Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Life Imitates Art ...

This anole seems to be practicing how to be a big bad dragon so someday he can scare the livin' daylights out of Max dog who chases anoles, but seldom makes a catch ...

The pot was a flea market find. I thought the anole on it was cute enough to show you so while we're here I'll throw in a couple of other photos.

If you've ever looked at garden art at the plant nurseries you really appreciate what you can do for free. A thrift shop had a star burst clock in the trash can from where I retrieved it. The non-working clock was removed and I was looking for a mirror to put in its place. Patty came up with a hub cap she'd found by the side of the road. Perfect! The star burst was antiqued to match the bird cage and here's the result -- all for free ...

{{gwi:212681}}

I have something similar I'm working on for the opposite side of the yard and if I can get them lined up just right you might get zapped onto the Starship Enterprise if you intercept the beam ;-)

Here's the back yard strawberry pot I got at Yeya's. Some hardy hens and chicks I had on hand were planted in the holes just to have something to hold help hold the soil in while the portalaca grows. The seeds planted in it have already germinated so it should be quite colorful soon ...

{{gwi:212676}}

That's all folks. And keep your eyes open for good junque to decorate the garden.

Comments (9)