Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jardineratx

back porch garden

jardineratx
11 years ago

Here are a couple of pics of the area behind our back porch, which I refer to as the "courtyard". This is a small part of our property that was fenced in to provide a litte privacy.

Comments (17)

• freshair2townsquare
    11 years ago

Love it!!!! Thanks for posting!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Totally gorgeous!

I just wish the pictures were a little larger. Looks a like a couple of begonias in the first picture. Is it?

I think I've been missing out by not have those large leaf begonias.

• jardineratx
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the positive feedback. Yes, Roselee, those are the large cane begonias. I have several that I absolutely love. The begonia in the first photo is about 5 foot tall (my porch has a 9ft ceiling). The begonia by the door has red foliage.

This one is smaller, but very nice

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

I dearly love interesting foliage plants and those are BEAUTIFUL. I need a bigger greenhouse!

• ibheri
    11 years ago

Lovely! I wish I could see more upclose shots. Thankyou for sharing.

• Vulture61
    11 years ago

Very, very nice. I also wish the pics were larger because you seem to have a lot of details. I really like the big bell and the bird cage. Very inspiring..thanks.

Omar

• bossjim1
    11 years ago

Very nice, Molly! It's easy to see that you put a lot of thought to the layout. The sitting area is so inviting. Thanks for posting and keep them coming.

Jim

• carrie751
    11 years ago

Very nice, and I love your garden art.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

I don't think anybody would mind if you posted the same pictures in a larger size. The size up from the ones immediately above would be nice to see the details of your garden design and art :-)

• jardineratx
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here are several views of the same "back porch" garden area. This area is the width of our home and is only about 48 feet deep. Looking from our back porch,the green glider is at the back left, the paved patio at the back right, and lawn area left foreground and goldfish pond is right foreground and the last photo is taken from indoors at the window by the pond.

• Vulture61
    11 years ago

Ahhh! Much better! Thanks!

Omar

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Wow -- even the first pictures are larger. I didn't know that could be done.

Thank you so much! You've done a LOT with your space. The different areas make the garden even more interesting.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    11 years ago

I love your courtyard garden, there is so much to see! You have some interesting plants and garden art. I have not seen begonias like that and now I'm on a quest to get some :-) I thought that was a goldfish or ornamental pond in the first set of pictures, really nice! Is that a gazing ball next to the pond with the filigreed top?

• Lynn Marie
    11 years ago

So inviting! I just want to come over and sit. Beautiful job!

• jardineratx
    Original Author
    11 years ago

PK, a couple of cane begonias were from a trade here on Gardenweb and others have been from plant swaps. Send me an email, and I can mail you a couple of cuttings
    Molly

• ibheri
    11 years ago

Thank you for the closeup shots. Very well defined spaces. Love the pond. Is it pearl de or in one of the pics?

• jardineratx
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ibheri, the rose by the pond is Caldwell Pink and the roses seen through the window are NurMahal and a NOID. I have Blush Noisette, with Gravety beauty clematis climbing through it planted in the bed in front of my table/chairs on the porch. I have so many plants in this garden, that I found it too difficult to caption each photo.
    BTW, I did have a Perle d' Or rose, but removed it after several years of fighting its problem with chlorosis.
    Molly