Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rcnaylor

For my down state friends...

rcnaylor
10 years ago

Its noon and the chill factor is 16 degrees here. ha.

Comments (20)

• rcnaylor
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, and its still below freezing on the thermometer. Nothing like a touch of spring frost Panhandle style.

• rcnaylor
    Original Author
    10 years ago

One of my silly fountains thought it was still Spring around here!

https://plus.google.com/photos/103734775097554271318/albums/5870101242423372113

• rcnaylor
    Original Author
    10 years ago

easier link

Here is a link that might be useful: Ice fountain today

• carrie751
    10 years ago

RC, you forgot to close the gate...............AGAIN !! Hopefully, we won't freeze tonight, but it IS cold out there. I know there are many of you who do not like summer's heat, but this roller-coaster weather is much harder for me.

• southofsa
    10 years ago

RC- couldn't see the pic in the links, but "wind chill of 14" gives me enough of a mental picture. Hope it doesn't last long. Brrrr......

Lisa

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Hard to believe it's still that cold up there. Brrrrrrr.....

(The link didn't open for me either.)

• rcnaylor
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry about the link. We'll try it this way.

• rcnaylor
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It was just flat cold here today. Our weather guy said we just obliterated our cold "low daytime high" record for today, all time, by 13 degrees. And, we had the wind. It felt like the dead of winter all day.

• southofsa
    10 years ago

Double brrrrrrr.......

Lisa

• carrie751
    10 years ago

We broke a record low for this date set back in 1907....someone must have really irritated MN.....hope I am not the one. It was 34 at my house this morning (much lower that Dallas I am sure, and that is what the records are based on). Anyway, as I say after each one of these "episodes".............hope this is the last one of the season.................PLEASE !!!!!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Thanks for the photo. I believe you!

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

Just seeing that has me going for some warm ginger tea and my feather Duvet

• rcnaylor
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, we were supposed to get sleet and snow today. But, it slid past us before wet stuff started so all we have is wind and windchills in the teens.

And, I'm tired of moving plants back into the house to avoid freezes. Come Saturday they are out and on their own!

• carrie751
    10 years ago

As cold as the wind chill is here, I can only imagine how bad it is there.................will really be glad when MN gets over all this PMS'ING >>>>>>>
    Stay warm, RC !!!!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Dang Richard, you forgot to close the gate again. It's cold and windy this morning here in San Antonio. It's got to be some kind of record for cold this time of year. But at least I got another inch of rain last night.

• bossjim1
    10 years ago

Record cold for this date last night, and forecast is that tonight will also break the record for tomorrow. When this passes, we will probably go directly into mid summer.

Jim

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

I was wondering if this cool spell had broken any records for the lower part of the state. All I know is I have stored our down comforter THREE times and then had to bring it back out again. I don't remember ever doing it once before.

• rcnaylor
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It has been a crazy cold spring.

Last year I managed to grow and produce pomegranates here. Even though we didn't have any freezes below their usual kill temperature, the yo-yoing seems to have killed them back to the root this spring. No home grown poms for me this fall.

But, at least it looks like the record cold spells and freezes are out of the forecast... of course, with Panhandle weather ya never know!

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

That is a bummer about the pomegranates. The cold weather has been a plus for my garden, expanding the range of lettuce and the winter plants . My ssugar snaps are still charging.

• rcnaylor
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm glad I'm not one of our farmers that had their wheat crops done in.

These changing weather patterns are a mess. But, they do provide some new opportunities.

I'm hoping for more "normal" rain here.