Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring Blooms

Posted by lynnmariep86 8 DFW (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 12, 14 at 21:25

It has been an abysmal spring for me in the yard. The Carolina Jasmine was covered in buds, but it froze right before it bloomed. And all of the daffodil buds dropped off before they bloomed. The peach tree was in full bloom when the late freeze killed them all, so we only have 5 peaches on the whole tree! The Indian Hawethornes didn't even set flowers at all this year! But, here are some of the things that did bloom.

The aforementioned peach tree...

From Around the yard and garden

And, not from my yard, but still...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring Blooms

Pretty! We dodged the bullet by a couple degrees this winter/spring. I actually have peaches for the first time. in 5 or 6 years the tree has been in the ground.

o

Very pretty, Lyn. Thanks for posting.

Jim

o

What a vivid and beautiful blue on those bluebonnets. So very pretty.................hope the freeze did not hurt them. I got down to 30 degrees at my house.

o

I love the wall of crossvine flowers! You may have had a lot of things freeze back, but you had plenty of other things waiting in the wings. Beautiful!

o

Love those bluebonnets.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here