Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thought you guys might be duly impressed with my forecast

Posted by rcnaylor z7 Tex (My Page) on
Mon, May 12, 14 at 11:01

Mostly Sunny
Hi 67� : Low 32�
***LIGHT FREEZE/FROST LIKELY WEDNESDAY MORNING!*** ***PROTECT THOSE SPRING FLOWERS AND PLANTS WEDNESDAY MORNING!*** After an unseasonably cold morning with a light frost/freeze likely, expect a warm-up to begin during the day Wednesday! High temperatures will rise into the 60s and 70s by late day as light northerly winds in the morning at 5-15 mph shift to the northwest at 10-20 mph by the afternoon hours. Wind chills will be in the teens and 20s in the morning....so bundle up! Mostly sunny to partly cloudy skies are expected as well.

Set records for heat last week. Wednesday, we may set a record low and also set a record for latest freeze. Gardening up here is truly an effort (and/or borderline insane).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thought you guys might be duly impressed with my forecast

Dang! That's awful hard weather to deal with ... :-/

o

OH man!! That's terrible to have to deal with!

o

• Posted by ocgf Z8 (My Page) on
    Mon, May 12, 14 at 21:55

Wow. I am making my suitcase as I type this message. I am on my way.......

Omar

o

You hang in there, Richard, I have faith in you. It's "chilly" here this morning and will be for a couple more mornings, but not as cold as you.

o

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Just fun to complain about our crazy weather with you guys.

And, Omar, if you hurry, you can catch the snow (1" to 3") inches they are predicting for a little further north in Eastern New Mexico and the Panhandle. I KNOW how crazy you are for snow. lol

PS, the latest forecast for tomorrow is 34, a miss is as good as a mile?

o

• Posted by ocgf Z8 (My Page) on
    Tue, May 13, 14 at 17:45

Yee hah!!

Omar

o

Well, to update, the good news is we skirted a freeze this morning (though I saw on a local reporting service one place about 10 miles from my place that got down to 32).

A miss is as good as a mile and I'll take it!

o

Hi RC, I am impressed! Impressed that you are still up there? Other than the weird weather, hope all is great for you!!

o

Thanks Jolana.

Things are good here, drought, duststorms and late freezes notwithstanding!

o

Notwithstanding....

o

Like the guy on the radio says: doing much better than deserved! lol

o

HAHAHA, aren't most of us

o

Well, we have gotten about 2 1/2 inches this week and the high today is supposed to be 73, low was 59. I could get used to a whole lot of this kind of July weather. Ha!

o

OMG, RC, you said years ago, I could pitch a tent in your yard, lol How much notice do I have to give, LOL
We had a couple of days of 80's but high humidity, at least too high for me, lol

o

Hey Jolana,... just enough notice to get to the beer store and back. Ha.

We had a week of really mild temps. But, not as much rain right here as they promised. Oh well, can't have everything!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here