Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ibheri

Summer shots

ibheri
11 years ago

These are pictures I took last month, took a bit to upload them..

{{gwi:1329542}}

Rain Lilies

{{gwi:1329543}}

Natchitoches Noisette

{{gwi:1329544}}

Penstemon

{{gwi:1329545}}

Belinds Dream (2nd flush)

{{gwi:1329546}}

LA lily

{{gwi:1329547}}

Chinese Forge me not & Calendula

{{gwi:1329548}}

Donkeys tail and Golden Globe from Jim

{{gwi:1329549}}

My latest from ARS - Dutcher

{{gwi:1329550}}

Archduke Charles nestled up in Philipinve violets

{{gwi:1329551}}

Cladwell Pink

{{gwi:1329552}}

Cats Whiskers

{{gwi:1329553}}

Can't think of the name, Jim help me please

{{gwi:1329554}}

Pat Austin with Bleeding hearts

{{gwi:1329555}}

Trellis, got it done this yr. Coral honeysuckle growing on either side

{{gwi:1329556}}

One more, Blue boy growing

Dutchess De Brabant

DB full shot

Abraham Darby

Jude the Obscure

Climbing Pinkie

Comments (11)

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Your garden is REALLY coming along! Your roses are gorgeous -- big, healthy and blooming!!! Everything looks beautiful and fresh. Your arch and tower look exactly like the ones Bob built for me! I also have coral honeysuckle growing on the arch. Thanks so much for posting.

• ibheri
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thankyou Roselee. Yes, I was inspired by your trellis and the one Jim has for his blue boy. I brought several books from the library, saw thru pictures of arches and then to my best ability described it to my handy man. He built them for me. He did a great job!! I forgot to add the other pergola I got built. Peggy Martin is growing on that one. I have to do a better job of training it. The pergola was something i saw on some forum (it also had a picket fence). Here is the pergola pic

{{gwi:1329564}}

• ibheri
    Original Author
    11 years ago

oops, an other one I wanted to share. This is not from my yard. During spring my family went on a BlueBonnet trip to Washington county. It was the same day of the Bluebonnet festival in Chappel Hill. We drove thru Chappel hill and stopped for food and on my I saw this Peggy Martin.. I am sorry, I didn't take a shot of just the rose,it was just too lovely I had to stand in front of it :(

{{gwi:1329565}}

• plantmaven
    11 years ago

Great! How fun to see a picture of you.

K

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    11 years ago

So many beautiful roses. Did you get a cutting of the rose that you toke your photo with. It would be hard to resist.

• ibheri
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Kathy & Wantonamara.
    @Wantonamara - I have Peggy martin growing on a Pergola in my yard so I didn't bring a cutting.

• bossjim1
    11 years ago

Indu, everything really looks good. That penstemon is very pretty. Your roses are really nice. Our Peggy Martins will look like that someday. I think the flower you didn't remember is Buddleia, Butterfly bush.

Jim

• bossjim1
    11 years ago

I meant to ask, do you know the name of that day lily?

Jim

• ibheri
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Jim!! Glad to hear from you. I had the same thought "our peggy martins will look like that someday" :)
    Thanks for reminding me. I have the plant marker you gave me, was just a tad lazy to go out into the garden and check.
    About the day lily, it stays in bloom for several days. I really like the deep color. I think I bought it from the bulb and plant mart in Houston a couple of years ago. Let me check my notes and see if I have a name.
    Indu

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Just want to say that I like the way you've placed the arches/pergolas. Also I'm impressed at how neatly the flower beds are edged. Everything in your garden looks great -- including you!

• PKponder TX Z7B
    11 years ago

The rain lily and cat whiskers are my favorite but all of the roses are so lovely too!