Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
San Antonio Plant Swap 04/05/14

Posted by roselee z8 SW Texas (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 5, 14 at 17:35

Over 35 swappers gathered for the upteenth SAPS. Much appreciation to 'Plantmaven' Kathy and 'Castrogardener' Patty for starting this swap years ago.

It was a bit of a chilly morning in the high 50's but I didn't hear one complaint. NOT ONE!. Everyone was too happy trading plants and catching up on the latest news to be bothered.
 photo Apavilion0886_zpsbcc70432.jpg

Here are photos of many of the participants. I hope there's a photo of everyone who was there. I'll put names if I can read the name tags. So sorry if I didn't get your name.

Paul ...
 photo APaul0920_zpsdbf27556.jpg

Gwyneth making off with her loot from Patty ...
 photo AGwynethandPatty0933_zps0255d026.jpg

Passing around plants is what it's all about ...
 photo A0925_zps18fbe2b1.jpg

That's "Irishman" Fritz (that's what he told me anyway :-) with Terry on the right
 photo AFritzandTerry0915_zpsb79dc055.jpg

Happy swappers ...
 photo A0918_zpsba2d15dc.jpg

Checking out the details ...
 photo AMarcie0908_zps41a7142b.jpg

Linda8 and Tonya sharing a warm hug ...
 photo ALindaandTonya0907_zpse84c2891.jpg

Madeleine ...
 photo AMadeleine0896_zpsd250197e.jpg

'Phoenix' Joey took the day off from SABG to join us ...
 photo AJoey0895_zpsea4ea21f.jpg

Lee looks like he may have found a warm spot ...
 photo ALee0916_zps362f82bb.jpg

Diane and Ken ...
 photo ADianeandKen0902_zpsf82f4c9a.jpg

Chuck and wife ...
 photo AChuckandwife0894_zps96ba6902.jpg

Can you find Pat in her signature 'Frog Lady' shirt? Oh, and that's Joey's Mom standing next to him. Glad she could come again ...
 photo Agroup0904_zpsb964ee71.jpg

'Bluegirl' Karen not looking so blue -- not moodwise anyway. 'Honeybunny' Barbra on the right ...
 photo AKarenBarbra0899_zpse41ebb2a.jpg

Lan with her beautiful Dalmation.. The dog's name means 'Princess' in Chinese ...
 photo ALanandPrincess0890_zpsd31ef051.jpg

More happy swappers ...
 photo Ahappyswappers0888_zps78c31633.jpg

Geneva and Gwyneth ...
 photo AGenevaandGwyneth0889_zpsd310d852.jpg

Lorelei on the right ...
 photo A0892_zps28bb2506.jpg

We surely had a great time swapping and yapping! I dearly love the plants passed along to me. Thank you! And I'm looking foreward to the fall swap. Unless something comes up we're setting the date for Sat. Oct. 18. Mark your calendars. I hope to have an open garden after the fall swap unless someone else would like to open their garden ... :-)

Many, many thanks to 'Honeybunny' Barbra for hosting the swap and getting there early (VERY EARLY -- in the dark!) to secure the free pavilion.

Many of you who've attended before were sorely missed ... :-( Looking forward to seeing y'all next time.

Happy planting!

This post was edited by roselee on Mon, Apr 7, 14 at 0:12

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: San Antonio Plant Swap 04/05/14

Correction....It was Barbra "Honeybunny" Fox and I that started the swap. After we decided to do one Patty jumped in with her expert advice on how and what to do. Patty and Barbra, remember that I threatened to throw my left over plants in the trash and no one believed me until I did. I was only 5 months post reconstructive spin surgery, so it was Oct. 2006. I have to make the next one as that is my birthday.
But I did get my new roman shades and curtain rods installed. Maeve had never seen that widow open and was so excited to be that close to the squirrel in the crepe myrtle. Of course my son was egging her on.

o

Thanks for the correction. Wow -- you three have been at this swap business a long time and you're not done yet. Yes. you HAVE to come in the fall if that's your birthday.

That's a darling picture of Maeve!

o

Thank you everyone for securing the site, establishing the swap & for your generous sharing. I scored the neatest plants & had so much fun visiting with everyone.

Particular thanks to Patty for hauling down a PICKUP BED SIZED "Flores Street Houseater" rose, plus many other wonderful roses & plants.

And Roselee, besides the neat Manfreda/agave cross, thank you for the wonderful Peter Beales "Classic Roses" book--what a thrill!--been pouring over it since Sat.
(but ya know, there's a NAME for people who take photos of dummies making big silly grins THEN POSTING THE PICS ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Seriously, though, please e-mail me your addy--I have LOTS of the Gregg's dalea--I'd love to send you a good bunch so you can get it started & enjoy the blooms.

o

Bluegirl Karen, I sent you an email.

Nite nite ...

o

Looks like it was an AWESOME swap! Sorry I couldn't be there. Thanks for the pictures - Lisa

o

Lisa, you were missed! Hope to see you at the fall swap Oct. 18, 2014 ... :-)

o

Thanks Roselee- my hands have hardly touched dirt the last three months. I really miss it. I'll mark down the fall date. Hopefully things will have settled down by then.

Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here