9 years ago

daisies

• abarbie4me2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

pink skullcap

• Vulture61
    9 years ago

Cool! I was about to buy some skullcaps today but I didn't because I wanted to have a better idea on how to use them. Your picture just did that. Thanks!

Omar

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    9 years ago

The birdcage and spirals are great finds! Where did you 'find' them? This inquiring mind wants to know ... :-)

It also wants to know what's with those cute lizards on the left of the cactus pot. Can we have a better look? I love the way you've used pieces of coral in the pot.

Your garden is lovely and it makes me smile. Thank you!

• abarbie4me2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks!

Everything (excluding the fairy and of course the butterfly bench) has come from yard sales or resale shops. I also found a metal baking rack Sat. at a yard sale that went on my side deck.

My friend and I made our own stepping stones many years ago and I placed the metal lizards along with the glass marbles in the cement. It has weathered away and most of the marbles have fallen out sadly so I need to make some new ones.

I have all these projects I want to do and have all these weeds that need pulling but alas I'm stuck at work behind a desk all day...

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    9 years ago

Abarbie, I know the feeling -- having fun projects you'd like to do, but having to work. Although it looks like you've been able to get quite a bit done in spite of having a day job. I've been retired for a few years and let me tell you -- it is wonderful. It seems that day will never come, but it does! Take heart ... :-)

• sunnysa
    9 years ago

Your garden is so pretty. I had not seen the lizards until Roselee mentioned it. I had to look twice to find them. You have some fantastic 'finds' and the flowers are lovely! Love the butterfly bench, too! Thanks for sharing your pics.

• abarbie4me2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Flower pot I found and repainted today

• abarbie4me2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Bakers rack from last weekend with orchid found today

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    9 years ago

Oh my goodness! Dying with love for it over here. You did a great refinish job.

• abarbie4me2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Soon to be butterfly. I couldn't get a good shot

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    9 years ago

It looks like the caterpillar is on Bronze fennel. I wish the swallowtails would find mine!

Love your baker's rack and orchid. You're a good finder!

• jolanaweb
    9 years ago

Those are great finds and that paint job is wonderful!!!

• abarbie4me2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks! :-)

• nattydoll
    9 years ago

That butterfly bench is the bomb diggity! And your repainted cherub pot looks so fab! What is it made out of?

great yard! looks like a relaxing place!

• abarbie4me2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ok, I'm hooked on hypertufa. Here's my first attempt

• abarbie4me2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here's my leaf I made. I painted the frog to match and sat it on top

• abarbie4me2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And another one

• abarbie4me2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Spider lilies are up and blooming

• dcarpenter
    9 years ago

Gorgeous pictures! Looks like you used one of your green taro leaves as a mold for one of your leaves :) I like the colors. Pretty yard.

Darlene

• abarbie4me2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, I did! It was good seeing you at the swap Sunday.

• denisew
    9 years ago

I love the butterfly bench. There is one just like that at the City of Plano demonstration garden that is perfect for the setting because of the butterflies attracted to their garden. Where did you find it?

• abarbie4me2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Denisew That's exactly where I first saw it. :-) We got the name off of the back of the one in Plano and googled it. It's a company out of NC and we ordered it and had it shipped.

My Hubby pored a slab of cement with bolts in it and bolted it down. Someone actually tried to steal it anyway but after they got it off of the bolts guess they realized it weighed 300 lbs and left it. It's even more secured now.

• sewnmom7
    9 years ago

is that "horsetail" in your 5th photo.. I love that stuff..do you have enough to trade. I have old pink/yellow or pink Lantana plants.,.or cuttings of Confederate Rose...thanks ahead, molly