Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Ugly cactus meets pretty rooster ...

Ugly cactus meets pretty rooster ...

Sometimes moving old things to a new location makes them seem like you just got them ...

Old lanterns get new life ...

Antique tin ceiling tile that Kathy brought ...
{{gwi:1329000}}

I guess y'all figured out by now I'm into garden junque as the yard gets junquer and junquer. Oh well .... :-)

Everybody have a great day!

Comments (12)

• Vulture61
    10 years ago

I can't keep up with you, Roselee! I don't dare to do that in my garden but it looks great in yours.

Omar

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Omar, wait until you retire. Then it might be a whole 'nurther story ... :-)

• Vulture61
    10 years ago

Nah,I think you need to be able to conjugate many elements to make it work: artistic eye, attention to detail, healthy plants, right amount of decorative items, dedication and right design (among others). Otherwise, it just doesn't work. Obviously you have that skill and I don't. :D

Omar
    PS: By the way, have you ever checked out Pinterest.com (junk garden, garden decoration, gardens, etc)? If not, I think you would like it a lot

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Omar, thank you for your confidence, but anybody can do what I've done IF they want to, big IF ... LOL

Yes, I check out a few Pinterest sites. Lots of ideas there for sure. If you have some favorite sites send them to me.

I'm getting ready to do one of the craziest things ever in my front yard tomorrow. Bob is raising his eyebrows. If it turns out well I'll take pictures. If it doesn't few will ever know ... :-)

• sunnysa
    10 years ago

Roselee, Is that the Madonna Cactus? And, I was trying to figure out the birdhouse. Is it a door up above it? Your garden is always so interesting. Love the way you arrange all the gifts from friends.

We love junque, too. We found this Cheshire Cat at the flea market for just two dollars. Couldn't resist adding Alice and the white rabbit, lol. We're trying to get the pink Mandeville vine to wrap around it.

Junque? It's all good! :-)

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Irene, your arrangement of the Cheshire Cat. rabbot and Alice is darling! What a great idea to use them with a Mandavilla vine. That makes it a 'story book' garden for sure.

The cactus is another of the same kind as the Madonna form, which has grown so much now it doesn't look the same.

The seeming hole in the 'steeple' of the 'church' bird house has a piece of colored glass in it to resemble a stained glass window.. A dear friend who lived a few doors up made all the birdhouses I have plus two wooden benches I have in front. Then she had a terrerfic garage sale and also gave me a bunch of stuff when she moved.

• sunnysa
    10 years ago

Okay, I see it now. A steeple with a stain glass window! Love it! What a dear friend to make all those birdhouses for you.

This post was edited by sunnysa on Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 17:34

• Vulture61
    10 years ago

Well............

Omar

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Omar. It took me a few to figure out what the "well" was about ... LOL The project doesn't look as startling/striking as I thought it would. Son Doug walked right over it and didn't even notice it.

Funny thing is Bob liked it so much he wanted me to make it wider, which would take a chisel! I'll take a picture tomorrow.

• lesli8
    10 years ago

Well? :-)

Lesli

• lesli8
    10 years ago

Well? :-)

Lesli

PS Just saw the other post that I presume you were talking about, the crack turned river? very cool! Love it!

This post was edited by lesli8 on Sun, Aug 4, 13 at 17:20

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lesli, you presumed right ... :-)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County