Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

San Antonio Plant Swap Photos April 2011

We had a great swap! The weather was perfect and there was an excellent selection of plants and other goodies to swap or give away.

First you check out the territory to see what people brought ...

Tonya, "flowerlover 78" Gina, and "Oak Rock Deer" Shirley

Serious business to discuss -- plants! :-) That's Bella the Cocker Spaniel, standing between Nathan and Marin.

Rose, "Plantmaven" Kathy, "Leapingfroglady" Pat, and Annie ...

"Tect one" Vivian is happy she made the swap earlier than she anticipated ...

"Roselee" Ragna and "Honeybunny" Barbra ...

"Castro Gardener" Patty looking very pleased with her traded-for-treasure. Hey, it matches her outfit :-)

"And the winner is ..." "Phoenix" Joey drawing names for door prizes. Everybody went away with a door prize ...

"Meriberi" Meredith checking out the door prize selection ...

Hubby Nate asks "SgtLovesBella" Marin, "Is this the one you wanted Honey?"

"Never mind. This tray of cupcakes is what I want!"

It takes a lot of pots to have a plant swap! Meredith sharing pots for next time ...

Joey checking out the roses Meredith brought for rooting ...

"linda_tx8" Linda and Shiela

Linda's hubby wondering what Linda is going to do with this ... :-)

"Mommie, this tickles my nose." "Flowerlover78" Gina and daughter ...

Ah, this is better ...

Yikes! A stowaway from somebody's pond plants ...

Nope. It's a pet leoplard frog Pat raised from a tadpole. Now we know where "Leapingfroglady" gets her name. She's a biology teacher. Look at the cute frog print shirt ...

"Will this rose REALLY eat a house?" Alma Delia, Mario, and Barbara contemplating the beautiful white found rose 'Flores St. House Eater' ...

Barbra and Tonya ...

It's getting near the end. Shiela thinks it's time to cut the huge and very tasty home baked cake Marin brought for all to enjoy.

Kathy's daughter-in-law, Shirley Christiansen, made these exquisite hand decorated cup cakes for us. Almost too pretty to eat, but we did! And they were good! The signs were made of decorated grahm crackers, the 'soil' was chocolate, the peas were M & M's, the veggies had texture and tasted like ... hmmm, jelly beans? Fantastic works of art ...

Carlos and Joey wave bye bye ... see you next swap! :-)

What a pleasant day it was to meet with good friends who share a common interest and trade for all kinds of free plants -- some you didn't even know existed so how could you know you couldn't live without them :-)

Comments (25)

• pjtexgirl
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

How WONDERFUL!!! Every one looks so happy and what a good lookin bunch if I do say so myself. I love the frog and the amazing deserts look so great. I really wish I could've been there.

• plantmaven
    13 years ago

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Now that would have really been nice, PJ. I wish you and all our Texas GW friends could have been there.

By the way, Linda's hubby's name is David.

• castro_gardener
    13 years ago

A wonderful time ! I'm so glad I was able to make it. We do have a great group who return time after time. Having newcomers come to each swap is always a pleasure. We look forward to seeing you again at the next one !

I'll expect everyone at my house tomorrow to help me put all these plants in the ground ! *grin*

A big hug to everyone who shared their garden treasures !

patty

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Great pictures! It's so much fun to meet and trade with everyone.

Uh oh, looks like Kathy caught me slipping extra plants onto Meredith's table! :-)

Patty so good to see you out and around. Take care and don't do too much too soon.

Thanks to all you generous gardeners out there, we've been planting and planting since I got home yesterday and there's still more to do.

• plantmaven
    13 years ago

LOL! In the next to last pic. Vivian looks like she is holding an invisable pot. Is that like the emperor's new clothes?
    I bet Tonya saves that shovel for that grandbaby that's on the way. Start 'em early.

• rcnaylor
    13 years ago

Well, you guys look like you had a blast. That would have been fun.

• princealbert
    13 years ago

If anyone else took pics put them up!!
    I am enjoying the almost as much as being there.
    Everyone looks like a good time was had by all.
    thanks again,
    pa

• linda_tx8
    13 years ago

Really good pics, y'all! It was fun!

• plantmaven
    13 years ago

Albert, I think Rose Lee and I were the only ones to remember a camera.

Kathy

• princealbert
    13 years ago

I forgot to bring mine last year, that's why we didn't have any pics of it.
    pa

• flowerlover78
    13 years ago

yeah!!!! I love them all- I am having a swap at the end of June at my house- look for the invite! I love all of my new projects- see all of you in the fall!

Gina

• meriberi
    13 years ago

thank y'all for another great swap! As usual, I came home with about ten times the number of plants I arrived with - you are always so generous and kind! Thanks especially to Roselee for the rose rooting lesson, and to Kathy's DIL for the adorable cupcakes!

• ibheri
    13 years ago

Great Pictures, also so nice to put a face next to the name. Just makes this forum more friendly. Thank you for sharing.

• supaflyz
    13 years ago

Very nice pictures! The frog look nice as well a happy little fellow lol. I never heard about one of these in Houstn.

• leapingfroglady Valdez
    13 years ago

Thanks so much for sharing the great photos! Luved gatherin with all of you. I so look forward to it every season. Hate to tell you all the frog never made it. He jumped out from the container and we couldn't find him in the van. I searched and searched for him. Late that night I went back and used a flashlight. nothing. Next morning I found him, dead. :(
    Poor froggy.

• supaflyz
    13 years ago

THat sucks. Did he die from dehydration causing his skin to dry?

• tiapoppy
    12 years ago

Ok, as always...late late late to the show! I just found this post with the pics and I LOVE the pics! I was there at the plant swap and recieved the benefit of the groups generosity, but the OUTSTANDING treasure I recieved that have grown and look soooo beautiful in my garden, are my Cannas from Roselee! Thank you sooooo much Roselee!! Mario and I (alma delia) had a GREAT time and it shows in my face in the pictures. I cant wat to see you all in the fall!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Alma Delia! I'm glad you found the photos :-) Glad the cannas are doing well. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Mario again in the fall! As you probably know the details about the fall SAPS swap are on the Exchanges page. See you there!

• KittyGardeningCrew
    12 years ago

A very nice looking bunch of people. It appears everyone is having fun. Very nice shots. Now, I know what Roselee looks like. I was looking for an old lady but I found a good looking, slim, person that is not a day over 39. Maybe not even that. ;-) Smile everyone, I hope to meet you guys on the 8th of Oct.

• Vulture61
    12 years ago

I'm telling you, people: beware..... I met Roselee in person like, 4 years ago, and she looks younger every year. Like a female version of Dorian Gray or Benjamin Button. And those perfect ever blooming bougainvilleas and roses when the whole Texas is dying because of the drought? Hmm...

Omar

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Uh oh -- you've found me out Omar, and I gaze at crystal balls and ride on flying carpets also. Hahaha!

• Vulture61
    12 years ago

:D A "green" fairy, maybe? You do look younger every year!!

Omar

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Roselee, what a compliment, and from what I hear from others ...........the absolute truth.

• leapingfroglady Valdez
    12 years ago

Everyone. LOoking forward to meeting up again this coming Sat. :)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022