Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
exoticrgvnativesty

Indigenous herb/pollinator garden

ExoticRGVNativesTy
11 years ago

I thought I'd post a few pictures of a project I more or less completed on my most recent trip to our property in Bayview. In the rear courtyard I planted a variety of fragrant-leaved native/near-native plants that are also beneficial to pollinators such as bees and butterflies. This area was previously home to large tropical plants that blocked the windows. The front left bed features Shrubby Blue Sage, while Scarlet Sage lies between two Pink Thoroughworts in the front right bed. Rio Grande Beebrushes provide a backdrop immediately behind each of these beds. The centers of the left and right flower beds are home to four Mexican Mint Marigolds, with a Mexican Oregano (Lippia graveolens) between the windows on the right. A rain barrel irrigates two Bushy Lippias in the rear bed.

I tried to leave enough room to allow the plants to fill in and plan to sow Lemon Horsemint seeds in the fall. I don't mind if they are somewhat invasive. I am hoping to add one or two Damiana plants in the future.

This last shot provides a view of the bordering resaca from the courtyard.

Ty

Comments (2)