Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For those who think we never have any water in the Panhandle

Posted by rcnaylor z7 Tex (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 9, 10 at 9:22

Here is what one of our playas looked like yesterday after a recent three inch rain in a couple of hours. Much of the fence that is about four and a half feet tall is under water. Of course, most of the time you can walk across the thing. ;)

From Sunset 6-8-2010

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For those who think we never have any water in the Panhandle

Very pretty, looks like a huge amount of water. The last time I was in the Panhandle it rained quite a bit while we were in a drought down here.

Is that your new lens again?

o

Fabulous picture Richard! The contrasting colors are beautiful. The rich green of the grass against the blue of the sky reflected in the water...... Just beautiful.

Kristi

o

Very interesting! How long does that water stay at that level? Beautiful picture, by the way.

o

In wet years, red, we'll have them all over the place. In dry years, only the largest and deepest will have any water.

My guess, it will take months for that one to subside much, and, historically, July and August are our two wettest months of the year, so... we'll see.

Thanks for the kind words all.

o

Nature is so wonderful and you do such a great job of capturing her beauty !!!!!!!!!!!

o

All the rain has gone around me the past few months, if we did get rain it was nothing more than a spat.

Lots of heat though

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here