Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Mirrors in the garden ...

While hanging around outside waiting for it to rain I took few pictures of the mirrors in the yard.

The frame was bought recently at a neighborhood garage sale and Bob installed a mirror in it ...

I appreciate how the 'Love in a Puff' vine is growing up around it. I'll be bringing seeds to the fall swaps if anyone wants some ...

Vines around an outside mirror are the best kind of frame ...

I'm waiting for a couple of vines I planted to grow up around this one ...

This one speaks for itself ...

Australia cannas can get tall with plenty of water in part shade. It's a favorite for the foliage ...

Fanick's phlox blooming under the potted bougie caught my eye ...

And the RAIN DID COME! It came so suddenly and so hard I RAN for cover ...

It lasted all of about 60 seconds, but maybe there'll be some more tonight :-)

Comments (11)

• PKponder TX Z7B
    11 years ago

All of the mirrors are fabulous in the garden. I love the new window mirror but my absolute favorite is the oval mirror reflecting the alocasia. The Bougies are beautiful with their bright blooms!

Congratulations on the rain, even a brief shower helps a bit!

• carrie751
    11 years ago

Absolutely, congratulations on a shower.......would look so good up here.
    I liked that shot as well, Pam, but it is always a pleasure to stroll through Roselee's garden. Keep the pics coming.

• rock_oak_deer
    11 years ago

I do like that new mirror, it works well on the cage. Of course you know how much I like everything in your garden.

Where's the hubcap? That counts as a mirror too!

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    11 years ago

Your yard looks SO lush!!! and GREEN. Your house looks like a house on the windward side of Kauai. We are brown as can be...no not as can be. We still have a way before we get to last years brown. The rain has gone around us every time. I do like the mirror in the cage. Kinda surrealistic.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks all! Glad you liked the 'garden reflections' -- that's what Bob said I should have called the post :-)

Yeah Mara, it is pretty green. It's almost embarressingly green, but I am very careful with the water. I use water absorbing crystals in everything I plant and lots of things being in pots helps conserve water also. Plus when there is enough foliage to shade the ground water doesn't evaporate nearly as fast.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Does anyone remember the Star Trek Next Generation TV episode where Capt. Picard played a scientist on a planet that was drying up? In their case it was because their sun was going super nova. The town's people were taking a small portion of their rationed water to water a tree which was the only thing keeping it alive. I think about that particular program a lot. I think it was voted a favorite by Trekkies.

• Lynn Marie
    11 years ago

Thanks for posting these! I have a couple of mirrors in my yard too that look like windows. Two are more rustic and I made them myself to look like they are open. One is more formal and painted white that DH made years ago. That one is on the patio safe from weather. I LOVE mirrors in the garden!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I think pictures of your mirrors is what inspired me :-) Didn't you post some pictures?

• Lynn Marie
    11 years ago

Aaawwww, that made my day, Roselee!

• taterbug
    11 years ago

I was looking at some of the pictures you posted of your yard. Beautiful, just beautiful.

I noticed you have Fanick's phox. This is my first year to try this plant and mine is barely hanging on. I hope it survives the summer so hopefully I can move it to a better location. Can you give me any advice as how to grow this plant?

Thank you so much,
    taterbug

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Taterbug! I didn't realize the email I received was your response to this thread and I answered you by return email. Let me know if you don't receive it.