Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Carrie's Easter Roses ...

Below are some lovely photos that Carrie took of her roses on Easter Sunday.

First is an absolutely magnificent Climbing Pinkie ...

Carrie sent the names of the other roses separately. It seems my computer downloaded them in a different order so not being sure of their names I'll number them as well as guess their names and Carrie will correct me and name them when necessary.

#1 Purple Lady Banks ...

#2 Blaze, Pinkie, Purple Lady Banks ....

#3 This may be Baby Blanket. Gorgeous ...

#4 is an unknown white from JD ...

#4 ...

#5 Perhaps Eden ...

#6 I'm pretty sure this is Belinda's Dream. Am I right Carrie? ...

#7 ...

#8 Blue Girl ...

#9 ...

Carrie, thanks for sharing your beautiful roses with us! We'd love to see more of your beautiful landscaping whenever you have pictures available.

Comments (17)

• ogrose_tx
    12 years ago

Your garden is absolutely beautiful!!

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Thank you, ogrose, and thank you Roselee for posting these. I just came in for a quick glass of iced tea, and saw you had posted them. You pretty well covered the names except for the last one which is Coral Dawn. I am experimenting with her in a container so I can have a climber to look at from my vantage point inside. So far, she seems happy and I am having a trellis built that will attach to the wall.

• ibheri
    12 years ago

Beautiful, the first time I am hearing and seeing a purple lady banks. Thanks for sharing.
    My climbing Pinkie is on one side of a garden arch and I was wondering what I should grow on the other side of the arch. Jim suggested that I root a cutting of climbing pinkie (which I did) and plant it on the other side and it would look gorgeous. I was not too sure and could not visualize it, your picture gave me a perfect idea of how it would look. Just gorgeous. I only have to make sure my arch is going to take all the wt. and not fall of.. Thanks again Carrie and Roselee. Is #7 Pat Austin?

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Indu, I think Purple lady banks may also be known as Veilchenblau. Is that right, Carrie?

It has a lot in common with the Lady banks roses in that's it's a thornless rambler and a once bloomer. I don't grow it, but I've seen it and it is absolutely stunning.

Here is a link that might be useful: Veilchenblau on HelpMeFind ...

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Yes, Roselee................one and the same. Mine was labeled Purple Lady Banks and later we had a discussion on Gw (back in '05 I think), and it seems PJ or someone else had bought one labeled Purple Lady Banks. What is that saying? A rose by any other name........
    Ibheri, I don't know the name of that rose......it was given to me by "msrose", and she doesn't remember the name. It is a gorgeous rose and blooms all summer.

• bossjim1
    12 years ago

They are beautiful, Carrie! Please send more.

Roselee, thanks for posting.

Jim

• MidnightBirdGirl
    12 years ago

Carrie, this is stunning!! I can almost smell them!!

Carrie Too :-)

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Thanks Jim and Carrie............I am just hoping the severe weather doesn't reach this far south..........I have so enjoyed this Spring and all it's beauty.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    12 years ago

The roses are so beautiful, Carrie! That pure white one from JD is lovely and the Coral Dawn is my favorite! Thanks for the eye candy!

• carrie751
    12 years ago

They have really outdone themselves this year, Pam, despite my neglect, but they did have donkey poo in the fall. Thanks for looking.

• Deb Chickenmom
    12 years ago

Each one is more beautiful than the last! The first climber is gorgeous, but I also love Eden and #7! Thanks for sharing!

• msrose
    12 years ago

#7 looks like Pat Austin to me.

• carrie751
    12 years ago

You gave that rose to me, msrose, a few years back and it has become one of my favorites.......I just call it "msrose peach".
    Thanks, Debbie, Eden came to me in a four inch pot at the very first plant swap I attended (in Lewisville), and she is a beauty.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It looks like Pat Austin to me too. Pat is among the top three of my favorite Austin roses. Maybe scroll through the pictures on HelpMeFind and see if your 'msrose peach' looks like Pat to you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pat Austin on HelpMeFind ...

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Roselee, it is so hard for me to identify by photos, but yes, it does look a lot like that. For me, just a beautiful rose.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Carrie, I've been meaning to ask about the post that's wrapped with the lights that's inside the Climbing pinkie arch. Is that to illuminate the roses at night? I bet that's a pretty sight! I'd like to see a photo of how it looks then.

• carrie751
    12 years ago

That is my cross, Roselee, I turn it on at Christmas and Easter...........couldn't put it up this year as Pinkie "ate" it............LOL>

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths