Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rhill3

Miscellaneous flowers

rhill3
10 years ago

A hodge podge of various flowers and container plants.

Comments (19)

• rhill3
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Daylilies are blooming

• rhill3
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Gladiola bouquet

• rhill3
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mandevilla

• rhill3
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Back patio

• rhill3
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another view of container plants on back patio and favorite Jack Russell.

• rhill3
    Original Author
    10 years ago

... And more container plants

• rhill3
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Monarch catepillars on fennel

• rhill3
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another pic of monarch catepillars on fennerl

• southofsa
    10 years ago

Very nice- that bouquet of flowers is gorgeous! Nothing like being able to walk outside and put together something so nice for the house.

Lisa

• ruthz
    10 years ago

Enjoyed all the pictures. Beautiful flowers. Love your patio. Looks like a great place to relax.

• bossjim1
    10 years ago

Everything looks beautiful. Now, if you could just teach the Jack Russell to drag the garden hose....
    Jim

• sunnysa
    10 years ago

Beautiful garden and patio. Loved the personal touches. I noticed the hummingbird feeder. Do you have hummingbirds? We have three feeders up but no hummingbirds.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Lovely, lovely, lovely!!! I dearly love all your interesting pots and garden decor as well as the variety of plants blooming and otherwise. Speaking of plants, what is the droopy leaved potted plant in the first picture? It also appears in other photos. I love graceful plants like that, but don't recognize it.

• rhill3
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Roselee,
    Euphorbia is in the foreground of the first picture and Orchid tree (bauhinia forficata) is in the background. The orchid tree has white flowers, but has not bloomed yet. It has lots of buds.

• rhill3
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sunnysa,

We still have two or three hummingbirds around, but not like the 20+ we had earlier in the spring migration.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Pat, I thought the plant looked familiar, but couldn't see the leaves well enough to tell for sure. I've had it for years, but it wasn't labeled when I bought it and I never knew the name; only knew that it was in the orchid tree family. Mine is a widely swooping tree about 5 ft tall, covered with buds and is blooming now. Thank you for supplying an ID ... :-)

Your Texas hibiscus is beautiful!

Here is a link that might be useful: Google images of bauhinia forficata

• Perylene
    10 years ago

Are you sure those are monarch caterpillars and not Black Swallowtail or Anise Swallowtail caterpillars? Monarch host plants are only milkweeds, while the other two types of caterpillars feed on dill, fennel, parsley, rue, queen anne's lace, golden alexanders, and other plants I'm forgetting. Here are a couple of pictures of Black Swallowtail caterpillars currently in my garden:

{{gwi:1327962}}

Anise swallowtail caterpillars look very similiar to these two. I keep getting them confused, in fact.

This post was edited by Perylene on Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 13:24

• rhill3
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You are probably right since these are feeding on the fennel.

• lou_texas
    10 years ago

Especially love the bouquet! Gorgeous. Lou