Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
remuda1

So Pam emailed me :)

remuda1
12 years ago

And got me to thinking about all you folks. I hope you're all doing well and that everything is coming up roses for you :). I took this shot this morning and wanted to share it with you.

Comments (19)

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Well, there she is .............. a gardener from the past...........good to hear from you, Kristi.....great shot.

• bossjim1
    12 years ago

That's pretty, Kristi, and early I'd guess. Welcome back!

Jim

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    12 years ago

Kristy, it's great to hear from you. That's a gorgeous shot. Looks like there is a rainbow around the sun on a misty morning. Thank you for posting it!

• PKponder TX Z7B
    12 years ago

What a beautiful sunrise!

Waving at ya, Kristi! ~~~~~~~

She's a shepherdess! You should see her sheep!

• remuda1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank y'all. And Pam, it was while I was doing my shepherd duties that I noticed how lovely the sky looked. This was just taken with my phone camera but it did a pretty good job.

NIce to *see* you all again :)

• PKponder TX Z7B
    12 years ago

Nothing beats a beautiful sunrise!

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Except maybe a beautiful SUNSET ...................

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    12 years ago

The peaceful view of the meadow with the rising sun is a beautiful photo for Easter. Now I want to see the shepherdess with her sheep. How perfect that would be! :-)

• remuda1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL, Roselee! I have literally hundreds of photos of the sheep since we just completed our first lambing season, BUT catching a shot of me is a lot less likely.

Here's something for your viewing pleasure though :)
    The one on the left is a little twin ram whose mom rejected him but accepted his sister. The one in pink is a little ewe that I got from a friend to keep him company, they are both bottle fed but are large enough now to get most of their nutrition grazing and from sheep feed. They only get one bottle in the morning and one at night now (thankyou God!!)

True friends....

This is the last ewe to lamb for this season. This pic was taken maybe 15 or 20 minutes after the lambs first nursed. It was our fourth set of twins from ten ewes. We lost two lambs and ended up with fourteen survivors including the little adoptee.

Very rewarding but very stressful too :). So I'm happy about all of the babies but I'm happy there won't be anymore additions for a while now!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    12 years ago

I'm getting the dreaded red X's :-( I also tried viewing on Firefox, but got no pictures there either. Is anybody able to see them?

• remuda1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sigh....Don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I've been trying to post those pics for an hour now.....

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    12 years ago

Sometimes computers can be frustrating. I see you are using Photobucket. All I do is copy the HTML code into the message box. Could you have copied the wrong code?

• remuda1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

{{gwi:1324407}}

Good grief.....

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Oh, how cute..............

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    12 years ago

AWWWWW ... SO SWEET!!!! Love how your 'sheep' dog is right smack dab in the middle of things, too. Thank you for the wonderful pictures of your little flock.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    12 years ago

It looks like the dog is petting that ewe!

• remuda1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The dog is Penny. She and her sister Sophie live with the sheep and their job is protecting the sheep. They LOVE their job and they LOVE thier sheep. Thankfully our fencing is like Fort Knox, as any stray dog or coyote that managed to make its way into their pasture wouldn't likely make it back out. Sophie won't even let buzzards or hawks fly low over the pasture. They're great dogs and worth their weight in gold. They're Great Pyrenees and are considered Livestock Guardian Dogs.

Here is Sophie with some of her family, lol.

She kind of favors them, doesn't she? LOL!

• bossjim1
    12 years ago

She fits right in.

Jim

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

AWWWW, What great dogs...pardon the pun. :)
    But it sounds like a lot of work.

Kathy