Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bluebonnets in My Garden

Posted by rock_oak_deer 8a TX (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 14, 12 at 22:35

Last year I wrote about growing Bluebonnets from seed and showed some photos from our first little patch of Bluebonnets here.

This year the Bluebonnet patch has grown and is looking much better due to the weather. The photos are posted on my blog here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bluebonnets in My Garden

Wow Shirley, time and effort have paid huge dividends. Your bluebonnets are beautiful!
Jim

o

Very nice!

I bet they just keep getting better.

I usually really look forward to wildflower season. But, I'm afraid after last year and with rainfall once again running behind normal up here, the season is not going to do much.

So - keep posting pictures of yours!

o

Gorgeous...........and it is all uphill from here. Mine have died out so guess I had better start over.

o

Thank you all for you nice comments! The weather has been perfect for wildflowers this year.

This is the third year for most of my garden and it is really taking off.

o

• Posted by ocgf Z8 (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 16, 12 at 22:23

I had to mow mine down at my front yard because our HOA doesn't know the difference between BB and weeds. I tried to explain them over the phone but they kept sending letters and threatening with fees. I'd had to miss work to go to the board and make my case for their consideration, so I decide to get rid of the ones growing at the front and keep the ones growing at the back yard.

Omar

o

Sorry about your bureaucrats Omar. A little power goes to the head.

(Alot goes to Washington)

o

Amen, RC !!!!!!

o

Gee Omar! I might understand if you were growing broom-weeds.
Jim

o

• Posted by ocgf Z8 (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 17, 12 at 21:12

Jim, their gardening approach is the one with green mowed lawn all over no matter what. They know sh1t about real and serious gardening. They will write you up for having grass in your flowerbeds or having annuals not looking at their peak (because I was giving them time to reseed). I wish I could move to a house with no HOA.

RC and Carrie, yep, everybody wants to impose their opinion on you.

Omar

o

Those are beautiful bluebonnets Shirley! I just love bluebonnets ;-)

Omar, the yard Nazis know nothing about gardening. It's too bad that they are not open to a little enlightenment.

o

I would actually settle for just a little plain common sense, Pam,.

o

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I love bluebonnets and was never able to get any to grow for me. You must have a wonderful green thumb.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here