Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunnysa_gw

Latest Addition

sunnysa
10 years ago

Woohoo.... my DH just finished this wishing well.

Guess I'll just have to wish for more flowers!

Comments (8)

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

The well is SWEET! Tell him he 'done' a good job!

I'm also looking beyond it to the wall decor, garden plants, pots, swan, flamingo ... and ... WHAT is that about to roll off the roof???? Whatever it is -- I love it! You know a little tension makes for good art.

• sunnysa
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Roselee. He was trying to get it finished by Mother's Day since we have family coming over. Over the shed, we have a golden globe that is attached to the plant trellis. Is that the object that you're referring to?

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could plant in the well. I went to all the nurseries looking for a flowering plant that would trail a little bit off the edge but all I could find were ivy's. I don't think they would do well in the heat.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Lisa, I see three balls. I thought they were bowling balls and wondered how you were able to place something that heavy on the edge of the roof.. Are they all attached to the trellis? I love things that make you wonder.

How about a sun coleus that would pick up the color of the wishing well? I've seen them in a sort of maroon and tan color combo. I'll keep an eye out for another plant with would pick up the color of the well.

Or maybe a succulent collection with Starfish plant 'Asclepiadaceae stapelia', trailing over the sides would be nice and more drought tolerant. The flowers are huge and tan colored. I have lots of it I could share.

• bossjim1
    10 years ago

That's a very nice wishing well! He did good. Thanks for posting.
    Jim

• sunnysa
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Jim. I'll let him know.... It's 'shop talk.' and I have to encourage him to do your pretty arbor. : )

Dear Rosalee, You make my day! You can call me every name in the book... I get a chuckle out of it, lol. "Just don't call me late for supper." Yes, could you save me a cutting for the fall swap? In the meantime, I'll hit the garden centers again for succulents. That's a great idea.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Irene, sorry about the name. Sometimes the hands and the brain are not connected.. I think that is three different names I have called you ... LOL. Glad it doesn't bother you. Sometimes I call my oldest son Doug-Bob-Byron and get it right on the third try! Yes, on the stapelia. I'll bring some to the fall swap. You may want to remind me..

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

That new variegated wander jew or a bougainvillea would look good in the well.

• southofsa
    10 years ago

Tell hubby he did a really nice job. Lots of possibilities for flowers/vines.

Lisa