Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Indeterminate Companion Planting ...

Posted by roselee z8 SW Texas (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 13, 10 at 18:24

In this mornings stroll through the garden some oddly interesting unplanned plant companions were noticed. It was as if the back yard were the melting pot of the plant world where many as yet unintroduced flowers were meeting one another for the first time.

"Hello, I'm from South America. Where did you say you were from? Northern Europe? So glad to meet you!"

They are very unlikely companions, but nonetheless a volunteer Tie dyed morning glory slithers up a spiky agave's fronds as if looking in vain for a hand to shake ...

While another stem embraces the top of the Kidneywood tree making a very odd couple ...

West Texas Wooly bee bush finds a nice companion in South American Bougainvillia ...

Argentine Sweet almond verbena snuggles up to Miss So. American Bougainvillea and whispers, "Haven't we met somewhere before?"

While Bordered patch butterflies take advantage of his strong scented blooms ...

A late flowering Butterscotch daylily peaks out from the skirts of Fanicks phlox and is discovered by a Bordered patch butterfly ...

Angelonia and Heritage rose make very sweet music together ...

Evidently David has been conferring with Adam and has now wised up to hiding better in the bushes ;-)

Have you noticed any oddly beautiful, or just plain odd, plant companions in your yard?

But all things considered isn't it fun how we can have plants from so many continents coming together in our gardens ...

Happy gardening!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Indeterminate Companion Planting ...

• Posted by ocgf Z8 (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 13, 10 at 22:01

Dang, Roselee. You're just awesome!

Omar

o

Those flowers are amazing and just beautiful.

I'll see what I can find tomorrow.

o

Thanks for the comment Omar :-)

Shirley, I hope you find something. I'm hoping people will check in with photos of interestingly juxtaposed plants in their gardens.

Interesting word: juxtaposed. I'm not even sure how to pronounce it ... LOL. And only see it used in decorating and gardening magazines, but lets have some fun and just-a-pose some pictures on this thread.

o

Beautiful pictures! What a fabulous garden! "just-a-pose" lol

o

now i have some greattt desktop photos.

o

Boy your garden is looking awesome this year!

o

• Posted by bobbi_p z8/9 Cypress, TX (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 17, 10 at 17:46

Gorgeous as always!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here