Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vulture61

El Jard�n

Vulture61
11 years ago

The link below should take you to some recent pictures of my garden. I hope it works (I just don't want to create an account with Photobucket).

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.276794805749407.61795.100002566695024&type=1

Omar

Comments (24)

• bossjim1
    11 years ago

I would like to see your garden Omar, but I'm not on Facebook.
    Jim

• ibheri
    11 years ago

I am on FB, I was not able to bring the link up.Got a message saying "This content is currently unavailable"

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

I'm not on Facebook, but with a link I can see other's photos on there so there must be a way to set it up so we can see.

BTW, it's possible to post larger pictures now with the GW system, but you can only post one picture and only on the original post. At least with the new system the photo is 'clickable' which takes you to a larger picture so that's a big improvement.

Here is a link that might be useful: About new photo uploading from Roses Forum

• carrie751
    11 years ago

I am not on facebook either..............

• Vulture61
    Original Author
    11 years ago

:( Sorry, guys. I thought those files were public. I'll try again later.

Omar

• Vulture61
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Testing... Side garden

• Vulture61
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok. Here are some shots:

Calylophus by the swimming pool

Here is the backside of the bench...

This is a very fragrant unpatented rose I bought years ago..

Trying my luck with bougainvilleas.

The other side garden.

View of the front yard.

Detail of the front yard, including the overgrown yellow rose I want to get rid of.

Begonias & impatients in the porch

Ampelopsis arborea by the garage door.

Porch

Omar

• bossjim1
    11 years ago

Wow, Omar! Lookin' good! I really like that yellow rose and the way you've trained the Pepper vine over the garage door.

BTW, your home is beautiful.
    Jim

• carrie751
    11 years ago

Thanks, Omar, for posting these pics.......what a beautiful place you have and those "bougies" are going to be so beautiful in those containers. Very nice !!!!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Omar, your house, yard, porches, pots, benches, native plants, and pool side plants are just beautiful! It shows what can be done when one's time is limited and not like us retired folks who can putter around all day.

I love how you've used your pepper vine. I need to move mine to where it gets more sun.

Many thanks for persisting and getting your photos out where we can see them :-)

• Vulture61
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, guys. I was telling Patty the other day that I rely on invasives and natives to keep my garden alive. Otherwise, I would have no garden at all.

Omar

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Yes, so called 'invasives' and natives are some of my best plants too.

I love that ruffly yellow rose. I'm really curious about what variety it is.

Also what is the purple flowering plant behind the bench? Horseherb?

Is that a begonia with impatiens in the pot on the porch?

I think I'm missing out on some good plants!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

I meant to say Horse MINT, otherwise known as Monarda. Not horse herb.

• Vulture61
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, Roselee. It's a monarda. Every year gets taller.

The begonias and impatients are on the porch.

Omar

• ibheri
    11 years ago

Great home, side and back gardens Omar!! Like the trellis I see in one of the pictures. The mosiac pots are really nice. What are the flowers growing in the blue pot beside the bench? Is it Salvia? i could not make out. the Yellow rose is pretty, like the ruffled petals.

• Vulture61
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, Ibheri. The flowers next to the bench are Gauras (white and pink). I think the trellis you are referring to belongs to my neighbor, but i like it too. The best trait of that yellow rose it's its fragrance. It smells like a mix of sweet apple, vainilla and cinnamon.

Omar

• castro_gardener
    11 years ago

Cool, Omar ! Glad we finally got to see the pictures ! I really think you need one of Kathy's roses growing back there ! I'm intrigued that the gaura is growing so well in a pot. I have one from the swap. Maybe I'll try that, too ! The yellow rose is pretty. But where is your Thomas Graham ???

patty

• Vulture61
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi, Patty.

The gauras have been 3 years in that pot.

The TG roses are planted at the front of the house. One is at the left side of the porch (next to the lantana). The other 2 are on the right side of the house, framing one of the windows.Unfortunately, they were not blooming when I took the pictures.

Omar

• PKponder TX Z7B
    11 years ago

Everything is just gorgeous! I love your home, your patio, the bench/glider and the beautiful pots and that's all before I mentioned the plants!

I'm loving the garden behind the bench and those Calylophus are so cheerful!

What is the coral-colored flower in the 'other side yard'?

• Vulture61
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, Kathy.

The coral-colored flower is soap aloe.

Omar

• PKponder TX Z7B
    11 years ago

Now that I've looked again, I see the aloe! Is it hardy in Z8?

• Vulture61
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, Kathy. It even survived the tough 2010 winter.

Omar

• jardineratx
    11 years ago

I really enjoyed your photos, especially the front porch view showcasing your wonderful bench! Your home is beautiful and I have to admit to a a few pangs of lawn envy, since keeping a beautiful lawn can be really challenging--at least for me.
    Molly

• Vulture61
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, Molly. Yes, keeping a lawn can be challenging, specially without an irrigation system. I think that the Zoysia's traits help a lot.It's very drought tolerant and very aggresive.

Omar