Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Rockport Gardens: Linda Collins' Garden

Our next photo tour is to Linda Collins' garden. You all know Linda as she posts on GW as Ltcollins.

Linda is very active in the Herb Society in Rockport and also in the Master Gardener's program. To take a tour of her garden is an olfactory delight since she has herbs planted everywhere!

The front deck ...

As we go around to the back we notice that cannas grow very well there (no leaf rollers!) and we admire this enormous mesquite tree leading to Linda's pier ...

I was fascinated by the lichen growing on the trunk of the Mesquite ...

The hummingbirds have started arriving. During the fall migration season Linda opens her garden to the people who come to Rockport to see them ...

Linda has a great green house with orchids and other tropical plants ...

Here's Linda checking out an orchid ...

This is the trunk of a tall Lemon Eucalyptus tree. Look at the tourquoise color and swirls revealed when the bark peels. The reddish brown is a piece of bark. And oh! What a wonderful fragrance the leaves have ...

Looking from the front of the house towards the road is a long border with herbs interplanted with modern and antique roses, palms, ornamental grasses ...

Climbing Pinkie rose ...

Another long border running along the center of the property ...

Linda has several varieties of Vitex. This one has varigated leaves ...

I was especially impressed with the Tricolor Vitex tree. I'd never seen one before ...

Close up of the leaves and flowers ...

The back of the leaves which show when the wind is blowing are purple ...

Relaxing under the shade of the Mesquite tree ...

Thank you Linda for the sniff tour and for describing all of your plants! It was great fun!

Tomorrow I'll post photos from one more garden and then a few pictures of the Corpus Christi Botanical Garden.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus