Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rcnaylor

For all you southerly Texan gardeners in mid summer mode

rcnaylor
10 years ago

This is why we don't even think about doing much up here with annuals until May:

90 today...
Monday:
Rain/Snow Mix
Hi 44� : Low 31�
*LIGHT SNOW POSSIBLE OVER THE NORTHERN TWO-THIRDS OF THE AREA ... INCLUDING AMARILLO & CLOVIS!** Residents of the northern two-thirds of the area (all except for the far southern part of the TX Panhandle) may wake up Monday morning to light snow falling from the sky. There will be a chance for some accumulation

Comments (18)

• luvncannin
    10 years ago

Well that does not thrill me at all, but glad for the warning... I was planning to put a few things out today but guess I will hold off
    kim

• rcnaylor
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yeah, you know this part of the country, we might have a 'nother blizzard or two 'fore things are done! lol

• gmatx zone 6
    10 years ago

Amen, RC. I can remember some pretty late ones over the years we have lived here.

• rcnaylor
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I spent $40 bucks on petunia's at Lowe's yesterday. Spring fever and they were big and cheap. But, they will stay in pots so they can be hauled in for awhile yet with good ol Panhandle weather.

• carrie751
    10 years ago

Sorry about this, RC, MN isn't through with us just yet. We are expecting lows in the 30's Tuesday night, Wednesday morning...............bummer !!!

• rcnaylor
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Woke up to 28 degrees, snow, winds gusting to 38 and a windchill of 13.

• carrie751
    10 years ago

Yep, and it's headed my way, Richard.............a light freeze tonight. Surely this will be the last one (our usual Easter cool snap) and we can get on with Spring. Just hope we get more spring weather and don't jump immediately into summer temps.

• rcnaylor
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I vote for more spring before summer... and some dang rain!

• carrie751
    10 years ago

Works for me !!!!

• melvalena
    10 years ago

I feel for you Richard!
    Snow this late would throw my game off but you handle it so well. Looking forward to seeing your bloomers come May!

• rcnaylor
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Gotta keep your bloomers safe up here.

When it looks like this:

Your springtime color looks like this:

• carrie751
    10 years ago

Oh dear, Richard...................that doesn't look at all like Spring !!! It was thirty at my house this morning, and I hope everything is going to be okay. Those petunias are going to make your yard look so happy in a few days.

• rcnaylor
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Weather is looking up.

If it will just rain...

• carrie751
    10 years ago

Praying for that, also, Richard. Now you can get on with planting those petunias......................Sunday is Easter, and think MN will not send us any more freezes after that.

• gmatx zone 6
    10 years ago

"If it will just rain..." Now Richard, you know that old saying "If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt every time he jumped"!

Rain would be absolutely wonderful.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

Yes, I remember rain, vaguely :-)

• rcnaylor
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I woke my almost three year old grand daughter up from a nap yesterday to see a shower. Its a rare sight for her!

We got four showers yesterda... and two-tenths of an inch --- but, better than nothing. And, teaching the grand daughter the joy of playing in rain puddles after the shower was priceless!

• melvalena
    10 years ago

awwwh.. yes it is priceless!