Posted by wilo Central Texas - 8 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 5, 10 at 19:01

Thinking about it:

Photobucket

This looks inviting:

Photobucket

AAAAAHHHHH! refreshing!

Photobucket

I was sitting less than three feet away. Yes, it was THAT hot and the bird must've REALLY needed the drink, huh?

Only thing I've seen using the birdbath is bees. shrug

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: so someone IS using it!

I get plenty of birds at our bird bath. My silly cat will lay on the table inside the house waiting for birds to come bathe. She gets so excited and occasionally will run her head into the window trying to get at them! The birds usually don't see her because there are a couple shrubs between the window and bird bath. She gets really excited when the doves visit because they're so much bigger than the other birds! Good thing she is just an inside kitty!

o

Great pictures and great idea........running the water tubing to a birdbath!

o

• Posted by wilo Central Texas - 8 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 6, 10 at 9:39

denise, I worry that I'm drawing the birds in for my silly dog to get them. Accessory to murder, as it were.

red geranium, I'm basically a lazy gardener. I saw that the company who does the dripper irrigation I use has a birdbath kit. my birdbath is nothing more than a white metal plant stand with a large resin(?) saucer on top. I added rocks to give the butterflies landing places and to keep the saucer from flipping off. So I just ran the tubing up the metal stand and used rocks to hold it in place. any water that drips over just waters the plants around the birdbath so I don't have to feel guilty about "wasting" water. I had the extra tubing and I had the extra dripper. I can afford free. LOL I used the smaller volume dripper and it more than fills the saucer. I have used the sprayers too and sometimes see birds showering in it while it is on. My sister says they are "frolicking".

When it gets this hot out, I'm afraid I don't often think about filling birdbaths. or watering potted plants or weeding or deadheading. . . you get the idea.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here