{{gwi:525637}}

{{gwi:525614}}

{{gwi:525615}}

{{gwi:525604}}

{{gwi:525607}}

Comments (11)

• Lynn Marie
    11 years ago

Cool! Those are some really interesting and beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

The flowers are lovely! The different colors and shadings of the cadtus are wonderful, both leaves and flowers I like the the pretty places where the cactus are growing too, especially the picture showing the rocks and pony foot vine.

A couple of the cactus you passed along to me have buds. I'm eager to see the flowers.

BTW, will you please take a picture of me with your camera so I would look tall and slim? ... LOL. Do the photos look elongated to anyone else? Wonder why that's happening.

• sunnysa
    11 years ago

They are beyond beautiful. The photography is excellent, too! Thanks for posting.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Elongated,...HUH? If they are screwy, one can click the images and it will go to the image on my flicker page. Click it again and it will enlarge further. I am guilty of cropping on occasion (lots) to make the picture better. So I did go for a long picture on occasion and I have discovered that the GW will use the width measurement as the constant when they post it. so longer photos are larger .

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Mara, I crop all my photos to various dimensions and they don't do that when linked to Photobucket.. Maybe you should write to GW and Flicker and ask what you could do to prevent it in the future..

They are still BEAUTIFUL photos without clicking to see them on Flicker. I hope this doesn't discourage you from posting pictures because I love seeing them.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    Original Author
    11 years ago

They look just fine when I see them. and navigate. Odd. You are the first person to say anything is screwy. HMM. Is anyone else seeing my photos unnaturally elongated? Maybe I will post them as smaller images.

• southofsa
    11 years ago

Very cool pictures. I think I have those columbines too. I'll have to look at them more closely tomorrow.

I think the scale of the pictures looks right to me. Maybe because they're cropped more tightly that it looks different? Regardless the flowers are beautiful.

Lisa

• plantmaven
    11 years ago

I really like the long spur columbine.
    Many years ago I gave my son some native red columbine plants. When they bloomed he called and asked, " what are the flowers that look like little rockets?".
    That reminds me of another story. My DH was from up state NY and was not familiar with southern vegetables. I bought some kohlrabi. I washed them and cut the stems off and put them in the fridge. He opened the fridge and asked me, "what are those things that look like little green Martians?".

I see that pictures 6, 9 and 10 are elongated.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

It's my browser making them looking elongated, Internet Explorer. When I switched to Mozilla Firefox they look fine. Why would that be? Why would whether or not you cropped the photo make a difference? I crop almost all the photos I post.

When I post pictures to a Yahoo group I have to elongate the pictures slightly or they look mashed.

Mysteries of the internet world abound!

• zitro_joe
    11 years ago

When I lived in Tucson, I loved to go mountain biking when all the cacti were in bloom. Your pictures remind me of those times.

I loooove that columbine.

Thanks for sharing.
    zJoe

• bossjim1
    11 years ago

Very pretty, Mara, and your photography is exceptional. I don't think I've ever seen a columbine like that.
    Jim