'll be looking at them more than once. "Expansive" is the term that comes to mind, but it's more than that.

Thank you Carrie for the love and care, not to speak of the hard work, that you've put into your garden.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    12 years ago

They are artemesia! Thanks Ms Ragnaa!

• Patrick888
    12 years ago

Carrie...it's wonderful to have so much in bloom.

Pam...great pics - thanks for sharing. That is a Verbena-on-a-stick (Verbena bonariensis).

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Patrick! I didn't even get pictures of the brugs...they are really loving the warmth! Are you the brugmansia master that Carrie speaks so highly of?

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Hey Pam, that's Patrick, the one who brought me my first brug "stick" to root and got me hooked on them. He has some gorgeous ones even though his growing season is so much shorter. He can also grow Yvonne's salvia. You must have been taking pics while I was "running my mouth" as I don't remember a lot of these.....LOL> Roselee and Patrick have identified the two you were asking about.

Thanks for the kind words, Roselee. Pam and I were moving pretty fast and we didn't get to the daylilies, the other roses, the iris that are blooming or the Indian hawthornes, to name a few. But.......we did get to spend time with the donkeys, and they loved that.

• bossjim1
    12 years ago

Thanks, Pam, but you must go back! I want to see it all!

Beautiful garden, Carrie. I don't know how you do it, my tiny garden keeps me busy full time.

Jim

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Ah, but you achieve such beauty, Jim............I love looking at pics of your garden.
    Thanks for the kudos.............I spend most of my time out there.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jim, I do need to go back and concentrate on pictures! I honestly don't know how she does it all! There is a huge amount of garden to tend and it looks marvelous! She must have some kind of magic wand :-)