Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Attempts at catching the magic of early morning ....

As many gardeners do I take a stroll
though the yard with my first cup of coffee.
Sometime I see views that I want to capture
with the camera to share with you. I'm rarely
successful in doing so, but will share a few of the tries.

I love the way Don Juan leans out to present it's fragrant red blooms at the front door ...

During and after a mild winter shrimp plants steal the show. This is the red form ...

The orange form in the side yard ...

Fruit cocktail shrimp ...

This purple verbena has bloomed all winter, too ...

With little watering and even less rain Larkspurs still want to take over the world in spring, which is fine with me ...
{{gwi:208836}}

My neighbor has graciously placed some beautiful plants on a table close to the fence line ...

A look back through the arch ...

My sister gave me the wrought iron bench because the seat was rusted out in a few places. Now it serves to hold plants in the propagation area ...

Bob and Sport share some early morning playfulness ...

That's it for now. Would love to see your morning stroll photos ...

Comments (10)

• ruthz
    11 years ago

I haven't been outside yet this morning, but I very much enjoyed your stroll with my coffee.
    What are the other roses pictured?
    This is a picture of September Morn that I have due to your pictures from 2011.

• ruthz
    11 years ago

Another shot of September Morn after I cut off a lot of old flowers. The first flowers looked messed up.
    I think the cold temps got them.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ruth, I am so pleased to have enabled you to get September Morn. Isn't it beautiful? And the fragrance is the die for. Plus it keeps pumping out those big many petaled flowers through the heat of summer.

The mounding pink rose is Rainbow Knockout.

The red rose with the Larkspurs is Prospero and the pink is Pretty Jessica. They are David Austins, both very fragrant and highly recommended, but being older ones are hard to find. I planted them together since they both stay small. They are among the dozen or so roses that stayed.

• plantmaven
    11 years ago

Lovely!
    Did you use photobucket or is there a way to post multiple pic using the upload feature on here?

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Photobucket. There's been a lot of complaints about how they've changed things around, but it's not hard to use. Like anything else you just have to get used to it.

Posting multiple pictures is still not possible with the GW system, but at least large single photos can be posted, not the tiny ones as before..

• ruthz
    11 years ago

Maybe I should try another David Austin. The Prince is my only David Austin. I hesitate to get more of his since this hasn't bloomed well for me yet.
    I do love the very few flowers when it does bloom. I got it October 2011 and it's in one of my best in ground spots for roses.
    I'm thinking of getting rid of if it doesn't bloom more this year.
    Francis Dubreuil is almost always bloomings and is a good size for that spot.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ruth, I had The Prince also. As you say the blooms are beautiful, but burn quickly if in the Texas sun and it wants sun to bloom so it didn't do that well for me either. Some of the other Austin reds are better I think.

• zeffyrose
    11 years ago

I enjoyed sharing your morning walk----Your garden has been a joy to me for many years----

Florence/zeffyrose

• cynthianovak
    11 years ago

Love these...and I am in shrimp plant zone envy....
    Thank you for posting...all of you!
    c

• rcnaylor
    11 years ago

Thanks for sharing your lovely garden, roselee.

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider